First Dates - A Poll

Glib Gurl

Have you had any "WOW!" sparks and fireworks first dates?

Did any of those lead to relationships?

How long did those relationships last?

Have you had any SO-SO first dates that lead to anything?

For anyone who has a SO and/or DH, was your first date WOW! or ho-hum?

DH and I had a "wow" first date. Not so much that it was the physical, although he is attractive- but that we really hit it off from the get go with conversation, and I felt comfortable with him, instantly. We clicked and are very much alike in our thinking about alot of stuff.

Our first date (we met online) was at PF Changs- we didnt eat ( I wasnt hungry), we just sat at the bar and drank. lol. We sat there talking for 5 hours.

He called me once he got home to tell me how great of a time he had, and to ask me out for the next weekend. We were pretty much together from that point on.

I had many dates that had a big WOW! But with Dh, I already knew him so not so much of a WOW! on the first real date.

I do think WOW!'s are overrated.

I had a WOW moment when a guy brought me flowers. He's been the only one to date too and that was 5 years ago.:nono:

I have had a couple of "WOW!" first dates...and I think only one actually led to a second date! And he turned out to be crazy....deranged....:spinning:

I had a 'WOW' type of date with my SO. We just went to dinner (it was my birthday) and the cake came out and he said make a wish (:lol:) We just had a lot in common and laughed about so much.

I told him I would call him on Thursday (4 days later, I guess I was trying to be coy lol) and a couple of days later I got dozens of pink roses, the card said "I can't wait until Thursday, please go out with me again" :rolleyes: Corny but cute :)

I had a 'WOW' type of date with my SO. We just went to dinner (it was my birthday) and the cake came out and he said make a wish (:lol:) We just had a lot in common and laughed about so much.

I told him I would call him on Thursday (4 days later, I guess I was trying to be coy lol) and a couple of days later I got dozens of pink roses, the card said "I can't wait until Thursday, please go out with me again" :rolleyes: Corny but cute :)

That is cute.:grin:

That's so cute.

I've never really had a "wow" date w/ someone that turned into a serious thing. I usually know the guys I date for a minute and have talked to them several times, so it's kinda just icing on the cake. I know with my ex it was kinda unexpected when he asked me out, so it was a wow you like me too moment. I'm with Dlewis "wow" dates are a little overrated.

aww... that's so romantic!

Back