ELASTa QP DPR 11 Sucks

Tamrin

unapologetic
I bought this container of this stuff months ago while I in twists. So today I say let me give it a try. I clarified and DCed with it and EVOO for 40 minutes & I rinsed out. My hair felt hard as a rock. I figured 5.99 what did I not expect.that much slip. I applied my trusty Aubrey organics HSR & detangled with my shower comb with water running. I notice a lot of hair. I figured its shed since Im using MT.

Applied more AO HSR still more hair in the comb. Fully detangled out the shower now applying Salerm 21, hold hair in a ponytail run my hand down pony tail more hair. Upon closer inspection of the hairs, I saw its breakage not from the line of demarcation since Im almost 20 weeks post. Oh no it's 1.5 inch amount from the ends breaking. I applied a little MT as leave in, all breakage stops. Im throwing this stuff in the trash and going back to my trusty conditioners. This mess is garbage why do they sell it in stores?

Last edited:
Can I have it?

:look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

You beat me to it! I was just about to say this!

I :love: Elasta QP DPR-11. I always use it with heat, though. I just DCd with it today, sat under the bonnet dryer for half an hour and rinsed it out. It left my hair feeling SO silky and really made my curls pop. :lick: Humectress is also thebomb.com.

you really think it was the cause of the breakage?

Thats really bad if so

I tried it and was like using Nothing to me

It is Im sure. All the other products I have used before with no problem and great results. Since it was my first time using it. I made sure to clarify.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE this product. I'm not one to throw stuff away. I'll generally doctor it up so I can finish it. This mess went in the trash IMMEDIATELY. I still roll my eyes when I see it in the store. :lol:

WOAH. Intense title....lol. I can't remember. But I was in someones fotki, and they had this as one of their staples...and her head of hair was amazing. So I guess the saying, "to each his/her own.." once again applies...:)

I agree... I have a jar in my bathroom right now that I haven't touched since the last time I used it. I hate the smell and I find it to be a very thick creme which provides little to no slip. It seemed to do nothing, but just waste my time. I was very disappointed in this product. Then again everything works different on everyones hair so it works for many and doesn't for some...I guess

That sucks! I like it, I normally mix it with my AtOne Botanicals reconstructor..I get no breakage when I use it..I guess different strokes for different folks!

I'm wondering if the folks who had problems with it have either type 3 or fine hair. Cuz the jungle on top of my dome :love: it some DPR 11. It's one of the few products that did well on both my natural and relaxed hair.

A few months ago, I read ALL of the archived posts I could find that mentioned DPR. All of the comments I found were like this thread - people either LOVED it or HATED it, which made me nervous to try it. But, I searched every BSS for WEEKS looking for this stuff. I finally found it (in the BSS right up the street from me!) and bought 2 jars.

When I tell you I have tried this conditioner alone, mixed with every oil and secondary conditioner you can imagine- it did WORSE than nothing. I don't care if only a few tablespoons of this stuff was in a concoction, my hair would always come out super hard dry, and tangled. But I say hey, at least its only 5.99. You can try it, see if it works, and there won't be much love (or $) lost.

My hair responded the same way to AO Honeysuckle Rose which is like the Holy Grail moisturizing conditioner. I know- Blasphemy!

I didn't care for it, either. I tried it twice. I much preferred the NTM hair mask. I'd give mine away, too, but I ain't paying for shipping!

I'm wondering if the folks who had problems with it have either type 3 or fine hair. Cuz the jungle on top of my dome :love: it some DPR 11. It's one of the few products that did well on both my natural and relaxed hair.

Works great for me! My hair is all silky today:yep: and I'm 14 weeks post.

I have 4a hair and my hair lurves DPR. It literally melts into my hair, I call it a magic conditioner. Both new growth and relaxed hair lurves it. :yep:

You may have a point there. I have fine hair and majority 3C/4a. My hair was a hard mess.

Back