Family Relations

prettypuff1

So i have a man.. and he is really good.. One of the best things that i have had happen to me. Very kind loving affectionate, treats me like a goddess ( all packages carried, doors opened, meals paid for, gives me EVERYTHING I NEED). Great right? There is one thing. He is arabic and i am not. It doesnt bother us, but i am a little afraid of how his family will react. I know that mine is cool with it, but i dont know how they will like that in am not muslim palestinian... The religion isnt an issue for me, i have admired muslim from a far for a while now, but i can;t change my race. I really like this guy but i dont want family differences/cultural differences to ruin something that i have never felt and that is sooooo right. Has anyone else been here? How did you handle it?

my first major crush was on muslim guy. Damn he was fine! we never dated. i talked to him mom on the phone once and she sounded very nice. I think you should meet them first and then decide what to do after that. they might love you and not ask you to convert to islam. At least try.

So i have a man.. and he is really good.. One of the best things that i have had happen to me. Very kind loving affectionate, treats me like a goddess ( all packages carried, doors opened, meals paid for, gives me EVERYTHING I NEED). Great right? There is one thing. He is arabic and i am not. It doesnt bother us, but i am a little afraid of how his family will react. I know that mine is cool with it, but i dont know how they will like that in am not muslim palestinian... The religion isnt an issue for me, i have admired muslim from a far for a while now, but i can;t change my race. I really like this guy but i dont want family differences/cultural differences to ruin something that i have never felt and that is sooooo right. Has anyone else been here? How did you handle it?

My experience with Islamic families is they tend to be open about race if you are Muslim. If you don't want to be Muslim, or don't wanna have Islamic children, my advice would be to let the relationship go. People don't realize how important religion or lack of it thereof is until they have kids. Plus, Islam is a huge commitment. It is a rigorous faith and you need to do some serious hwk before you take the plunge. Good luck.

Back