February 2013..What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tension comb..needed to step my flat iron game up.
Schwarzkopf bonacure repair rescue sealed ends
Gleau oil

Was gonna invest in a new flat iron but decided I'll treat myself when I reach a length goal

IDareT'sHair I like this (Kizuri) way better than bask Beamodel Yep,gives right amount of moisture & easily applied on wet or dry hair..The smell is divine,great texture too..Looks like cake frosting.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Beamodel Lita

Honestly Girls (and I kid you not) every time I was getting ready to hit PayNah on some b.a.s.k. I'd read another 'negative' review. :perplexed

It was almost like, for every 1 person out there that liked it at least 2 people hated it. :rolleyes:

I think from my 'following' it, the only product that seemed consistent in the "Likes" category was the YAM. And IMO it's just too pricey.:nono:

The body products get pretty decent reviews, but I'm not interested in those. So, I won't be buying b.a.s.k.

Beamodel Lita

Honestly Girls (and I kid you not) every time I was getting ready to hit PayNah on some b.a.s.k. I'd read another 'negative' review. :perplexed

It was almost like, for every 1 person out there that liked it at least 2 people hated it. :rolleyes:

I think from my 'following' it, the only product that seemed consistent in the "Likes" category was the YAM. And IMO it's just too pricey.:nono:

The body products get pretty decent reviews, but I'm not interested in those. So, I won't be buying b.a.s.k.

IDareT'sHair
You did right by holding out. I do like the YAM haven't used it in a while but it's pretty much just honey. And I did like the sevenfold butter. The rest is meh to me.

Beamodel Lita

IDareT'sHair She makes very good body products..I love her moisturizer,my Mom too.
Butter wasn't bad..Leave-in works better as a pre..Yam,your hair better be soak & wet to apply.BASK chocolate Dc,worked sometime & other times it didn't work for me..For the price,I couldn't have that a iffy product.

Happy Hair Growing!

@Beamodel Lita

Exactly.:yep: Those were the 2-3 I was interested in:

Sevenfold Butter
YAM
Tapicoa stuff
Honey Latte Detangler (or whatever its called)

Each time I was getting ready to buy, some one would STOP me and say, there were similar/better things out there cheaper. SMH:blush:....:lol:

@Lita @Beamodel

I just went back and re-read my post. :look:

"Hated" was too strong of a word.

What I should have said was for every 1 person that liked it, 2 people said it was either just "okay/meh" or...that there were better/similar things cheaper.

@Beamodel Lita

Exactly.:yep: Those were the 2-3 I was interested in:

Sevenfold Butter
YAM
Tapicoa stuff
Honey Latte Detangler (or whatever its called)

Each time I was getting ready to buy, some one would STOP me and say, there were similar/better things out there cheaper. SMH:blush:....:lol:

IDareT'sHair & Beamodel The Tapicoa works well as a lite conditioner,very wet cream texture,that's not why I brought it,but that's how it worked..lol..Smells DELISH..I have a little left once it's finished,will not repurchase.

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair & Beamodel The Tapicoa works well as a lite conditioner,very wet cream texture,that's not why I brought it,but that's how it worked..lol..Smells DELISH..I have a little left once it's finished,will not repurchase.

Happy Hair Growing!

Yea, I have moved past BASK now. I think I will only try the body products like IDareT'sHair mentioned. Her hair items for the most part dont seem to work too well for my hair. :nono:

Lita Beamodel

I was on ETSY last night and there are some new Up & Comers i(Black Vendors) in the Hair Care Section that looked promising.

I will hafta' go back spend some time & post their links in that one thread.

Lita Beamodel

I was on ETSY last night and there are some new Up & Comers i(Black Vendors) in the Hair Care Section that looked promising.

I will hafta' go back spend some time & post their links in that one thread.

IDareT'sHair Lol..We must be mind twins..I was on etsy last night too..Looking..I booked mark some,so I can go back and check prices/ingredients.

Happy Hair Growing!

From Walgreen's:

SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie
SM Organic Coconut/Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
Ology Moisturizing Condtioner

Lita
It's all ur fault!!! Heck, let me throw u in here too IDareT'sHair lol

I purchased Cream & Coco
CocoMallow Cowash Bar
Raspberry Ganache Deep Conditioner Truffles

I am done!!! XX fingers crossed...

The only think I can imagine is that it is the mineral oil causing problems becAuse i cant imagine that it is the olive or amandel oil causing the problems.

Beamodel

Hmp.:look: Not me!:blush: Never purchased from there.

Lemme grab some Popcorn & wait for your CS issues.:lol:

IDareT'sHair
I just blamed u too bc u my pnc on buying hair products, lol. But girl I just washed and deep conditioned with JessieCurl CT. I used Elucence as my leave in and my hair is disgustingly SOFT!!! Sealed with Avosoya oil.

I will never use Knot sauce as a co wash/rinse out again. I didn't feel the benefit of it that way. I like it better as a moisturizer/leave in.

ETA: lol at the customer service issues. I can be as prim and proper but I can also act ignant behind my stuff. Hopefully she ships it out within a reasonable amount of time. Fingers crossed xx

Beamodel

We are Partners In Crime

IDareT'sHair
Lol, yup!!! I try to stop but I'm addicted. I buy stuff and all my friends come over to play beauty salon. Wonna use my therapy wrap, steamer, hair dryer, bonnet and all my conditioners and leave in. Then the heffers want me to do their hair after all that too, lol. Like I'm a stylist or something. They want braids and others styles done.

Last edited:
@Beamodel

My neice came from out of town this weekend to give me a T/U and I sent her back home with some thangs.

And when my other little neice comes to spend the night (9 years old) she is like:lick:

She always wants to take something home for her hair.:look:

IDareT'sHair

I think our friends and family count on us to buy the good stuff. They lurk and wait for us to pack a box for them, lol. It's cool! I don't mind though

Beamodel

That's what my Niece kept saying: "you buy the good stuff" :lol:

She liked using the Mizani BB Butter Shield and she liked the Affirm 5n1 after Relaxing & before Neutralizing.:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back