Extend-A-Perm by Soft and Beautiful

CORBINS

I bought the new issue of Sophisicate's Black Hair and in there is an advertisement for a new product to help stretch out relaxers. Has anyone seen it in stores yet? It says it's also supposed to help reduce breakage, and I know we all have that problem around 6-9 weeks!

Great I was waiting for someone to post about this stuff. Actually I just bought it last week and used it on Sat. The extend-a-perm kit is great for making your hair is more managable after weeks of not having a touchup. When I used it my hair, it became soft ,tangle-free ,and there was some major slippage (added bonus)! I was amazed. My new growth was not as curly and blended in more evenly with my relaxed hair. I had used the samples before but buying the full size kit was well worth my money.

Last edited:
I got these info from the internet. This product sounds very good, hopefully I'll be able to find it in my area.

Thanks for the info.

First, the Softening Shampoo loosens the curl pattern with siliconized moisturizers that separate and clean the hair.

Next, the Detangling Conditioner provides extra moisture to nourish and strengthen the hair as it softens and detangles.

Lastly, the heat activated Thermal Straightening Lotion locks in moisture to create a layer of thermal protection as it straightens.

Use Soft & Beautiful Extend-A-Perm, following any chemical relaxer application, to soften and manage new growth as it appears.

Use up to five days before chemically relaxing.
Softening Shampoo:Cleanses gently,Softens curl pattern,Seals cuticle
Detangling Conditioner: Detangles as it softens,Provides intensive moisture, Strengthens from root to tip

Thermal Straightening Lotion:
Straightens,Adds a layer to thermal protection,Locks in moisture,

Instructions
Results will vary. Read directions carefully.

Ingredients
Water Aqua , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate , Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate , PEG-30 Glyceryl Cocoate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Hydrolyzed Silk , Cocotrimonium Chloride , Glycol Distearate , Sodium C14-17 Alkyl Sec Sulfonate , Propylene Glycol , PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Poluquaternium-10 , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Diazolidinyl Urea , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methyl Propional , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool , Fragrance Parfum , Red 40 CI 16035 , Water Aqua , Mineral Oil Paraffinum Liquidum , Polyquaternium-32 , Glycerin , Quaternium-80 , Dimethicone Copolyol Isostearate , Dimethicone , Panthenol , DMDM Hydantoin , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methyl Propional , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene , Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool , Fragrance , Parfum , Water Aqua , Cetrimonium Chloride , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Propylene Glycol , Polysorbate 80 , Disodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Diazolidinyl Urea , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methyl Propional , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene , Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool , Fragrance Parfum

This is too wild! I just got back from Target not an hour ago and bought this. I just logged on and this was the most recent thread! It must be Providence! (clouds opening with the sun shining through and the chorus of sopranos hitting the high note---ahhhhhhhhhh) :thumbsup:

A co-worker of mine uses it. I had mentioned to her about streching relaxers a while ago. She relaxes or colors her hair every 2-3 weeks. Everytime she relaxes she gets a trim then questions why she doesn't see any growth. anywhooooooo.... She tried it (about 3 weeks after she got her relaxer) she said she liked it but you can't really go by her considering that she didn't have any real new growth. Oh well.

MeccaMedinah said:
Will this stuff change my natural hair for good?

I doubt it, its not a chemical. I'm pretty sure once you wash your hair again after using it, your hair will be back to its regular state. Sounds like it just has a lot of softening agents in it.

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I doubt it, its not a chemical. I'm pretty sure once you wash your hair again after using it, your hair will be back to its regular state. Sounds like it just has a lot of softening agents in it.

I hope so. I am not familiar with all of those ingredients now that I've been transitioning. But I'd like to loosen the kinks a bit. I will definitely try this.

Wow! I didn't know anyone even heard of this stuff! Thanks for the replys! I think I might use it on my texturized hair. I experience a lot of breakage around 6 weeks and I'd like to go about 10 weeks before touching up. I think I'm gonna try to find this stuff!

This may sound silly but is this stuff safe.................I mean it isn't like the Rio stuff that everyone was raving about 8 years ago?

MAHOGNEY329 said:
This may sound silly but is this stuff safe.................I mean it isn't like the Rio stuff that everyone was raving about 8 years ago?

No, this is just a regular shampoo, con, and thermal protection spray.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS VP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY THAT OUT THIS EVENING AND SAVE THE $$$$$$$ I was going to spend at the beauty shop for some christmas shopping:0).

Hello! I had to post a reply once I saw this thread, because I just used it the other night. I would say my hair is 4a and it has about 2-3 inches of new growth, because I can't decide whether or not to texturize it again (hopefully the right way) or go natural again. Alrighty, so there are 3 products given which are the 1) Softening Shampoo, 2) Detangling Conditoner, & the 3) Leave-in Thermal Straightening Lotion.

Overall, I didn't see a change in terms of curl "looseness" (is that a word?), but it did make my hair very soft, especially after using the shampoo, because my hair did not have that stripped feeling. The straightening lotion is supposed to be heat activated, but I didn't really see a difference after I had blow-dried between that and my regular use of some sort of moisturizer or blow-dry cream. So, I probably won't buy it again....I don't think its worth it, but maybe I just have way to much new growth...so it could possibly work on someone else who's just going an extra couple weeks. Anyhoo, that's my review!

I had to bump this thread. I just saw this at the BSS and was interested in trying it. Has anybody else tried this?

You really did dig this thread up. I almost posted and said this is not new...until I saw the dates on the posts.

I used this a few years ago and it was ok. It did not do anything special, it was just like "regular shampoo" for me. I think it came in small bottles too, so it was not work paying for. I never repurchased it.

Did they change the formula, or re-release the product? I had not noticed it on shelves recently.

I thought there was a post about this stuff a few months ago. I thought people didn't like it, which is why I didn't buy it. I wonder will it actually help your hair appear to be straighter. I think it's more as a moisturizer or (fake moisturizer) because of the cones rather than straightner

I used it, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Actually, I still have the shampoo. It straightened my roots, but it was the same effect of a flat-iron. You blow dry your roots so you will have direct heat. It made the rest of my hair sticky. So yes, it works for the roots, but it's nasty on the rest of the head

Back