Elasta QP recovery oil moisturizer!!!!!!!!!!!

Mocha Princess

Hey ladies, I know I'm probably late on this one and I know I've raved over soooo many different products, but this one is SERIOUS!!!! I had the dryest hair imaginable after using Nexxus Keraphix under the dryer w/out a plastic cap (BIG NO NO, please don't do), and it stayed dry and brittle for the last 2 weeks. My hair was knotting up something terrible, like it was fusing together everywhere, seriously. I co-washed for 3 days straight with Elasta Dpr-11, which made it somewhat softer, but it was still rough and spikey to the touch. I swear, something told me to just try using the recovery to moisturize, and I'm not joking, right after I worked it through my dry tresses, they became not only baby soft, but shiny and silky too!!!! :eek: I couldn't believe it, and thought the effect was only gonna last for the duration of time I was applying it to my hair. I promise you, it was like a miracle, and it really was!! I always thought that ORS olive oil and heavy cream was the best, and yes, they do work well, but NOTHING compared to the way Elasta's recovery oil worked miracles in my hair. And before it, I tried everything, LITERALLY EVERTHING I had that was a moisturizer and nothing really worked but for a moment, and hours later, the moisturizing affect was gone. Even my boyfriends white mother said my hair looked shiny and silky, and she said it today out of nowhere. I'm surprised that not many people have raved about this moisturizer, it's moisturized my hair like no other and I'm a 4b, and pretty much natural because the protein snatched the straight effect the relaxer gave me, right out of my cuticle. following the dryness came reversion, so my hair will need to have a corrective relaxer done like in a few months. I'm going to stretch as long as possible. Oh, and I wanted to tell ya'll that I even called Elasta's customer service today to give them my testimonial of this wonderful, wonderful product, and the lady told me that the chemist who makes Elasta is the same exact chemist who formulates Elucense and Kenra!! So basically, although they are not the same products, they are all made my by the same person. I also told her that I was surprised that a moisturizer priced at $2.49 was way more moisturizing and penetrating than any other more expensive one I tried and she responded by saying that Elasta was at one point, a professional, salon exclusive product but after realizing they could make more money selling retail, they switched without changing the formula at all!! Now I see why this stuff works sooooo well. Sorry this is long girls, but I'm so dang excited and I just had to tell you about it. I absolutely :love: Elasta QP Recovery oil moisturizer!! :grin:

This is hands down the BEST oil moisturizer i have ever used.... I am very impressed and will use it as my staple. It makes my hair silky smooth. I recently ran out and used the hairlox creme i used prior to this... I see why this stuff made me abandon ALL my oher hair mositurizing aids.

I have to agree w/ you. Elasta's recovery oil and SE moisturizing treatment are getting me through my dry spell. Nothing else has been working. And Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Oil Heavy Cream is excellent as a night cream.

leleepop said:
If anyone doesnt mind what are the ingredients?:)

The ingredients are: Chammomile Recuita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint), Leaf oil Tussilago Fafars (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Euisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosmarinus, Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract in Purified Water/Aqua, Mineral oil, Cetrimonium Chloride Hexadecanol, Cetereth-20, Dimethicone, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides (Conconut Oil), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Steareth-10, Guar Hydroxypropyttrimonium Chloride, Methyl-Paraben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

Mocha Princess said:
The ingredients are: Chammomile Recuita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint), Leaf oil Tussilago Fafars (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Euisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosmarinus, Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract in Purified Water/Aqua, Mineral oil, Cetrimonium Chloride Hexadecanol, Cetereth-20, Dimethicone, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides (Conconut Oil), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Steareth-10, Guar Hydroxypropyttrimonium Chloride, Methyl-Paraben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

I have to pass, this has cones and mineral oil, which my hair hates. I don't need to be buying anymore products, anyway....

girlllll I 2nd that...this product is sooooo very good to my hair and it smells so delightful. I used to use UBH faithfully but due to the pricing i started rotating between the two and now i just actually prefer this EQP product over the UBH expensive creme which costs a good $20.... Yayyyy!!!

Mizani_Mrs said:
girlllll I 2nd that...this product is sooooo very good to my hair and it smells so delightful. I used to use UBH faithfully but due to the pricing i started rotating between the two and now i just actually prefer this EQP product over the UBH expensive creme which costs a good $20.... Yayyyy!!!

Yeah, and I was going to try Kathy Howse's cream dew stuff, but now I know I don't have to. It's weird that the first ingredient isn't water for once. But, it does contain it but it's toward the end of the list w/ like sage or somethin. Maybe it's just my type of hair, but this stuff seriously works MIRACLES for my hair. However, I rarely here a lot of ladies rave about it here on the forum, although I have seen it mentioned.

I like Elasta recovery, too. Yall know that you can use it as a leave -in after shampooing? Silly me just found this out a few weeks back:look:

kitkat3ny said:
I have to agree w/ you. Elasta's recovery oil and SE moisturizing treatment are getting me through my dry spell. Nothing else has been working. And Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Oil Heavy Cream is excellent as a night cream.

Yeah, it's the absolute BEST moisturizer I've ever used! I :love: Elasta QP recovery moisturizer! But, what is the SE moisturizing treatment? I've never heard of this one, I looked on their website and couldn't find anything that seemed like it could be it.

Mocha Princess said:
But, what is the SE moisturizing treatment? I've never heard of this one, I looked on their website and couldn't find anything that seemed like it could be it.

I've never tried the SE moisturizing treatment but the misturizing co, but I did open the jar and smelled that stuff and it smells like the perfume of heaven. It's really very pleasant smelling.

Mocha Princess said:
Yeah, it's the absolute BEST moisturizer I've ever used! I :love: Elasta QP recovery moisturizer! But, what is the SE moisturizing treatment? I've never heard of this one, I looked on their website and couldn't find anything that seemed like it could be it.

Silk Elements Mega Moisturizing Treatment, you can find it at Sallys
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1215/373222

Re the Recovery Oil, I never thought using something w/ cones and mineral oil would moisturize because my hair doesn't take well to those ingredients but for whatever reason this works.

I love this product. Elasta line is my staple line. I don't read much about Elasta in this forum so I just assumed I had weird hair and no one else like them. Glad to see I was wrong. :D

I just got a sample of this in the mail. Definitely going to try it soon, thanks for the review.

Yes!!! Elasta QP recovery oil moisturizer is the TRUTH, especially for air-drying! I love it! I also love Silk Elements moisturizing treatment, it smells great and moisturizes so well!

Alright! Gotta stop at the BSS after work! I have been getting tangled knots all over and lots of dryness lately. I hope this works.

Yes, I love this one too! I will never be out a bottle unless they stop making it. I paid 2.99 for mine and that is just heaven compared to how much I have spent trying to find something I love. I wish I knew about this before I ordered that Qhemet Alma and Olive Heavy cream. :(

I agree with the person who said this is Great for air drying!! I try not to use products with Mineral oil but this is a keeper. (Plus the mineral oil is very far down the list)

Doll said:
Alright! Gotta stop at the BSS after work! I have been getting tangled knots all over and lots of dryness lately. I hope this works.

Hey Doll - mixing a tablespoon of honey and evoo with my conditioner helped smooth my hair and rid it of tangles. It made my hair really slick. Its worth a shot. I don't know if Elasta QP Recovery Oil is a good detangler. I never tried it that way but it may be. If you get it from Sally's you can take it back if it doesn't work. Elasta's leave in H2 and their Design Foam are good detanglers for me as leave ins but my hair is only neck length.

P.S. my baby got neutered today. boo hooooo! I get to pick him up tomorrow. :( Feb 2 Pics 243.jpg

bajanplums1 said:
I used this for many years before I started using Elucence and almond oil. It served me well for many years.

Just curious about why you stopped using it for the Elucence/almond oil combo? Do you put the actual contioner in your hair as a leave-in and seal it with the almond oil? Also, when you used recovery, did you seal it w/anything? I do know that Elucence is made by the same company as Elasta QP.

I have been battling some serious dryness. For a few bucks, I think I can give this a try.

Last edited:
Back