Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

braided up my hair for the summer! I'm working on an ebook about maintaining mini braids because they are my go-to style and a must for my very fine and highly porous hair.

here are the mini braids (no extensions) in a bun:

tumblr_m4tji55iHB1qd40smo1_500.png

manter26 said:
braided up my hair for the summer! I'm working on an ebook about maintaining mini braids because they are my go-to style and a must for my very fine and highly porous hair.

How long did this take manter26 the parts are so nice and neat! Mini braids is tangle city for me i think. I had them once and the take down was horrible.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Wow, that's amazing. Love it!

How long did this take manter26 the parts are so nice and neat! Mini braids is tangle city for me i think. I had them once and the take down was horrible.

I don't know honestly. I was pretty lazy this time around because I know I'm not going out out (graduation shindig) until the 2nd. I always work in 6 sections. I think I skipped days and only did one or 2 rows some days. I have no idea what the cumulative hours are, but I want to say I started on the 24th.

My book will go into detail on how to braid, maintain. and take down the braids. I've done this method on my hair, and my niece's and sister's hair- they are both 4B. My sister took hers out after 8 weeks maybe and said it's the softest her hair has ever been.

manter26 Beautiful braids. So wait you have fine hair and these braids work for you? I have fine hair but I'm scurred to put mini braids in again. Then again that was 2 years ago. How long is your hair to get such a plump bun?

manter26 Beautiful braids. So wait you have fine hair and these braids work for you? I have fine hair but I'm scurred to put mini braids in again. Then again that was 2 years ago. How long is your hair to get such a plump bun?

Chameleonchick Thanks! :grin:

I have extremely fine hair. If I had one strand held up, I wouldn't be able to see it because it's so fine. I do however have a ton of those skinny strands so the density of my hair is quite thick. My hair looks thinner in braids because the strands are so compact in tight mini braids. I'll post pics later.

My hair isn't very long, I'm working on BSL this year. When I pull these they touch APL. I used MsDanti (on YT) bun method... I put my hair in a ponytail. Grabbed a section of hair, rolled it under, then tuck and pinned it down. Then fluffed and tried to hide the parts.

image-578418742.jpg

I put this stuff in a bun but by midday I had pieces hanging....oh well. I guess my hair is the boss of me.

No idea why or how that photo turned that way....

Last edited:
Today's triple Afro puffs. I was planning to leave the back out, but I didn't like it. I'm already aware I look like Im twelve :lol:

My hair is at a weird stage... The back is starting to hang down and the front and sides are still growing out :lachen:

Attachments

• image-4121394446.jpg
    image-4121394446.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 94
Tried out a new gel....I like it and it's so cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1399831196.jpg
    image-1399831196.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3413815985.jpg
    image-3413815985.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image-393956625.jpg
    image-393956625.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 130
Yay! I'm so proud of myself! I'm a super style challenged, but I found this protective bun easy to do. And the best part is it's all bun, no filler!:grin:
(still learning imageshack, bear with me!)

Alla dem bunny tails stretched my hair to darn near twice my usual size. :lol: Heres my crazy cold blowout... Do I still call it a TWA?

Attachments

• image-762201068.jpg
    image-762201068.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 96
I'm in love with Shea Moisture's Curl And Style Conditioning Milk. Recently used it for a twistout last weekend and twists this week. (More info on my blog...) Pic with side swept twists was my HOTD last night. ;-)

ForumRunner_20120602_124418.jpg

ForumRunner_20120602_124433.jpg

ForumRunner_20120602_124449.jpg

Whats the info on this fro weave? Itgirl :grin:

I know right.. Isn't it fab?

Based on what she told me her hair was cornrowed and the stylist left out some of her edges.

THen they took afrokinky hair and pulled it through under the rows. so there isnt any stitching involved.

She maintains my twisting hair at night to prevent tangles and any hair product she uses on her own hair but she tries to avoid the xtension hair.

Last edited:
Itgirl said:
I know right.. Isn't it fab?

Based on what she told me her hair was cornrowed and the stylist left out some of her edges.

THen they took afrokinky hair and pulled it through under the rows. so there isnt any stitching involved.

She maintains my twisting hair at night to prevent tangles and any hair product she uses on her own hair but she tries to avoid the xtension hair.

Cool! :yep:

Back