Fall 2016: On-hold, Wish List, And Not-just-yet Hair Care Purchases

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, ladies.

Waiting for word of a sale on a particular brand/line/item? Waiting for something to be restocked? Currently on a no-buy? Researching and mentally collecting items (that folks keep recommending and that sound so good)?

What's in your figurative or online cart that is on hold, is a wish list item, is not yet available, or is an item you're simply not ready to purchase just yet but likely will at some point?

I'm on a no-buy, so I can wait, but I have yet to find my holy grail moisturizing deep conditioner.

Naptural85 made the Amika Rx mask sound so good.

I have a feeling one of my passes will be used to trial it.

ETA: In a couple of weeks I get to order my standing steamer. I really hopes this makes a big difference in my regimen.

AETA (also edited to add): I keep forgetting about the DCs that other hipo ladies suggested to me: Silicon Mix, Bee Mine DC, etc. I copied the thread into my hair journal and put those on my wish list.

Last edited:
I think I'm finally to a point where I will only purchase items on BF. And truth be told I can skip a good 3 or 4 and still be straight. I really want to eventually get to a point where I only have a year's worth of products on hand.

My Wishlist:
  • CJ Repair Me
  • NG Deep Conditioners
  • Olaplex
  • Komaza Recontructer & Analysis
  • Uncurly Keratin Treatment
Finding out my hair really likes protein and I have less of that than any other group of products. This BF I'll probably hit up CJ and Komaza maybe one more with a 40% off or more sale.

I just finished reading this moisturizing DC thread.

I have GOT to find a moisturizing DC. I'm going to have to use a pass. It looks like good "gambles" include:

Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque (LHCF hair-twin rec'd)
Silk Elements DC
Silicon Mix (original)
Bee Mine's DC
Kenra's MC
Neutrogena's Triple Moisture
Alter Ego Energizing Conditioner
Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle

There are others. Mm, decisions, decisions!

Last edited:

I have GOT to find a moisturizing DC. I'm going to have to use a pass. It looks like good "gambles" include:

Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque (LHCF hair-twin rec'd)
Silk Elements DC
Silicon Mix (original)
Bee Mine's DC
Kenra's MC

Bee Mine is great but....you don't like NaturelleGrow's marshmallow root DC? I think I love both the same.

Bee Mine is great but....you don't like NaturelleGrow's marshmallow root DC? I think I love both the same.

I have heard that BeeMine is great. Thanks for the confirmation.

I looooooooove that NATURELLEGROW DC. But it's weird for me: It detangles like MAGIC. I have tried moisturizing with it in many ways, but once I rinse it out, my hair feels dry again. I don't know what it is. Everyone else reviews it as uber moisturizing for them.

After this no-buy is over, I'm going to purchase about 5 jars of it: I don't ever want to detangle without it. Like . . . ever. :smile:

Last edited:
I have heard that BeeMine is great. Thanks for the confirmation.

I looooooooove that NATURELLEGROW DC. But it's weird for me: It detangles like MAGIC. I have tried moisturizing with it in many ways, but once I rinse it out, my hair feels dry again. I don't know what it is. Everyone else reviews it as uber moisturizing for them.

After this no-buy is over, I'm going to purchase about 5 jars of it: I don't ever want to detangle without it. Like . . . ever. :smile:

Since your HiPo, do you think that's the issue?

I have a few things in my wish lists that I'm interested in trying, like Jakeala, more 4 Bella Naturale and Terrenefusions products on Etsy. I want to try something from the DevaCurl and DevaCare Conditioners and No Poo line with a good sale of course. This stuff is expensive!

I want to try some RUSK products as well, especiallythe Deep Smooth Keratin Conditioner and the heat protectant products in this line. I hear good things about the RUSK Super Freak Flat Iron and Blow Dryer as well.

I'm sure there are others, but I'm too tired to think about them right now.

For appliances I'm really interested in getting a steam straightener.

Products:
Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner
KeraCare Leave-in
KeraCare Oil Moisturizer w/ Jojoba
Design Essentials Natural Twist and Set Setting Lotion

Maybe :
As I am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner - Im still debating on this one, because I dont know if I'm down for cowashing. I guess if i decide to wear my hair out often when its longer..
If i'm ever about that wash n go life, i'll try out : Deva Curl Light Defining Gel, Kinky Curly Curl Custard Gel, or maybe a gel from Camille Rose or As I Am. I already gave away my eco styler and still need to work through my gorilla snot and aunt jackie flax gel. Finding a staple gel is tough..

Silk Elements DC
Silicon Mix (original)
Bee Mine's DC
Kenra's MC

Silicon Mix was really good to me. It was one of the DCs I used regularly this year and my hairs retention/moisture level was on point.

For appliances I'm really interested in getting a steam straightener.

Products:
Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner
KeraCare Leave-in
KeraCare Oil Moisturizer w/ Jojoba
Design Essentials Natural Twist and Set Setting Lotion

Maybe :
As I am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner - Im still debating on this one, because I dont know if I'm down for cowashing. I guess if i decide to wear my hair out often when its longer..
If i'm ever about that wash n go life, i'll try out : Deva Curl Light Defining Gel, Kinky Curly Curl Custard Gel, or maybe a gel from Camille Rose or As I Am. I already gave away my eco styler and still need to work through my gorilla snot and aunt jackie flax gel. Finding a staple gel is tough..

I'm starting to think cowashing is also not for me. I like the idea of it, but not the actuality of it. I :love: my sudsy shampoos so much it's hard to give them up :eek:.

I'm starting to think cowashing is also not for me. I like the idea of it, but not the actuality of it I :love: my sudsy shampoos so much it's hard to give them up :eek:.

I hear you! I love my Shea Moisture Shampoo and all its sudsyness ahah. I tried cowashing once and my scalp was sooooo itchy the whole day. Im only going to test it out again when I get to MBL, so it wont be near my scalp.

The only product that actually defines my curls is DevaCurl Decadence One Condition. It's a r/o conditioner that my stylist used as a LI, so I've been leaving it in, too.

However, I am REALLY curious as to whether I can find a DevaCurl styler that defines my curls. So far I do like the DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel for Hold. If I leave One Condition and jojoba oil beneath it, I get get moisture and hold.

The 4a reviews for the product Beautiful Mess make me want to trial this product: http://www.devacurl.com/beautiful-mess.html

I have tried so, so many things that I'm just in the revisiting stage. But, the only thing I want to revisit and I'll get on BF (other than Annabelle's) is Darcy's Pumpkinseed conditioner.

I also want to get some loaves of CCs Naturals soaps.
Um, lemme add Siamese Twists (Olive and Bhringraj Cream, Sweet Potatoe Cream) and a Shea Amla Hemp Castor Parfait from Jakeala (I've tried it before and it worked great on my ends).

Okay my list just dwindled a bit to just the Deva Curl No Poo and One Conditioner, Jakeala dope, honey hair thang, and beau vert conditioners, that feminine soap and parfait @NaturallyATLPCH keeps talking about.

The Rusk flat iron and blow dryer can wait until my current tools give up the ghost.

There's a hair product called "dope?" :look:

Back