EVERYBODY RUN, DON'T WALK, TO GET SOME SURGE!!!!

Re: EVERYBODY RUN, DON\'T WALK, TO GET SOME SURGE!!!!

I am in just ordered on line!....may God help this Product Junkie!

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
now is it the surge spray or lotion? i saw two on the walgreens site

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the spray

I finally got some yesterday. I was so happy to find it at the beauty supply store. I set under the dryer with mine-figured I had some catching up to do..:) I got home, washed my hair and applied regular conditioner. Then, I sprayed my hair down with Surge while I still had the conditioner on, covered my hair with a plastic cap and set under the dryer for 15 minutes.

I then rinsed it out and sprayed again before styling.

Hey all, I know I posted a pretty skeptical commentary on the surge line a couple of months back, but I did some additional "research" last night and found some interesting info on muccopolysaccharides. In the study I'm quoting they investigated the effects of Foltene, which appears to be a combo of mucopolysaccharides and something else (polydeoxyribonucleoprotein), on patients suffering from alopecia:

A clinical study of topical mucopolysaccharides & polydeoxyribonucleoprotein (Foltene) therapy in alopecia.
Lee KS, Myung KB, Kook HI

Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Ewha Womans University.

We performed clinical trials to evaluate the therapeutic effects of Foltene in patients of the several types of hair fallings. Thirtypatients with male pattern baldness, alopecia areata and seborrheic alopecia were included in this study. Foltene was appliedevery other day for 40 days, and followed by maintenance therapy of twice application a week. The duration of whole therapywas 6 months. We conclude that Foltene is an effective and agent for male pattern baldness, alopecia areata and seborrheicalopecia from the following results. Ten patients with male pattern baldness was treated with Foltene for 6 months. Foltene hadtherapeutic effects of 50% in hair regrowth, 70% in decreased hair falls, 30% in decreased dandruff, 50% in decreasedseborrhea. Thirteen patients with alopecia areata was treated with Foltene for 6 months. Foltene had therapeutic effects of61.6% in hair regrowth, 53.9% in decreased in hair falls, 53.9% in decreased dandruff, 77.0% in decreased seborrhea. Sevenpatients with seborrheic alopecia was treatment with Foltene for 6 months. Foltene had therapeutic effects of 85.8% in hairregrowth, 57.2% in decreased hair falls, 42.9% in decreased dandruff, 85.8% in decreased seborrhea. The degree oftherapeutic success was related to the duration of therapy. The side effects were as followed: itching sensation developed in 2patients (6.7%); tingling sensation in 3 patients (10.0%); burning sensation in 1 patient (3.3%); erythema in 3 patients (10.0%).

So maybe the *secret* to Surge are the mucopolysaccharides? If anyone is interested in hearing more detail, let me know.~
smile.gif

*bumping*

Is this anything like Wild Growth Oil? If so, I ain't buying it.
naughty.gif

Thanks Bronze Brown!
up.gif

Karonica--Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus (the spray) is nothing like WGO. It's a liquid in a spray bottle. And it doesn't smell like rotting garbage.
laugh.gif
It reminds me of S-Curl Spray w/o the slightly sticky feel. It leaves my hair very soft and touchable.
smile.gif
It has a coconut/vanilla fragrance.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Thanks Bronze Brown!
up.gif

Karonica--Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus (the spray) is nothing like WGO. It's a liquid in a spray bottle. And it doesn't smell like rotting garbage.
laugh.gif
It reminds me of S-Curl Spray w/o the slightly sticky feel. It leaves my hair very soft and touchable.
smile.gif
It has a coconut/vanilla fragrance.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you got it, Sassy? I knew it wouldn't be long.
laugh.gif
Tell me, when are you opening, Sassy's Beauty Supply?
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
So you got it, Sassy? I knew it wouldn't be long.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

assimilate.gif
cool.gif

I just ordered 3 bottles from Walgreens.com and can't wait to receive it in the mail!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
I'm late too...

I found mine today at Walgreens...I am thinking I better go back and get the other bottles...especially when I saw the eyes of the girl that rang up my purchaes...she said it was "Flying off the shelves!"...I think I am going to go back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Lord we have started something all across the globe. Surge flying off the shelves from Ohio USA to Peckham SE London. Pradalover I hope you know those last ones you took off the shelf are the ones I had to restrain myself from buying. LOL

[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
I'm late too...

I found mine today at Walgreens...I am thinking I better go back and get the other bottles...especially when I saw the eyes of the girl that rang up my purchaes...she said it was "Flying off the shelves!"...I think I am going to go back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Lord we have started something all across the globe. Surge flying off the shelves from Ohio USA to Peckham SE London. Pradalover I hope you know those last ones you took off the shelf are the ones I had to restrain myself from buying. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl , I love your humor.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
That's it. I'm getting some tonight (I gotta go out and buy some cheese for my broccoli!). The "faster growth" claims turned me off, but a $5 leave-in spray that smells good and won't leave me with rock hard kinks? I'm sold!

wave.gif
driver.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YO SASSYGIRL, HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE!!! NOW STOP RIGHT THERE, **shouts through megaphone** Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT be put off by the faster growth claims. I got a whole inch in 4 weeks on this stuff alone. No vits nothing. LOL
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
divacurl said:
what does surge stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

A surge in growth
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hey now, my surge was shipped today from walgreens. I just got my shipping confirmation e-mail. should have it in my PJ greedy hands by weeks end. OH JOY, I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
grin.gif
drunk.gif
weird.gif
weird.gif
I'M SOOOOO EXCITED, AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT.....

I bought the last two bottles in the shop last night, gave one to my mum, she started spraying her hair like a mad woman. I,m gonna have to buy some more tonight, they must have restocked by now!

I went through that too, try calling the company and getting the number to the distributor in your area. They should be able to tell you which stores carry their product. Thats what I had to do, I found it in some hair store I never went to.

[ QUOTE ]
jd_bdfly said:
I'm still waiting for mine in the mail
frown.gif
. Those of you that ordered from Walgreens, how long did the shipping take?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on how far away the nearest Walgreens store is to where you live. The closest one from me is in Baltimore, so it took only 1-2 days to deliver. I am VERY pleased with SURGE. My hair is thicker, and even though I suffer from Hand in Hair disease, the hair will not break off no matter how much I play in it.

Good luck Surging!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ladydee36330 said:
OH JOY, I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
grin.gif
drunk.gif
weird.gif
weird.gif
I'M SOOOOO EXCITED, AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT.....

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif

For any ladies living in LA that Lower Alabama for those that dont know, there is a walgreens in Dothan Al. Thats about twenty-five miles from me. I dont know if they have surge there, I ordered mine online but I'm sure as heck gonna find out for my next refill. Look at me and I aint even got my first bottle yet, I'm just so OPTIMISTIC.
grin.gif

I am going to wait a month before I tell my family about Surge...for two reasons:

1) I want to make sure it really works before I endorse it...(the greatest thing would be is someone says, "Dang your hair is growing fast!")...I still dont think I will just share my SECRET with just everyone yet...so that brings me to reason no. 2...

2)...I dont want everyone in on the secret so that the supply and demand wont increase...How can I be sure that there is enough SURGE for all!!!

I feel ya on that, I dont talk about this site and the great advice I get here as much as I used to. I'm just gonna let my length speak for itself. I've been trying to get my daughter interested in the board, I tell her about Nessa and other young people being members, she wants nothing to do with it. Last night I was applying WGO and she was sitting there and she said dang mom, your hair is really growing. I said yep and left it at that.

Wow,

Thanks for the advice. I am new to the board and have heard this comment before. I don't want anyone to know that I am borderline hair obsessed. I will let my hair do the talking too! Well said.

Well guys, it's now been 5 days on the Surge and I STILL LOVE IT!!! I LOVE this stuff!! YEs, I have been feeling a little itching and I think thats growth - the new hair tingling and pushing through the scalp! My hair is strong as an ox too! I could do commercials for this company! This is a truly Superior product! On another thread someone asked if you were stranded on a deserted island and could only choose one product line, what would it be??? Well, mine would be SURGE! No doubt about it! (but they don't have shampoos or conditioners, but that's OK. They have 2 VERY SUPERIOR PRODUCTS - PLUS 14 REVITALIZING SPRAY AND WOOJEE CREAM!!!) I haven't tried the Motion Lotion and don't think I will need that one. I can wrap my hair in the Plus 14 or the Woojee Cream. I'm using that spray as a detangler too! It's amazing to find something that detangles well, yet also super strengthens! I know there have been several other posts about Surge and many of our forum members have been using it a while! I'm late on the bandwagon, but I gotta tell ya................this is some really great stuff! I'm going to buy like 3 more bottles of both! I'm even asking for it as a stocking stuffer too!!!

London Diva
How do I get to Juliet's in Peckam, I'm going to buy Surge this weekend, where do I get the bus from, can I get there from Brixton?

Allandra, don't blame me for falling off the Hair Product challenge (again), they tempted me!!!

And then what if people ask you "What are you doing to your hair to make it grow?" I'm sorry, but I would not tell them. If they cared so much about haircare, they would figure it out by searching sites, find referrals or something. I don't mean to sound like a B----, but some people have the nerve. They're the same people that talk bad about your hair the month before!
mad.gif

My hair is still considered on the short side but its growing and people that know me can tell. There were times when I first joined the board I would try to talk to others about it, but nooooo they had no time. Just wait till they see me slanging, then they'll wish they had started with me. Can I get a LHCF 3 HAIR SMOOTHES AND A S-CUURRRLLL
weird.gif
grin.gif

Back