Experiences Dating A Cop?

Have you ever dated a cop?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Does anyone have any first hand information on how it's like dating an police office/cop?

Especially one that works in a highly populated metropolitan area?

What was your experiences?

Those who had, would you do it again?

I dated a NYC police officer (detective) back in the day. It didn't last long because some of the things he told me he and his cohorts did affected my soul. I realized that although we, the public, hold POs to a higher standard, they are just human and VERY fallible. They are no different than any of us. I don't think I'd date another one.

ETA: Forgot to add the most important thing. My baby aunt (mother's youngest sister) was killed by her PO husband in a murder/suicide. There is a lot of history to their story, but the bottom line is he was a PO.

Does anyone have any first hand information on how it's like dating an police office/cop?

Especially one that works in a highly populated metropolitan area?

What was your experiences?

Those who had, would you do it again?

Last edited:
No. I wouldn't.. I would rather date a Marine.
I know you are gonna get a lot of people telling you that they haven't, and not get the experience talk that you were looking for, but there maybe a reason for that.
But I do know for a fact that they are very intrusive. It's the same with dating someone you met that works at the bank you bank at. They are gonna be in all of your business.
And cops are gang bangers to me.

He was a sicko. Walked around the house wearing his gun. Never hit me because my parents are crazy too and he knew better but his ex told me that he beat her up regularly.
He was always asking me too many damn questions... like he was investigating my friends and family. He wanted to know everything! Was stalking his ex online and broke all of the windows in her car when they broke up. I'm pretty sure his life will end in some sort of murder suicide tragedy. I could go on but I wont.

But an associates husband is also a cop in NYC and he seems lovely :laugh:

No, I would not do it again.

Ive never dated one but what made me personally never want to date one was when I worked during my college years at a call center making reservations for the Marriott hotel chain. Id get about 2 calls a month for reservations from terrified women that were running away, hiding, with their kids from their cop husbands/boyfriends. Being abused in all kinds of ways and not being able to turn to the police because its all one big boys club. They're not gonna arrest another cop for abuse. That opened my eyes big time.

Eta: Basically, conversation would be like:

"My boyfriend/husbands a cop. If he comes to the hotel looking for me, you cant legally tell him Im here right?"

I did very very briefly and would never do it again. I'm not even sure if I can officially call it dating so much as getting to know one another. He was over protective and would say he didnt want me out late at night or didnt want me going to a certain area because the neighborhood was bad. He tried to dictate everything I couldnt do and when I explained I was no longer interested because we didnt have the same outlook on life, he spent hours trying to explain why I was the perfect girl for him. Maybe I was dating a narcissist.... but I would never date a cop again.

One word.....RUN. Never dated one but he decided that he was going to date me even after I said no. If fact he told me what I said did not matter.
He bothered me so much I had to send some people to see him.
Did not hear a peep out of him after that visit.

Dang @Thump... you gangsta!!!

On another note, RUN Forest RUN... I work with a police agency. Do not date a cop!

Dang @Thump... you gangsta!!!

On another note, RUN Forest RUN... I work with a police agency. Do not date a cop!

Sis, every woman needs a goon squad on deck. :lachen:
The males in my life do not play when it comes to me. Even my ex's, if I called them today and needed help would drop everything to come to my aid. They would do the same for my daughter just on the strength that she belongs to me and she has never met any of them.

DMV - Shortest Dating experience ever.. :lachen:
Met for dinner, on my drive back home, had a friend do a background check, and found out he was being indicted for theft ring credit cards/property from dead bodies at accident scenes etc..
Get a background check cop or not or RUN!:auto:

He has a military background before becoming an officer.

Does that make a difference?
Girl run! That will tell you a lot. He doesn't do well with civilian life, or he didn't have a good career plan/job in the military. He still needs to carry a gun and badge to feel above others.

Folks that drive tanks, involved in infantry, jumping out of planes, experienced in combat are looking for action, or like I said, didn't think about the future.

Sorry, not trying to butt in but I've heard stories. RUN. Unless you know for sure about this person and have known his family and him for a long time and no red flags... Plus, many cops are divorced. And if you married one, the stress would be awful wondering if they would make it home. My relative's friend is a cop, recently married and new baby...has been shot at and in danger several times since becoming a sheriff. He just got out of college, basically. Nope, nein, לא, non!

Last edited:
I know several cops & my brother is one, he's the most level headed, sweetest dude. The job is making him a little jaded though so I can see how they can go crazy.

All the cops I know are top notch people except for one....he's crazier than a outhouse fly :nono:

I also know some great cops and have some in my family. They will even tell you never to date one. Dead @ outhouse fly :lachen:

Girl run! That will tell you a lot. He doesn't do well with civilian life, or he didn't have a good career plan/job in the military. He still needs to carry a gun and badge to feel above others.

Folks that drive tanks, involved in infantry, jumping out of planes, experienced in combat are looking for action, or like I said, didn't think about the future.
He said college didn't work for him, so he enlisted in the Army for a few years. He said he was aircraft mechanic before he left, then became a cop so...

I dated one (LAPD) and would never do it again. He was controlling and possessive. I couldn't even check my phone to see if I had any messages or notifications without him giving me an evil look. I also believed he did a background check on me. In the beginning stage, I think it was our 3rd date, he said that he knew everything about me. That freaked me out.
And like what another poster stated, he was narcissistic...he just knew he was privileged. He treated me like I owed him something.
On the positive side, I always felt protected when I was with him and the bedroom activities was amazing.

No. I wouldn't.. I would rather date a Marine.
I know you are gonna get a lot of people telling you that they haven't, and not get the experience talk that you were looking for, but there maybe a reason for that.
But I do know for a fact that they are very intrusive. It's the same with dating someone you met that works at the bank you bank at. They are gonna be in all of your business.
And cops are gang bangers to me.

This right here... especially here in L.A.

It always reminds me of the scene in Deep Cover where the guy tells Laurence Fishburne's character that criminals and cops score damn near the same on those psych tests they make them take... I believe that....

I'll never date a cop or a firefighter :laugh: Firefighters are heaux, my Daddy is a retired chief & he was always telling us his foine young Lt's & drivers were off limits, they gets it in at the fire house.

i can see why firefighters would be heauxs - it's such a sexy profession to me :look:
the guy in the firefighter outfit doesnt even have to be cute and I'm still like :drool:
I dont know why it is so attractive to me :rofl:

Back