EXCITED NEW MEMBER

Peachtree

Hello all,
I'm happy to be among such a knowledgeable group. I have plenty of questions, but before I post any, I want to finish "doing my homework" by reading as many posts as I can.

Just a little info on me...I am relaxed, 4b, thick, 3 inches from bra strap length (horizontal strap in back). My goal is waist length. In high school and throughout college, I was about 3 inches above waist length, but found it very difficult to properly take care of it (due to lack of knowledge), so I chopped it all off (into a Halle Berry style). As it grew back, I kept it at shoulder length for about 5 yrs.

Now, I want the full length back again! I'm sure I can achieve it...my biggest obtacle is keeping my hair nourished (MOP = moisturized, oiled, protected)...I GET KINDA LAZY! Ok enough with my boring background.

I hope that I am welcomed here; I sure like what I see so far. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Peachtree,

Welcome girl! Did you say you want to grow your hair back?
Well my dear, you came to the right place. I'm going to let you finish your "homework"!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Look forward to chatting with you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the Board! I think you will like all of the friendly ladies here. I like the MOP thing - it is a good way to remember basic hair care. Now I can remember to "MOP" my hair every day. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome Peachtree! You'll find great info here. I also like your term 'MOP'. Maybe we should have a section for 'slang' and terms we use frequently such as twa(teeny weeny afro)and acv(apple cider vinegar) to refer back to.

<font color="purple"> You'll learn so much here as well as have some great hair role models and people to keep you motivated and inspired. I know that I do!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

THANK YOU LADIES!

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. I feel so special /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm going to try to post a picture (I have to take one first!)...when I do, I'll let you ladies know of it.

Now, back to my "homework"...

Welcome to the board Peachtree!

Don't sell yourself short. If your hair was near waist length during your school days, you had to be doing something right.

Back