Favor of the Lord/my neglect covered/blessing of the tither!

PaperClip

Happy Friday!

Just wanted to share how the Lord gave me favor this week/today.

I had checked out some library books for school. I have faculty library privileges at my alma mater which is cool because that means I get to keep the books longer and renew them. I had 18 books checked out. I thought I had been careful about renewing the books. I thought I had a $6 overdue charge for one book and I was well prepared to take care of that this week. I go to the campus thinking I only had to pay $6 so I could check out another book. When the person pulled up my account, he said real quick "I can't help you here". Turns out, due to overdue charges and replacement fees, the total came to $1,068!!!!!! :blush::blush::blush:Huh! :blush::blush::blush::blush:Whoosaaaaaa!!!!

So I was given the name and number of the circulation manager at the main library to see what could be worked out. I called and explained that I didn't realize that these books were overdue since MAY (and this is July, y'all!) and that I could return the books to main campus right away. I ended up having to wait until Monday of this week, which I quickly did. There was a concern because again, the account was not only overdue charges, but because the library got no response from me concerning the overdue notices, it was assumed that the books were lost and I was billed to replace the books.

When I got to main campus, the circulation manager very graciously checked in all the books I had, which reduced the fee amount to $101. There was still one book out, which I didn't think I had. After two days of investigation, I found the book at MY PLACE! (Aarrggghhh!) So I called the circulation manager and arranged to return that book, which was this morning.

When I got there, she checked in the book, which brought the total to $36. Then she said "Well, since you've been such a good sport, I'll waive $30 and so you'll just have to pay $6." Look at the Lord! Right where I started! I gladly took (out of my GAS MONEY) and paid the $6.

I checked out four books this morning.... The return due date is Sept. 5. Trust, they will be returned or renewed without neglect!!

Hope this helps somebody today!

Peace and love....

Back