European (or African or other) dating/men vs. American dating/men

Glitter

I find myself involved with a European right now and I can't help but get caught up in how different it is than dating American men. He is affectionate and very much about making sure that I am happy. He also very expressive with his physical affection as well....hello PDA:blush:

It's very nice - he wants to make sure I'm always happy yet at the same time he wears the pants. America seems to be more about "get mine, get yours" and guys trying to act hard all the time, like holding a girl's hand or showing some love is the worst thing you can do.

Am I crazy in thinking all of this? Maybe I'm getting caught up in this guy's accent. Has anyone else experienced a difference between American men and men from other countries?

I find myself involved with a European right now and I can't help but get caught up in how different it is than dating American men. He is affectionate and very much about making sure that I am happy. He also very expressive with his physical affection as well....hello PDA:blush:

It's very nice - he wants to make sure I'm always happy yet at the same time he wears the pants. America seems to be more about "get mine, get yours" and guys trying to act hard all the time, like holding a girl's hand or showing some love is the worst thing you can do.

Am I crazy in thinking all of this? Maybe I'm getting caught up in this guy's accent. Has anyone else experienced a difference between American men and men from other countries?

Not much. Men are men to me. I've dated men from different countries and the foreign men are not all that different from the American men I've dated.

Eh sometimes I find the difference to be individually based. I mean, if European men were SO much better, European women would be the happiest women in the world. I do like European men's openness. They seem to be more straight forward than American men. The African men I've come across seem the same. They are more eager to pay you compliments.

For laughs, I found this article amusing.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34198

I haven't really found a big difference, but I haven't dated that much either... One guy from Argentina, my current SO from California, USA, and a few Swedes or mixed Swedes... Most of their differences are individual IMO.

I've found European (Eastern & Western) and African men to be much more open and honest regarding relationship expectations as well as more affectionate. But it could simply be that I am more attractive to open honest men, than males who are playing games and trying to see how many women they can have. Those are usually the ones who aren't being upfront.

ive never dated an american man but ive dated european men and south african men(im south african) european men are definately affectionate hold hands arms over shoulder or arms kissing in public any where everywhere but in terms of honesty...they bite their tongue quite a lot which can cause a bit of drama n if u have a bit of an argument they take DAYS or something to get over it without contact..dont like that at all :perplexed (the ones ive dated) south african men are quite affectionate and are more open and solve arguments much quicker none of this mia for a few days thing.

NB this is in my experience not a generalisation of all men

Back