Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*ElleB

I'm in the market for a new flatiron. I have the old Maxiglide and have only used it a few times because it is just too bulky and hard to maneuver. Plus, the steam function never worked right.

I've been looking at either a CHI or a FHI and so far they both look like they perform the same. I just wanted to weigh in with you all here...Which one do you like better?

I have and :love: a FHI 207RVI. Got it from www.frizzy2silky.com for $69 with free shipping and free samples :grin:

It gets me (relaxed), my dd (4a) natural and my dh (4bz natural) hair straight with one pass. Sometimes with dh, it'll take two passes. It doesn't snag my hair, heats up evenly and it heats up FAST, within a few seconds. I love the swivel cord, it never gets in the way. I can do what I have to do without moving the cord all around. So annoying!

I've never had a CHI, but I heard they're being recalled cause they suck and FHI's are better :look:

(that's really not the reason, but they ARE being recalled )

FHI! FHI! FHI! FHI! :yay:

I have a FHI 207RVI as well. I never owned a CHI so I can't make a comparison, but I love my FHI and the FHI hot sauce.

I have and :love: a FHI 207RVI. Got it from www.frizzy2silky.com for $69 with free shipping and free samples :grin:

It gets me (relaxed), my dd (4a) natural and my dh (4bz natural) hair straight with one pass. Sometimes with dh, it'll take two passes. It doesn't snag my hair, heats up evenly and it heats up FAST, within a few seconds. I love the swivel cord, it never gets in the way. I can do what I have to do without moving the cord all around. So annoying!

I've never had a CHI, but I heard they're being recalled cause they suck and FHI's are better :look:

err WEEchis are being recalled not regular CHIs that everyone here has. Anyway never used an FHI but just got another flat iron that left my hair soft as hell so im selling my CHI.

i have a FHI not sure which model and i love it. never had a CHI but i hear they break fast.

:lachen:Now if that didn't make a believer outta me, I don't know what will!

When I first joined everyone was raving over CHI and now I see everyone raving over FHI, because its a better product. Im glad I didnt buy a CHI!

i am asking for the FHI for Christmas. I had a CHI and returned it cause it did nothing for me. i have a Solia, which i like better than that CHI, so hopefully i will be able to compare these two.

I have the FHI Runway and FHI Platform 4/10". Between the two of them there is nothing that I can't do - curls, spirals, straighten roots, damp to dry - all that good stuff.:grin::grin: I also have a CHI. It doesn't do all those cool tricks for me. :nono:

Hello..

Was wondering what is the best size FHI to purchase to get the best results from root to tip??

I have a Maxiglide but its soo bulky its hard to use.

Thanks!!

Mrs.TheBronx, I have a 1 inch and it gets all the way to the roots :yep:

sorry to jack this thread, but I tried the fhi technique and it totally burned my hair. it actually started smoking before it even touched my hair. what do you all do about the burnt hair smell?

I read and compared extensively before I purchase my FHI. It seems that the FHI has many ceramic layers within it and the CHI does not. I bought the FHI platform nano with ceramic and tourmaline. I was SHOCKED...yes shocked at the beautiful condition of my hair afterward. I had been using a Conair Infiniti which I thought was OK, and purchased a new blowdryer which has far infrared and I was shocked with that too. The new flat irons and blow dryers produce such a softer and less "hot" heat ifyou know what I mean. I had been using an old fashioned blow drier. Now I am excited to see how my hair grows out from here.

I am going to post a thread because I am a little confused about heat now with these awesome tools.

sorry to jack this thread, but I tried the fhi technique and it totally burned my hair. it actually started smoking before it even touched my hair. what do you all do about the burnt hair smell?

Um...you shouldn't get a burnt hair smell when you flat-iron your hair (IMO). That probably means a) the flat iron is too hot or b) you are using something oily in your hair before you flat iron it which is "frying" it and causing the burnt smell. This used to happen to me when I used grease & then a hot flat iron :blush: way back in the day.

Solution: Thermal heat protectant sprays/ serums & a lower heat setting. I don't know how some ladies use FHI & CHIs that have no heat setting. I returned the FHI Technique because it is set at 410 degrees!!!! http://www.amazon.com/FHI-Heat-Technique-Ceramic-Styling/dp/B0009MGPVW

Oh my goodness!!! thats terrible! what heat setting did u have it on?

Um...you shouldn't get a burnt hair smell when you flat-iron your hair (IMO). That probably means a) the flat iron is too hot or b) you are using something oily in your hair before you flat iron it which is "frying" it and causing the burnt smell. This used to happen to me when I used grease & then a hot flat iron :blush: way back in the day.

Solution: Thermal heat protectant sprays/ serums & a lower heat setting. I don't know how some ladies use FHI & CHIs that have no heat setting. I returned the FHI Technique because it is set at 410 degrees!!!! http://www.amazon.com/FHI-Heat-Technique-Ceramic-Styling/dp/B0009MGPVW

Oh my! Thats way toooo hot! they shouldn;t even have that on the market!! lol Any particular brands of thermal protectant that you would suggest before flat ironing?

i have the pink FHI... not sure what model that is but it works wonders!! my hair is amazing. its one heat setting .. not sure what that is either cuz i threw away the box.. but its great! my hair feels amazingly soft and is soo shiny.....
i also have an H2PRO iron.. which is also great! that was my first pricey flat iron after seeing a friends hair and hers lookd like silk.. n i askd her where she got her hair done and she did it her self (dont u love that??) ... and i told her whatever she used, i MUST buy.. and the h2pro did work as a charm.. only bought FHI cuz it was on a christmas discount in a xmas package along with the fhi hot sauce, some clips, and a brush :)

now i just went to look for some FHI's and i found so many different ones and they say the platform one is really good too.. I was lookin into that.. and also a domed on that allows u to curl your hair at the same time, i thought that was kinda cool too. but maybe i should just stick with a regular one and for a curl just add some rollers to it after to limit the heat on my hair..

FHI Platform........all the way....

My hairdresser has been using the FHI Platform in my hair for over 4 years and girl when i tell you i had that BLOW IN THE WIND HAIR/FREE FLOWING HAIR look. Once i reloacted to NYC, I saved up my money and purchased the same one she used in my hair.

FHI Platform........all the way....

My hairdresser has been using the FHI Platform in my hair for over 4 years and girl when i tell you i had that BLOW IN THE WIND HAIR/FREE FLOWING HAIR look. Once i reloacted to NYC, I saved up my money and purchased the same one she used in my hair.

Really... do share the model that you have, I would like to look it up, but i am definitely leaning towards the FHI platform. But what size is the best?? I wanna be able to curl and style it too all in 1-2 passes. what you think?? :)

Back