First Press in 8 years and BSL!

anon123

So I pressed my hair last night. I mean a real press, with a pressing comb. I had tried flat ironing but just got what looked like a blow out. This took the whole night! The only thing on my hair was Chi Silk Infusion. Unfortunately, I did it over the house I'm house-sitting and didn't have my camera over there so couldn't take a picture right away. It was so pretty, I promise. I put it in a ponytail and took the shuttle and by the time I got to my apt. and camera, I had lost 2 inches. :lachen: But still, better than the flat iron. Here are some pics!

First I blow dried it. It was wild, I mean standing straight up kinda wild. So I put this scarf on to try to hold it down.

prepressblowdry.jpg

It shrank up after pressing. I was disheartened when I got home because after all those hours of work I had lost so much visible length in less than an hour! So I put some Keracare (i figured mineral oil would help with the sheen and keep it from reverting) on and banded the pony.

pressbandedpony-1.jpg

The next morning I took it down. It still looked like a lot of hair, so I was still happy:

presssideshirt-2.jpg

From the front:

pressfront-1.jpg

And I discovered that I am bsl! This is one of my lower bras, too, so I feel secure about claiming it, even if it isn't full bsl (I'll see you in summer!).

blsmar09-1.jpg

Yaaay!

Well congrats and HooooRayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I am soooo happy for you lady!! Now tell me after your press are you still considering a relaxer or texlax.

You know your hair is just beautiful right?!?!?!?!? You should be soo proud of what you have accomplished and you have been very instrumental and inspirational to a lot of the natural haired ladies on this board and others.

Good for you. Great job.

Have you tried, or are you interested in Sabino Moisture Block. What kind of flat iron do you have?

You said you lost 2 inches...I've discovered that Sabino plus my flat iron gives me relaxer type straightness.

WOW!!! :thud: :infatuated: That's some gorgeous, thick, thick, thick hair Mwedzi! Dang, you look like you have as much hair as Dsylla does! :lol: And it's definitely BSL, too! :woohoo2:

Good for you. Great job.

Have you tried, or are you interested in Sabino Moisture Block. What kind of flat iron do you have?

You said you lost 2 inches...I've discovered that Sabino plus my flat iron gives me relaxer type straightness.

I put a little sabino on this morning and tried to pass a flat iron over it. It made no difference at all. :lachen: My hair can't get straight with a flat iron. At least not with my skills and in its current nappy state. I actually hope to knock a little of the kink out through a few good pressings, real presses, I mean. This is my hair flat ironed, before reversion. :blush:

Well congrats and HooooRayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I am soooo happy for you lady!! Now tell me after your press are you still considering a relaxer or texlax.

You know your hair is just beautiful right?!?!?!?!? You should be soo proud of what you have accomplished and you have been very instrumental and inspirational to a lot of the natural haired ladies on this board and others.

Thank you. I am having doubts about that relaxer. I'm just so chicken. If I don't like it, how long will it be before I can have this much natural hair back?! I talked to my mother about it and, unlike so many 4b's parents, she doesn't want me to have a relaxer. Almost all my family are naturals who heat straighten or wear braids or weaves. They think the chemicals take your hair out. So I think I'm going to hold off on that for a while. I do hope that my hair gets at least a tiny bit "trained"/"damaged" or whatever, cuz I would welcome the detangling relief.

When I saw this thread, I ran right in because I knew I was going to see some gorgeous hair. It's long, thick and beautiful...just like I expected.:yep:

Thank you. I am having doubts about that relaxer. I'm just so chicken. If I don't like it, how long will it be before I can have this much natural hair back?! I talked to my mother about it and, unlike so many 4b's parents, she doesn't want me to have a relaxer. Almost all my family are naturals who heat straighten or wear braids or weaves. They think the chemicals take your hair out. So I think I'm going to hold off on that for a while. I do hope that my hair gets at least a tiny bit "trained"/"damaged" or whatever, cuz I would welcome the detangling relief.

Listen to your family! Don't melt all that hair!!! :blush::blush::blush:

I put a little sabino on this morning and tried to pass a flat iron over it. It made no difference at all. :lachen: My hair can't get straight with a flat iron. At least not with my skills and in its current nappy state. I actually hope to knock a little of the kink out through a few good pressings, real presses, I mean. This is my hair flat ironed, before reversion. :blush:

Okay for that Sabino block you are going to have to use waaay more heat and more time in the hair when holding the flat iron. I know when my hair was pressed like this it would revert in minutes because there was not enough heat to make it last.

Also I know with my hair it has memory so back in the day I had to keep using heat for a few months before it would press flat and stay that way for longer than a day.

You and I are twins with the hair so it does not surprise me the results you got. It is beautiful as it is but if you want more length to stay for a while you may need to do what I suggested above.

Looking good lady!!! :yep:

Wow... look at mwedzi getting her straight hair on! :lachen::lachen:

It looks really good. I have no skills when it comes to straightening my hair. That's the reason its straight only once a year. Just when I visit a salon!!

Back