Elucence Vs. Aphogee

notsomebody

I have used the Elucence extended moisture repair and I must say that I am extremely impressed with it. I am extremely tempted to give up the Aphogee 6 week treatment all together.
The elucence is a protein conditioner, but it uses wheat proteins so my hair is never hard. Also, I noticed that even after the Aphogee, there was still some hair in the comb. I had no hair in the comb after the Elucence. Then there is the smell and general messiness that comes from using the Aphogee. The elucence is almost like a soft gel and it makes my hair super slick so I don't have to get paranoid about something touching it while it is in my hair and causing it to break.

Has anyone else tried the elucence and if so are you also using the Aphogee? If you are using or have used both, would you recommend giving up one for the other or should I just keep both?

I also like the Elucence EMR. I have recently tried to go back to Mizani Moisturefuse but they changed the formula, sooooo....I am seriously considering the Elucence for the long haul. I do think it's important to have a keratin protein treatment monthly or every other month, so your Aphogee may be good for that. How does that sound to you?

Well, I do have a keratin conditioner. Its just a reconstructor thats also made by aphogee and I use it once a month or so, but I am mainly talking about deep protein treatments. Especially since I found out today that I could mix the Elucence with other conditioners. I relaxed today and for my conditioner/reconstruction I mixed the Elucence with Mizani Fulfyl (its a combo moisturizing protein conditioner) I love the results. Normally, I only use protein conditioners the week before, directly after and the week following a relaxer. So, its to prepare and repair.
I think I am really just looking for any excuse I can find to get away from the Aphogee because of the smell, and the mess, and the ruined clothes, and the hard hair. But I have been using it for 3 years now and am kind of paranoid about giving it up completely.
Does this make any sense?

Well, if you have any ounce of PJ in you then what you're "going through" is normal. Staying committed to one product for 3 years is a long time. It just sounds like you'd like a change. If you really like the Elucence one (and it sounds like you do) then make the change, even if only for a little while. Sometimes the hair needs a change every once in a while anyway. Just hang on to your Aphogee so that you can go back to it when you want to. Also, it seems like your hair has really thrived with the Aphogee. Just keep it close, but I think you'll be pleased with long term results of the Elucence.

Now! Tell me more about this mixing Elucence with other conditioners...Maybe I can mix it with the Moisturefuse. Do you think that would work?

Oh, another plus about the Elucence is that it can be used weekly because it's wheat protein and not Keratin.

I got the idea of mixing the Elucence from the Elucence site. It said that it could be combined with the balancing moisturizer, so I started experimenting.
It works really well with Moisturefuse. I just mixed it with the fulfyl because I wanted that extra kick of protein.

I've also mixed it with Suave coconut, Mizani, Elucence BM, ORS Hair Mayo, and Aubrey Organics Jojoba and Aloe Rejuvenator. I swear this stuff is like it was meant to be mixed with other conditioners. When I use it on its on, my hair is so moist that it draws up, so I mixed other conditioners to actually weigh it down some.

I am a product junkie, but I try to curb my tendancies by only replacing products when I am completely out of something, or in the case of the Elucence, I got my tax refund and wanted to try some of the products that were getting such rave reviews from this board. But, when I find something that really works beyond my expectations, I keep it. That's why I stayed with the Aphogee for so long, but the elucence seemed to do a much better job. Which is why I really want to give up the Aphogee and just stick with the Elucence for a while. I still have half a bottle (big bottle) of the Aphogee, so I will keep it until its gone or goes bad. Maybe I will just keep it as a just in case back up kind of thing. But unless I have a major set back, I think Elucence may be my miracle conditioner as far as strengthening goes.

Well, I'm glad to hear that you like it so well. Elucence products are off the hook. Have you tried their Serious Shining Spray? It is expensive for a tiny bottle BUT it doesn't take much to get a huge shine going.

I stopped using the Aphogee six month treatment after I got my elucence extended moisture repair. Now that I've been taking care of my hair I find that my hair doesn't really need a hard protein treatment like that anymore. I use their 2 min. reconstructor every month and that seems to work fine. I use elucence the rest of the time.

Notsomebody, I've been using the Elucence Exended repair since last year around June or so and I'm completely in love. I always use it before and after a relaxer and sometimes in between. The only other protein I use is ORS. I get some protein in leave-ins. It's a keeper for me. I love the consistency and the way it softens my hair. I've never mixed it with anything else though.. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I'll have to give that a try.

I used the aphogee many years ago (about 5) and I hated it. Swore I would never use it again. It makes the hair tooo hard for me.

Davine, here ya go:

Fantasia IC Hair Strengthener Treatment
Joico Integrity
Elasta QP H-Two

Now while these are not touted as protein leave-ins, they all contain Silk and Keratin Protein. hth

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Now that I've been taking care of my hair I find that my hair doesn't really need a hard protein treatment like that anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moni, you have a point. When I went to my new hair stylist, she used Affirm. After rinsing, she put something on my hair. I assumed it was the 5-in-1 reconstructor and I asked. She told me that it was the Post LInk and that since my hair wasn't damaged it didn't need the 5-in-1 on it. Personally, I like to do a Keratin conditioner at home(Nexxus Keraphix or Joico K-Pak) every once in a while for extra strength though.

Back