EMERGENCY:If you BC'd at 6,7, or 8 Months Post Get in Here!

Ms. Martina

Okay ladies, I know I said I would wait until June 6th to BC(my one year post mark)...but I've got the itch! I haven't cut yet...lol. But I am now debating doing it on 1/7/11. It would be my 7 month mark! If I don't do it then, I will go ahead and wait for my one year mark. The date has to be special for me.

1/7/11 would be special because it is my 7 month mark, and 7 has always been my lucky and favorite number for me. And since BC'ing worries me, I'll need a little luck in my life. I am getting good vibes from that date already lol.:lachen:

Also, the 7/11 combo has been a known "good luck" charm in general.

I'm afraid to go through with it though because I've never had short hair. I'm also in the middle of applying for a new job. I would feel like its false advertisement to have all of my pictures and TV news reel show me reporting/anchoring with long locks only to show up at the job interview bald and natural. The news director might be like, "Ummmm...NEXT!" :nono: Of course I could always wear a wig or micro braids if I needed to...so it could still stay "hidden" until it grows out some if needed.

So...let me get to the point. I'm here in search of people who BC'd at 6, 7, or 8 months post. Can you all tell me if you regret chopping so soon?? How long was your hair?? PLLLLLLEASSSSEEE post pictures of your hair at 6,7, or 8 months post. Thankkkkks :)

Last edited:
I BC'd at 7 months post. Pic is in my signature.

When I first BC'd, I did regret not transitioning longer, but I don't have any regrets now. I'm glad I got a chance to get to know my natural hair at a much shorter length, and even now at this in-between wt%$@ length lol. It's a journey and I'm trying to have fun at all stops.

HTH.

personally I waited until the year mark to do the big chop, but I was not ready for the sudden change. I would say if you are hesitant about doing the BC then take a few days and see how you feel then. If you still decide to go through with it and you are not entirely happy with the result or the change, you can always wear a wig and feel confident for your interviews. HTH!

Here's a link to my 8 months relaxer free fotki album. Month 3 Natural / 8 Months Post Relaxer album | Your Cheeziness www.Hair2ToeBeauty.com | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

You'll get an idea of what you might be working with. I actually BC'd at 23 weeks and went straight to kinky twists because my hair was a short, dry, mess. I was prepared to chop, but not prepared to wear my hair out.

If you're feeling this much apprehension about it, throw in a protective style and keep transitioning. You'll know when you're ready to chop because you won't be so nervous about it, but that should come on your time only. :grin:

I bcd at six months. I had 3.5 inches of new growth but when I left the barber I only had a half inch on my head. I don't regret my big chop our the fact that I lost so much of my new growth. It makes me smile to see how far my hair has come in only 6 months. My progress is in my siggy. When my 1 year mark comes around I will be like wow went from damn near bald to this :smile:

I BC'd at 8 months. Looking back I wish I had transitioned quite a bit longer but I got the urge and just had my roomie cut it at 2 in the morning. I had a little 4.5 inch(when stretched) fro but it shrunk to about 1 to 2 inches.

Nope! I did the bc at 6 months and I liked it because I got to know my hair as it grew. I couldn't imagine transitioning for years and suddenly have 2,000 inches of nappy hair and not know how to deal with it.

I also shaved my head down to 1/2 inch late last year and I loved it as well....short hair really isn't all that scary at all...I think you would look beautiful with a TWA :)

I BC'ed @ 5 months. I didn't have alot of hair My BC Pic and it was the shortest my hair had been in a long time.

In all honesty, I have no regrets at all... except that I didn't do it sooner. Don't worry about it being short. I actually LOVED my twa stage because once I learned what my hair liked, I was literally done with it in less than five minutes. THAT was fantastic!

You could always wig, braid, or weave it if you're concerned about your hair costing you a job opportunity. :yep: (Good luck! I hope you get it!!)

I'm no longer natural, but before I BC'd, I transitioned for 361 days. In the end, I wound up with only a few inches of hair...almost shoulder length when stretched...

sideshotredonetwists1-vi.jpg

...and I never regretted one moment of chopping before I intended to. :)

I BCed around 8 months. No, I didn't regret it at all. I had no idea what to with it for a bit, in terms of styling, but I liked it. :)

I don't have many pics of when I BCed actually, but here's one from the day after I BCed.

100_0843-1.jpg

I BC'd at 7.5 Months. I don't necessarily regret chopping but I think now that if I would have tried stretching a lot longer I would have retained way more length due to the ends not being able to attract SSKs due to the lack of texture.

Back