Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

@Je Ne Sais Quoi, Gorgeous Lady Gorgeous!
Honestly, I think unmade is even more beautiful, you get to see the real, real. Complexion makes a heck of a difference. Makeup can sometimes hide the natural beauty! Don't get me wrong now, Ima a "Maybelline Queen" (Figuratively) myself. But some days I like the Au Natural, It can be refreshing! :yep:

Your hair looks fab, and you say you chopped two months ago. Wowzers! How low did you go? Oh, and what kind of moisturizer are you using?
Thanks Chica!! To moisturized I usually use my mix of wen, hot six oil and water:). I'm not sure how low I went but here is my chop originally:

a3876df8.jpg

d0d7f565.jpg

Thanks Chica!! To moisturized I usually use my mix of wen, hot six oil and water:). I'm not sure how low I went but here is my chop originally:

a3876df8.jpg

Je Ne Sais Quoi,

Wooo wait a minuteee, You got amazing growth for a couple months! Can you see the difference? Man I wish. Ima slow grower and I drool when I see growth like that. No matter what I do, my hair still seems to grown at the same alarming rate. Have you been doing anything special. Come on spill it, share and share alike! I want me some hair like that! :yep:

Je Ne Sais Quoi,

Wooo wait a minuteee, You got amazing growth for a couple months! Can you see the difference? Man I wish. Ima slow grower and I drool when I see growth like that. No matter what I do, my hair still seems to grown at the same alarming rate. Have you been doing anything special. Come on spill it, share and share alike! I want me some hair like that! :yep:

Lord knows I love me some Leesh. You are so funny lol. I promise I'm not doing anything magical. I cowash maybe 2-4 times a week typically. I have not used any heat in maybe five months. I wear twist outs most of the time. I think that's it. Since the chop I think I've gotten about an inch to an inch and a half of growth in certain areas. I think the no heat and cowashing is the key!! And of course low manipulation

Lord knows I love me some @Leesh. You are so funny lol. I promise I'm not doing anything magical. I cowash maybe 2-4 times a week typically. I have not used any heat in maybe five months. I wear twist outs most of the time. I think that's it. Since the chop I think I've gotten about an inch to an inch and a half of growth in certain areas. I think the no heat and cowashing is the key!! And of course low manipulation

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Yup, Yup, Yup I agree! I think that "H2O" is the magic potion. Forreal tho, Water is great from the inside out, so I'm sure it has to be as useful for the outside as well! That's one thing that I haven't done that often was co-wash. Once the weather breaks for the Spring, I think Ima have to indulge. You got an inch to an inch and a half in some spots, in 2 freakin' months, Boy that's what I'm talkin' bout. Chile can ya say, .33 a month, yeah you heard it right. That's my rate, 1 inch every 3 mths, 4 a year! Now that's just friggin ridiculous, I'm ashamed to say it out loud, done put my arse to shame. I kinda think that's what the Growth Aids and Vitamins do, they help you reach your optimal rate, if there's a reason it's not already there. I guess Ima have to jump back on somebodies bandwagon. Ima need at least a 1/2" a month, at least. And I ain't takin' no for a answer!!! :grin:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Yup, Yup, Yup I agree! I think that "H2O" is the magic potion. Forreal tho, Water is great from the inside out, so I'm sure it has to be as useful for the outside as well! That's one thing that I haven't done that often was co-wash. Once the weather breaks for the Spring, I think Ima have to indulge. You got an inch to an inch and a half in some spots, in 2 freakin' months, Boy that's what I'm talkin' bout. Chile can ya say, .33 a month, yeah you heard it right. That's my rate, 1 inch every 3 mths, 4 a year! Now that's just friggin ridiculous, I'm ashamed to say it out loud, done put my arse to shame. I kinda think that's what the Growth Aids and Vitamins do, they help you reach your optimal rate, if there's a reason it's not already there. I guess Ima have to jump back on somebodies bandwagon. Ima need at least a 1/2" a month, at least. And I ain't takin' no for a answer!!! :grin:
Get that growth girl!!!! Definitely give cowashing a try

Yesterday's frizzy/curly bun made from my many days-old Crisco 'n go.
Don't worry, ladies - I'm a SAHM and only my family is subjected to my messy hair :lol: The Quecraft Horn Fork almost gets lost in it:

picture.php

Today's light blow-out with good ole Crisco and IC Fantasia:

picture.php

Now that it's blown out, I can try some different (and neater) bun styles for the next few days.

Extra wide and long curl formers . I used water(soaking wet set), Paul Mitchell leave in and WG pomade(homemade). I did not use setting lotion because this is turning ***** braids under a wig for the week:). I just wanted something cute for the weekend. I am 4b/4a Bkt natural. I think I am letting my Bkt hair grow out. The only difference I have noticed is my Bkt hair is slicker when wet and I am getting more hair lazy.
48b14ecc-a6a2-a500.jpg
48b14ecc-a643-6fa0.jpg
48b14ecc-a65c-58e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

sipp100..do you put the crisco on wet hair then blow? or blow dry then put the crisco?

keelioness

I section hair into 6 parts, mix a pea-sized amount of Crisco and the same amount of Fantasia Protectant in my hands and apply to wet hair. Then I let it air-dry for 30 minutes or so before I blow dry it on low/medium. I use the wide-tooth comb attachment first, then use the fine-tooth comb attachment through each part after it's dry. I never, ever blowdry straight from the shower because I'd have to use high heat. HTH

Pokahontas
:drool:
YOUR HAIR IS SICK!!!! What did you like about it? I think it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

crlsweetie912 Thanks so much girl, that means a lot. I don't know why but I just did not like it. I'm super picky with my hair and I'm hardly ever happy with the styles I try. I'm really in a style rut lately. The curls from this set just would not stay separated and big like I wanted. I would go and separate and fluff to make it big and full and hours later the curls would morph back into the big sausage Shirley Temple curls lol

Yesterday's frizzy/curly bun made from my many days-old Crisco 'n go.
Don't worry, ladies - I'm a SAHM and only my family is subjected to my messy hair :lol: The Quecraft Horn Fork almost gets lost in it:

picture.php
you know what? i think this looks absolutely lovely.
i like slicked down hair sometimes but sometimes a little frizz just looks charming and carefree. it's really cute.
your blowdried hair looks great too, btw.

This is workout hair. braidout bun pinned up. Kinda boring but oh well

Attachments

• 120115-163323.jpg
    120115-163323.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 104
I'm loving my hair so much! Wore my hair down in a braidout. Will need to find some protective styles I can do so my hair won't dry out. It feels so soft!
I hope the pictures can show you all the texture the braid out gives. I love the crimped curls that braids make.

Last edited:
y'all are doing some hurr in here today!
*stages an Occupy movement inside NappyNelle 's apartment until she agrees to twist my hair* :look:

i had a boring old wet bun on saturday for church.
024-vi.jpg

then i did a flexirod set saturday night. more pics in my album or the rollersetting thread.
084-vi.jpg

y'all are doing some hurr in here today!
*stages an Occupy movement inside NappyNelle 's apartment until she agrees to twist my hair* :look:

i had a boring old wet bun on saturday for church.
024-vi.jpg

then i did a flexirod set saturday night. more pics in my album or the rollersetting thread.
084-vi.jpg

:spank: there is nothing boring about that bun. All lush and thick with the waves rocking!!

My bestie came over on Sunday! It was my wash day, and she did my hair :grin: She is currently transitioning. We met when we moved onto dorm our first day of university 8 years ago. And we've been besties ever since.

IMG_1849-Copy.jpg

IMG_1850-Copy.jpg

IMG_1846-Copy.jpg

This one is my fave!
IMG_1855-Copy.jpg

Back