Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FHI Platform........all the way....

My hairdresser has been using the FHI Platform in my hair for over 4 years and girl when i tell you i had that BLOW IN THE WIND HAIR/FREE FLOWING HAIR look. Once i reloacted to NYC, I saved up my money and purchased the same one she used in my hair.

Oooooh yea i would like to know what model as well please :) Im adding FHI to my Christmas list.

Oooooh yea i would like to know what model as well please :) Im adding FHI to my Christmas list.

Same here!
Also, I just saw a review on a beauty blog for the pink 1" FHI. THe Blog author listed the price as 69.99 at beautychoice. But when I went to the site, it was closer to 200 bucks! These things are pricey! But if its as good as you all say, it's worth the investment.

Did anyone get any good deals on theirs?

Check out ebay; I got my Platform 4/10 for about $100. Also, Amazon sometimes has deals - I got an excellent price on Amazon for my runway.

Oh my! Thats way toooo hot! they shouldn;t even have that on the market!! lol Any particular brands of thermal protectant that you would suggest before flat ironing?

I looooove CHI Silk Infusion. I use it for flat ironing & roller-sets.

My roommate has a FHI & she like it a lot. It's a lower-end 1inch one, but it has a heat setting. I didn't care for it, though.

Has anyone tried the knock off Sally's brand.. (GVP) its on sale for like 59.99? I was considering it.. that and the platform one i saw for 96.00

What are u leaning towards?

Well, my HD uses a Chi so that's what I've wanted - seriously it cannot compare to a regular curling iron. My thick hair ends up light, silky straight, soft and FLOOOWWY!!

But now I'm strongly considering the FHI! :perplexed We'll see which one has a better Christmas sale price. :grin: :look:

Has anyone tried the knock off Sally's brand.. (GVP) its on sale for like 59.99? I was considering it.. that and the platform one i saw for 96.00

Didn't use it personally, but my roommate had it before she bought her FHI & she said it was very good. She suggested it to me before I bought my BIOSILK flat iron. Hope that helps.....

My Hairdresser uses a Chi, when I walk in, im like I need a relaxer, once I leave her chair im like I can stretch another two weeks. With the Chi it seems like my hair is relaxed. Straight, but not flat to the head and so soft. My hair remains straight including roots until I wet it. I never used the FHI but the CHI is awesome.

FHI makes me feel so HIGH!!! Great flat iron. I bought mine several years ago, and never had a problem with it. Make sure you get one with the temp control. I think they make a wet/dry model that has no temp control (accidently bought for my mom)

I have been using my CHI for 5 years now, seriously, and it still works, its amazing, gets my hair straight, no damage. I love the iron, don't know if I will try the FHI when my chi breaks down, so I am subscribing

I love my FHIs,

1207_fhie_400.jpg

I don't know which model these are but I've had them for over two years and they haven't failed me yet.

Okkk I just purchased the CHI 1" Flat Irons w/black handles.. I'll see how they work this week when I do my touchup... I hope they are worth the price I paid for them.....:ohwell:

My mother made me open my birthday(which is tomorrow) present tonight, and it was a FHI Platinum flatiron!!:drunk: I cannot wait to flatiron my hair with it. I tried the CHI iron before and I liked the results. I'm just really anxious to try this.

I have a CHI and like it very much,I bought the FHI Platform Special Edition from Ulta last weekend and cant wait to try it.
I want to see how it compares to CHI.

I have the FHI, and I absolutely love it. My siggy pic and my avatar is the product of using my FHI. Best flat iron I've ever had. I've never had a CHI, so I don't know if I can give an accurate comparison, but I just had to report on how much I love the FHI. HTH!

I read and compared extensively before I purchase my FHI. It seems that the FHI has many ceramic layers within it and the CHI does not. I bought the FHI platform nano with ceramic and tourmaline. I was SHOCKED...yes shocked at the beautiful condition of my hair afterward. I had been using a Conair Infiniti which I thought was OK, and purchased a new blowdryer which has far infrared and I was shocked with that too. The new flat irons and blow dryers produce such a softer and less "hot" heat ifyou know what I mean. I had been using an old fashioned blow drier. Now I am excited to see how my hair grows out from here.

I am going to post a thread because I am a little confused about heat now with these awesome tools.

what blowdryer is this?

Fhi. I purchased a Chi Nano and compared that with my Conair.... the Chi won because I was able to straighten my hair much faster. Fewer passes, my ends were straighter, etc. THEN, I stumbled upon this thread and my PJism has now expanded to hair appliances :ohwell:

I bought the FHI 207RVI Ted Gibson edition from www.frizzy2silky.com (Thank you Tiffers LOL!) and flat ironed half of my hair with the CHI, the other half with the FHI this morning.

Last night, I used Head and Shoulders (the ocean smelling one.. it doesn't completely strip my hair, which is good...). I then followed up with Emergencia and dc'ed with that for about an hour with a heat cap. After that I put Super Soft Honey Conditioning Rinse (from Shescentit). I rinsed, applied Neutrogena Silk-touch Leave-In on my ends, sprayed the rest of my hair with UBH Dew Moisturizer, and then let my hair airdry overnight.

I also used the dew moisturizer as my heat protectant... it's very light :D

I'm 14.5 weeks post btw..

Coils/NG

0623091029.jpg

0623091030.jpg

These are the same coils after a couple of passes through the CHI:

0623091033.jpg

More smoothe results with the CHI...

0623091041.jpg

Finished CHI side:

0623091051.jpg

The FHI made my hair incredibly smoothe:

0623091128.jpg

Finished FHI results:

0623091140.jpg

With that said, both irons straightened my hair well. Both of them got my roots well enough. BUT, and this is a big but, the FHI side of my hair is SO much silkier! I paid $140 for the CHI Nano at Ulta, and $97 for the FHI. The $97 INCLUDES shipping. In terms of price, the FHI. In terms of silkiness, the FHI. Apart from the silkiness, they're very similar irons... although I never burned myself with the FHI. The CHI got me a few times because the outside gets pretty hot. If they're this similar, I think one is better off going with the cheaper option... about $43 cheaper in this case (for me anyway.)

Forgive me for the several and large pictures... :(

I voted FHI.

I forgot to mention... the CHI is set at approximately 350 degrees, plus or minus a few I'm guessing, so I set my FHI to 360-370. I'm sure I could get better results with the FHI if I set it to like 400.... but no thank you. Lol.

Happy to help.

Last edited:

After I started this thread I saw this and am now leaning toward this one. It's waaaaaay friendlier to my wallet with the same features as both the CHI and FHI with CU-UTE patterns, colors, and designs to boot.

I am so excited. Just purchased a FHI Platform Special Edition from my local salon to replace my Corioliss. Whew! Now to learn how to properly flat iron hair as I need to straighten if I am to stretch to 12 weeks.

Which Iron (FHI vs CHI) is better at straightening natural hair?

ETA- I voted chi.. b/c I have had mine for 2+ years with no complaints, but Ive never tried the FHI

Last edited:
Which Iron (FHI vs CHI) is better at straightening natural hair?

ETA- I voted chi.. b/c I have had mine for 2+ years with no complaints, but Ive never tried the FHI

My younger cousin has 4 a/b coils. I straightened her hair with my CHI Nano a few weeks ago. It reverted very quickly. I used my FHI on her 6 days ago (it was set between 370-380) and it hasn't reverted till this day. It's just as silky too :yep:

She does wrap it every night and she moisturizes her hair daily, so that probably helps.

Sedu gets my vote! In all fairness; I have used Chi...it was "Ok" and never used FHI so no opinion on that.

Back