Feeling Lost, Please Help

Can you get on a payment plan?
I’m on one but I’ll still have a hold on my account until it’s payed off

Also are you on student loans, do you have scholarships, or are you paying everything directly?
I’m on student loans and pell. I got double loans this semester since I didn’t go to school for fall semester. Still owed. Next semester I don’t get double loans so the plan was to work and save up
I got double loans this semester since I didn't go to school in the fall. So the plan was to get a job and save up for fall semester housing but that's $7,500 for housing plus and extra $1,500 for tuition that my financial aid won't cover AND books and living. Not to mention the cost of living right now. I have money saved up, but it's dwindling fast

What are your grades like?(Just in general. If you don't want to share I understand)
I have a 2.5

What's your major?
elementary education

Have you had any emergencies come up as of late that are out of your control ? (I'm just thinking of emergency grants).
Finally I'm assuming you're undergrad or are you grad?
I'm undergrad and my father just had a stroke

Just need the deets in case I can help with any solutions...
Can you get on a payment plan?

Also are you on student loans, do you have scholarships, or are you paying everything directly?

What are your grades like?(Just in general. If you don't want to share I understand)

What's your major?

Have you had any emergencies come up as of late that are out of your control ? (I'm just thinking of emergency grants. I already have one in mind as of late but you must not mention what you just said about being behind. There are many reasons we are behind. You will list the others in order to qualify for this grant, and it's available at most Colleges throughout NY and the boroughs. It's buried. You have to search for it and I was lucky to find it. What I mean by buried is it is one that you have to mine because they don't actively advertise it. I already looked to see if your school has it and it does, but it only gives up to $1500, but that is something you don't have to pay back. You just have to provide documentation.).
Finally I'm assuming you're undergrad or are you grad?

Can you personal message me about the grant please?!

Just need the deets in case I can help with any solutions...

I don't think there's any place quite like the major cities in California. Have you tried moving to the Bay Area? Not SF but like San Jose area?

I hated LA and I'm like 85% into NYC, but now I don't live in the US anymore. If I did move back, I'd move to DC or SF. Both expensive, but both places give me a work hard/play hard vibe that I like.

What about Arizona or New Mexico?
Also, I know quite a few people that moved from Cali to NYC and they're all into the similar things they did in Cali, like Soul Cycle, aerial yoga types of things.

I don't think there's any place quite like the major cities in California. Have you tried moving to the Bay Area? Not SF but like San Jose area?

I hated LA and I'm like 85% into NYC, but now I don't live in the US anymore. If I did move back, I'd move to DC or SF. Both expensive, but both places give me a work hard/play hard vibe that I like.

What about Arizona or New Mexico?
Also, I know quite a few people that moved from Cali to NYC and they're all into the similar things they did in Cali, like Soul Cycle, aerial yoga types of things.

phoenix was boring when I visited, I will check out las vegas though. I like that it has a 24/7 vibe like NYC and Miami

I don't have to lol. I will post it here in case someone else needs it. I'm giving you grant information that it took me over forty hours to find of research. Granted I received well over $20,000 for my efforts so I'm not complaining (I think there is a cap now from NYU :lol: and it might be because of me because I was one of the first to find the grant. The school financial aid office had to call the head of financial aid to find out if it existed . I had all the info ready and available). Now that money didn't go all go in my hands as back then they did allow it to go to tuition expenses but only if there was an unforeseen emergency. I was given money directly and money to erase previous debt for tuition. Now it is tighter, years later as they refine what it is needed for and the specifications of what they will give you the money for (and why). It is a one shot program. So that means try to get the maximum amount (or as much as you can) because you will not be able to request it again from your school. Now if you switch to another NYC school, that rules does not apply so remember that :lol:. AND if you go to a grad program, that rule does not apply as it only applies per program :look:. So remember that.

First and foremost read this in its entirety and do not skim it. I actually received the petrie grant when I was in grad school program at NYU (I am now in a Phd program but it wasn't that long ago that I was in a master's program there). Thus I know how to get this grant. It is up to you to follow my advice. Forgive any typos. I'm typing fast, late, and I'm not revising. I also raise grants for organizations and films (documentary) so I know how to make certain that you appeal to the type of grant needed. I may ramble a little, but give me a break it is 2 a.m here and I am also on heavy pain medication for my chronic condition :lol: so bear with me.

Please note to anyone reading that this grant applies to most schools (colleges) in NYC area. Note I said most. Type the words Petrie Grant and your school in google and some random link that you may never have found on your own will lead you to the grant and how to apply through your school. They have to post it, but they are not required to advertise it. The more money the school keeps, the more % of money they make off of it (this is only for private grants and the Petrie grant is one) each year so they aren't like yay! Get these grants.

With that said:
It's called the Petrie grant. Some schools will give up to 30,000 dollars to a student through it, some schools will give less depending on how much they are given from the Petrie fund and/or how many students they have (I think as your school is apart of CUNY system that's a lot of students across NY so it's a smaller fund per student). Your school gives up to $1500 dollar free and clear.

I simply typed in Petrie grant and your school name to see if something popped up via google. Think creatively and out of the box so that you can get as much as possible, and document those expenses. BUt it needs to seem like you were doing well and then X happen, and now it is an emergency situation. It can't be, It's an emergency I need money to pay for class because so does everyone. Think. I'm sure there is something else that has happened to slow you down and put you in debt. It could be that something happened with your family (for instance off the top of my head since you're probably undergrad, Parents (even if they weren't because your school will say they have expected family contribution, and even if parents don't pay that the school expects them to, and as such, you can say they didn't pay X amount this time)...so you can say, (if it's true that this coincides with things) one of your parents lost their jobs and now you have to come up with extra money for X because they can't help you. You will get on your feet and that will change because you will have time to prepare the next semester. Or you are backed up on housing and could be evicted. Please note if this is true, I have another option for you but that will only go to pay your rent directly. I sent it out for a friend. I am the master of grants. BUt that one I'd have to look up and frankly, I'm ill myself (Crohn's, etc) so I have only so much time to work on other people's grants. Anything I can do fast I'd love to but anything that takes time or I have to go and research, I can't. I'm too busy researching for extra money for my Phd program. I just won a scholarship but I want moooooreee :lol: ) At any rate, hope this helps)

Student Emergency Grant
The Brooklyn College Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund has been created for the purpose of providing quick-response emergency grants to students in good standing with short-term financial emergencies, to enable them to remain in school, rather than being forced to take a leave of absence or drop out.

Guidelines
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund was created to provide eligible students facing short-term, nonrecurring emergencies with a one-time grant to alleviate the situation. To ensure that the greatest number of students in need get assistance, recipients will receive only one grant during their tenure at Brooklyn College.

The program seeks to assist students so they can continue and complete their education at the college. Precedence will be given to first-time degree-seeking students. The maximum award is $1,500, and all grant requests will require documentation. You will meet with the emergency resource assistant to discuss the appropriate documentation for your situation.

Eligibility Requirements
Students who can demonstrate need and are facing a current unexpected emergency may apply for this grant. The applicant must:

• have a good record of conduct,
  • have paid tuition to Brooklyn College, and
  • be matriculated with a minimum GPA of 2.00 for undergraduates or 3.00 for graduate students.
Examples of Emergencies
Examples of emergencies to be considered include, but are not limited to:

• travel home for serious illness or death in the immediate family (e.g., parents and siblings)
  • homelessness due to loss of housing
  • imminent documented eviction
  • documented theft of books and other essential academic belongings
  • required uninsured medical treatment and/or follow-up
  • unanticipated loss resulting in a lack of funds to get to and from school
  • sudden loss of childcare to cover academic schedule
  • prescription eyeglasses or essential dental work
Note: Petrie grants will not be given for tuition cost, college debts, or legal representation.

The application may be picked up in the Office of Student Affairs, 2113 Boylan Hall, or by clicking the link below. Return the completed application to 2113 Boylan Hall.

HEre is the link to the Pdf fto fill out Please note there are two links:

There is a student application and an agreement form that you have to fill out to get it (again take your time and do it right so that you can get the most approved. The items listed above show examples of emergencies but they are not all so get creative if you have to but also note what they will not be given for, so do not list anything like:tuition. I warned you. You will be denied. Again you have other expenses and emergencies. The money will be given to you freely to use for your needs after you receive it. Just think of all the things you might need it for (and what applies to your situation) and make sure to put the thing that seems most like an emergency in the application).

Copy paste these into a browser and print and fill them out. They are for your school directly. Each school will have their own forms but most have the same thing. It is for an emergency. It is a one time grant to so make the most of it. I know I did. I got the maximum at my school that I could get and that was an astronomical amount before they put a cap on it. Infact, the school asked how I found it in the first place :giggle: because they didn't post it on their website, I found out about it researching grants on another site. I actually received over $20,000 and change. Part went directly in my hand, and part to my balance. It was some years ago so I don't remember the exact amount of mine, but again, my point is that I know how to write grants so I hope you really listen to some of my suggestions when going for it.

http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/web/off_dosa/Petrie_Application.pdf
http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/web/off_dosa/Petrie_Student_Agreement.pdf

Please pm me if you receive it. It is good to know when things work out for others. I like to help when I can :)

Last edited:
I just saw this. This part that you wrote: I'm undergrad and my father just had a stroke

It is unfortunate that dad had a stroke but that is your in. He was helping and now he can't pay for X and you have to. Your relatives will kick in later and you will get a job but as for now you have to pay X and need help. Try to think of an X that is $1500 dollars worth and you need immediate help or you will get kicked out. You need rent, you need down payment, whatever.

Grade wise: Get your grades up hun so that you can transfer to a better school. I know you can do it! Meanwhile you may still be able to get into a school like NYU because the education department is seeking people. There is a lack of teachers out there. You may have to have a heck of an essay and talk about overcoming adversity and how it affected your grades, but now you're on your way and you're getting A's or whatever (if you can pull them in the next semester or so). And transfer so you can meet more people. AND there are so many grants in education, some based on need.

I recommend this book because it shows you how to look for grants. Go mining for future purposes. You may be in undergrad, but you are older so you should be able to apply yourself without someone following behind you. I don't mean this negatively but I mean that sometimes those in undergrad who are younger take opportunities for granted unless someone constantly asks " Are you applying for X" and :blah: and so on. But you can make certain to read this book and apply the techniques and search your little heart out. You can research yourself out of a hole, and even past that into comfort ville financially (but it takes the hours to do so and commitment). Also you can find scholarships and grants even after starting college, and even with your gpa so do not despair.

Book: How to go to college almost for free.

Amazon product ASIN 0060937653

I just saw this. This part that you wrote: I'm undergrad and my father just had a stroke

It is unfortunate that dad had a stroke but that is your in. He was helping and now he can't pay for X and you have to. Your relatives will kick in later and you will get a job but as for now you have to pay X and need help. Try to think of an X that is $1500 dollars worth and you need immediate help or you will get kicked out. You need rent, you need down payment, whatever.

Grade wise: Get your grades up hun so that you can transfer to a better school. I know you can do it! Meanwhile you may still be able to get into a school like NYU because the education department is seeking people. There is a lack of teachers out there. You may have to have a heck of an essay and talk about overcoming adversity and how it affected your grades, but now you're on your way and you're getting A's or whatever (if you can pull them in the next semester or so). And transfer so you can meet more people. AND there are so many grants in education, some based on need.

I recommend this book because it shows you how to look for grants. Go mining for future purposes. You may be in undergrad, but you are older so you should be able to apply yourself without someone following behind you. I don't mean this negatively but I mean that sometimes those in undergrad who are younger take opportunities for granted unless someone constantly asks " Are you applying for X" and :blah: and so on. But you can make certain to read this book and apply the techniques and search your little heart out. You can research yourself out of a hole, and even past that into comfort ville financially (but it takes the hours to do so and commitment). Also you can find scholarships and grants even after starting college, and even with your gpa so do not despair.

Book: How to go to college almost for free.

Amazon product ASIN 0060937653

Thanks so much for all the info!! Do you mean I can go to NYU for grad school? Or for undergrad? That would be awesome!

Thanks so much for all the info!! Do you mean I can go to NYU for grad school? Or for undergrad? That would be awesome!
I'm saying NYU. the school is tighter in grades in most places, but I know of various people with lower grades that got into the education department. They were explaining to me why. THat is for both undergrad and grad school. BUt now the grad school program , after you enter, along with all programs on the graduate level...will accept nothing less than B's. I am talking about after they accept you into the program, while you are taking classes there. You can't get a C or you will have to retake a class. But that is for future (file it away in your mental rolodex). I say apply because why not. I'm not sure if it is rolling but I know that The New School is Rolling. My programs at NYU (I went for undergrad and grad) were set dates (to apply) but that doesn't mean every school is like that. I do know that you have a little more lee way for getting in. And if you are rejected, you can apply again next year. AND guess what? Why not. Get the grades up higher and apply again. Push them as far as you can get them to a 3.0. I don't care if it's 2.75 that's higher than you are now. But again, I'd still apply. I'd just have a heck of an essay crafted. Again my previous background in marketing goes to that (I work in film as a n outreach/Marketer/Producer and now I'm going in on the creative side in writing...and I'm also in a Phd program and will get one in Aesthetics, Art History, and Philosophy God willing :) ). I've always had high grades, but I did have medical leave in undergrad that took time (huge) away from school. I made sure to explain the huge gap in my essay. It's always about the essay. I thought that was over and then I ended up with a chronic condition. It's always about covering your butt. I made sure that my new program knows about it, and I am even applying for grants for my condition because it does make school harder and there are grants for everything. Get money :lol:

Again forgive typos. With as much as I'm typing, I'm not looking back. I'm just trying to give info. So I'm not correcting anything. If I hit the wrong key, oh well.

Take care but remember to keep in touch. Feel free to p.m me. I can't devote a ton of time to research for others but when I can I will give advice (in short spurts like now). I love to help people when they actually listen :rofl: The minute I find that I'm wasting my breath, I stop :lol:

Last edited:
@L.Brown1114 please check your pm. I responded to your pm (2xs lol) BUT then you have a quick 3rd PM because I think I found a solution to something you asked me about in your PM to me. I did a quick google search :) and it was like a spot light said ta da!

You will have to do the ground work though of course...

Hope it helps. Look out for that pm right now. I'm going to go deliver the info.

Last edited:
@L.Brown1114, you may qualify to attend Brooklyn College or any CUNY/SUNY school under the Excelsior Scholarship Program. You basically qualify if your income is less than $100,000 a year. It seems there is an application period and the site has an option to enter your email addrsss so you can be notified when it’s available for Fall 2018. Here is the site with all the information:

https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-col...arships-awards/the-excelsior-scholarship.html

I know someone who qualified and her daughter is attending school for free. I will ask her later and come back with more information.

When you say you moved in the spring semester, do you mean last month? NYC in the spring/summer is like no place on earth and it puts everyone in the BEST mood so you may find your love life picking up in the next few months.

You’re a girl after my own heart with the bug thing! Please feel free to share your southern state bug research. :laugh:

I cannot deal with real winters. I suffer from SAD and hate life. How would I have gotten a man when I was so miserable? Ask yourself if where you live allows you to be the best you you can be. For me, not in cold places. I married DH before we moved to a cold place and then back to CA. I dunno if he would even have noticed me in a cold place because I was salty, bitter and miserable.

My friend lives in CA and she met her husband on vacation in Boston. They stayed in touch, had an LDR and he moved and married her. They are happy and successful

I don't have to lol. I will post it here in case someone else needs it. I'm giving you grant information that it took me over forty hours to find of research. Granted I received well over $20,000 for my efforts so I'm not complaining (I think there is a cap now from NYU :lol: and it might be because of me because I was one of the first to find the grant. The school financial aid office had to call the head of financial aid to find out if it existed . I had all the info ready and available). Now that money didn't go all go in my hands as back then they did allow it to go to tuition expenses but only if there was an unforeseen emergency. I was given money directly and money to erase previous debt for tuition. Now it is tighter, years later as they refine what it is needed for and the specifications of what they will give you the money for (and why). It is a one shot program. So that means try to get the maximum amount (or as much as you can) because you will not be able to request it again from your school. Now if you switch to another NYC school, that rules does not apply so remember that :lol:. AND if you go to a grad program, that rule does not apply as it only applies per program :look:. So remember that.

First and foremost read this in its entirety and do not skim it. I actually received the petrie grant when I was in grad school program at NYU (I am now in a Phd program but it wasn't that long ago that I was in a master's program there). Thus I know how to get this grant. It is up to you to follow my advice. Forgive any typos. I'm typing fast, late, and I'm not revising. I also raise grants for organizations and films (documentary) so I know how to make certain that you appeal to the type of grant needed. I may ramble a little, but give me a break it is 2 a.m here and I am also on heavy pain medication for my chronic condition :lol: so bear with me.

Please note to anyone reading that this grant applies to most schools (colleges) in NYC area. Note I said most. Type the words Petrie Grant and your school in google and some random link that you may never have found on your own will lead you to the grant and how to apply through your school. They have to post it, but they are not required to advertise it. The more money the school keeps, the more % of money they make off of it (this is only for private grants and the Petrie grant is one) each year so they aren't like yay! Get these grants.

With that said:
It's called the Petrie grant. Some schools will give up to 30,000 dollars to a student through it, some schools will give less depending on how much they are given from the Petrie fund and/or how many students they have (I think as your school is apart of CUNY system that's a lot of students across NY so it's a smaller fund per student). Your school gives up to $1500 dollar free and clear.

I simply typed in Petrie grant and your school name to see if something popped up via google. Think creatively and out of the box so that you can get as much as possible, and document those expenses. BUt it needs to seem like you were doing well and then X happen, and now it is an emergency situation. It can't be, It's an emergency I need money to pay for class because so does everyone. Think. I'm sure there is something else that has happened to slow you down and put you in debt. It could be that something happened with your family (for instance off the top of my head since you're probably undergrad, Parents (even if they weren't because your school will say they have expected family contribution, and even if parents don't pay that the school expects them to, and as such, you can say they didn't pay X amount this time)...so you can say, (if it's true that this coincides with things) one of your parents lost their jobs and now you have to come up with extra money for X because they can't help you. You will get on your feet and that will change because you will have time to prepare the next semester. Or you are backed up on housing and could be evicted. Please note if this is true, I have another option for you but that will only go to pay your rent directly. I sent it out for a friend. I am the master of grants. BUt that one I'd have to look up and frankly, I'm ill myself (Crohn's, etc) so I have only so much time to work on other people's grants. Anything I can do fast I'd love to but anything that takes time or I have to go and research, I can't. I'm too busy researching for extra money for my Phd program. I just won a scholarship but I want moooooreee :lol: ) At any rate, hope this helps)

Student Emergency Grant
The Brooklyn College Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund has been created for the purpose of providing quick-response emergency grants to students in good standing with short-term financial emergencies, to enable them to remain in school, rather than being forced to take a leave of absence or drop out.

Guidelines
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund was created to provide eligible students facing short-term, nonrecurring emergencies with a one-time grant to alleviate the situation. To ensure that the greatest number of students in need get assistance, recipients will receive only one grant during their tenure at Brooklyn College.

The program seeks to assist students so they can continue and complete their education at the college. Precedence will be given to first-time degree-seeking students. The maximum award is $1,500, and all grant requests will require documentation. You will meet with the emergency resource assistant to discuss the appropriate documentation for your situation.

Eligibility Requirements
Students who can demonstrate need and are facing a current unexpected emergency may apply for this grant. The applicant must:

• have a good record of conduct,
  • have paid tuition to Brooklyn College, and
  • be matriculated with a minimum GPA of 2.00 for undergraduates or 3.00 for graduate students.
Examples of Emergencies
Examples of emergencies to be considered include, but are not limited to:

• travel home for serious illness or death in the immediate family (e.g., parents and siblings)
  • homelessness due to loss of housing
  • imminent documented eviction
  • documented theft of books and other essential academic belongings
  • required uninsured medical treatment and/or follow-up
  • unanticipated loss resulting in a lack of funds to get to and from school
  • sudden loss of childcare to cover academic schedule
  • prescription eyeglasses or essential dental work
Note: Petrie grants will not be given for tuition cost, college debts, or legal representation.

The application may be picked up in the Office of Student Affairs, 2113 Boylan Hall, or by clicking the link below. Return the completed application to 2113 Boylan Hall.

HEre is the link to the Pdf fto fill out Please note there are two links:

There is a student application and an agreement form that you have to fill out to get it (again take your time and do it right so that you can get the most approved. The items listed above show examples of emergencies but they are not all so get creative if you have to but also note what they will not be given for, so do not list anything like:tuition. I warned you. You will be denied. Again you have other expenses and emergencies. The money will be given to you freely to use for your needs after you receive it. Just think of all the things you might need it for (and what applies to your situation) and make sure to put the thing that seems most like an emergency in the application).

Copy paste these into a browser and print and fill them out. They are for your school directly. Each school will have their own forms but most have the same thing. It is for an emergency. It is a one time grant to so make the most of it. I know I did. I got the maximum at my school that I could get and that was an astronomical amount before they put a cap on it. Infact, the school asked how I found it in the first place :giggle: because they didn't post it on their website, I found out about it researching grants on another site. I actually received over $20,000 and change. Part went directly in my hand, and part to my balance. It was some years ago so I don't remember the exact amount of mine, but again, my point is that I know how to write grants so I hope you really listen to some of my suggestions when going for it.

http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/web/off_dosa/Petrie_Application.pdf
http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/web/off_dosa/Petrie_Student_Agreement.pdf

Please pm me if you receive it. It is good to know when things work out for others. I like to help when I can :)

YAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This information wasn't even for me but the fact that you typed all of that out and basically hand walked OP through everything.

I would rush and finish my education before moving to Cali or out of the country.

Worse case scenario, deal with bugs in a decent southern city like Houston or something.

I don't do bugs and critters either, but I've gotten used to it. I am in North Florida though. I couldn't do Cali (I spent months in San Diego) or NY and I've spent extensive time in both. I always felt poor there though I do quite well. Lol.

Last edited:
I haven't read all of the posts, but as someone from the South, who worked up North for a while and now live in Cali, I completely understand.

I can live on either coast, but I'm partial to West Coast now.... high COL and all. But I think one problem may be the fact that you went up North in the winter. It's a whole different beast being in the North in the winter, IMO.

I lived in Baltimore (which I know is technically South) from October - February and I HATED it. And not necessarily because I hated Baltimore, but it was always so drab/ dreary in the winter. No sun, lots of rain, snow and of course cold.

In the South and SoCal, it's still sunny even if it's cold. So at least out you're freezing, it's still somewhat enjoyable. I found myself getting depressed in Baltimore and that's not my personality at all. So I made sure to stay out of the North in the winter from then on.

But in the summer, it's a different story. Perhaps if you had a full summer up North, it may have helped.

Also, I thought I'd die alone in Cali too. But I've met a wonderful guy out here and it's headed in the right direction. My friends who are out here have all found someone too... and their SO's/FH's are black. So, it's hope out here. People move here all the time.

Last edited:
I wouldnt use POF. lol even in nyc
The numbers thing works based on how much access you have to men in the city...but it doesnt change the quality. I would try a different site until it holds you over until you leave.

NY dating is great because of how many people you have access to but it is also a drawback. There are so many people to meet here that people treat dating like its a buffet. You cant focus on just one person lol

No offense OP but you need to get your school situation straightened out or decide if you even want to go. It sounds like you'e taking on a lot of expenses and that may not be the best thing long-term.

As far as weather and pace of life, maybe Miami, or DC, or somewhere in North Carolina might be good for you. Good weather, nice people, more laid back and cheaper than the city.

@L.Brown1114, you may qualify to attend Brooklyn College or any CUNY/SUNY school under the Excelsior Scholarship Program. You basically qualify if your income is less than $100,000 a year. It seems there is an application period and the site has an option to enter your email addrsss so you can be notified when it’s available for Fall 2018. Here is the site with all the information:

https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-col...arships-awards/the-excelsior-scholarship.html

I know someone who qualified and her daughter is attending school for free. I will ask her later and come back with more information.
If she just moved to NY, then she doesn't qualify.

Op the bugs aren’t that bad if you aren’t in a rural area.

I would say the same thing, and also near and on the beach, but she needs to know the truth. The truth is...Bugs.

I lived in a suburb, and had to greet the almost foot-long praying mantis that decided to live above my front door. Then say a hello to miss katydid, and wave at the giant, flappy moth that likes to fly around in the daytime--the luna moth. The inch-long velvet ants were stuck-up, though.

I would say the same thing, and also near and on the beach, but she needs to know the truth. The truth is...Bugs.

I lived in a suburb, and had to greet the almost foot-long praying mantis that decided to live above my front door. Then say a hello to miss katydid, and wave at the giant, flappy moth that likes to fly around in the daytime--the luna moth. The inch-long velvet ants were stuck-up, though.
+1000

cackerworms , lovebugs.. mosquitoes.. no see ums...cockroaches!!...ants are the least of your worries.

Edit to add : Wasps, stinkbugs, lady bugs, and (snakes - not a bug but...)

Last edited:

I guess our pest control is A1. Only thing we deal with is an occasional deer snacking on the bushes. We don’t plan to do anything to deter them other than leave the corner light on at the back.
In college it was lovebugs everywhere during the spring.

Back