Ekomba!

Thank you Blessed1, Alexei, Faith, EmJazzy, Spirit, Dsylla , Anky :) :p :D

Anky stop it they changed the formula to the deep conditioner wowww i better stock up on the rinse before they touch it lol:grin:

Brownshugaz said:
Thanks EK. what's the name of the BSS
Hey Brownshugaz oh i dont know the name of the bss lol i never paid attention :lol: but when u get off the 2-3 train to 116th street u see the cvs pharmacy right after the ups, the bss is between the Lane Bryant store and the christian bookstore just before the big Baptist church:)

Grow on wit yo bad self, Ekomba!!!!!! You are so pretty. You take great pictures and your hair is inching down your back, tien, tien!......you are doing a great job!!!bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
Grow on wit yo bad self, Ekomba!!!!!! You are so pretty. You take great pictures and your hair is inching down your back, tien, tien!......you are doing a great job!!!bonjour

awww thank you Mahalia lol i was thinking i was so far away from brastrap :lol: in my mind i thought at least 8inches. i was shocked this morning when hubby said 3inches and a quarter from the top of the bra strap even waistlength i need 10inches and half :eek: :eek: i dunno it makes it feasible all a sudden.

You know i never pay attention to the real length of the hair cause its always in twists and twistout fros so all u see is the shrinkage. I think i may be able to get to complete brastrap by end of dec lol WHERE ARE MY VITAMINSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AT????:lachen: :grin: :lol: LOL i m try to go all out till end of dec who knows maybe i can dream of midback hair lol i m try to shoot for at least 4inches at minimum i really need to restart the mtg:p

*Bre~Bre* said:
Yes, her hair is gorgeous. So friggin lush!

Thank you Bre!!!:p the hair i m telling u has become so thick i cant wait to maxiglide! lol:D if i can just find the way to fight shrinkage that s my thing:(

Very cool!
what is your regimen now - details
Are you still faithful to MTG, baggie method 24/7 & protein shakes?

Hey Ekay,

I'm really proud of you. I'm also inspired. I spent the whole year cutting my hair and now I think I still can still meet my goal of apl.

I hope you're still coming down to MD to hang with us so we can play with your hair.

Ekomba, your hair progress is wonderful and inspiring! :yay: Im so excited for you!!!! :grin:

I remember a while back (I think?) you had posted about how you were getting up to 1-2" per month with your vitamin and protein-rich diet. Are you still achieving that type of growth, and what do you primarily attribute it to?

c'est magnifique ma belle. Your hair is gorgeous, lush, thick, shiny, you are so going to get to WSL in no time.

oh Thank you Joyous, PerfectDoak,Hibiscus30, Zora ( i m try to make it to the Baltimore meeting i m not sure cause i may have to go on a trip but i let you know i really wanna come:D )!!!!!:D :) :p

alexei said:
Very cool!
what is your regimen now - details
Are you still faithful to MTG, baggie method 24/7 & protein shakes?

Hey ALexei right now i m not following my regimen as far as vitamins, shakes, mtg, and baggie cause its wayyyyyyyyyy too hot i sweat a lot. Usually i m always in protective styles and my hair is never out when i m trying to let it grow. But i gave myself till the end of august a small break before i jumpstart the allout challenge again. By sept 1, i will weave it out till april 1,2007 its like 7-8months. i Never leave the hair out during the winter time i need moisture and baggie method like crazy and i will restart the mtg by sept

i need to rethink a lighter regimen cause u see my problem is most of the stuff i tried worked on me but i kept changing to try new stuff lol but the Designer Whey french vanilla is a keeper, baggie method 24/7 specially during autumn and throughout the winter till the spring is a keeper (cause you will be fooling your hair to believe it s still summer lol so u can keep the extra growth u usually experience in the summer growth spurts:cool: :D :grin: that s what i do lol trying to squeeze an inch there and there lol) and mtg of course but like i said before right now its a no no . the summer heat burns me so bad, the mtg would literally set my head on fire and it will not be a pretty sight with oil over the face lol:grin: :lachen: but i will get back to my regular diet in sept;)

KiniKakes said:
Ekomba, your hair progress is wonderful and inspiring! :yay: Im so excited for you!!!! :grin:

I remember a while back (I think?) you had posted about how you were getting up to 1-2" per month with your vitamin and protein-rich diet. Are you still achieving that type of growth, and what do you primarily attribute it to?

Hey Kinikakes thank you so much! yeah i used to get 2inches with everything meaning the vitamins, mtg, all the other topical products and used to do a high protein diet. But 2" a month is not my natural growth, my hair grows very slow just 0.25" a month but what i did is take 2 scoops of Designer Whey vanilla with soy milk and eat 2 eggs with 1 boca veggie soy burger and snack on apples and almonds, drink a gallon of water mixed with the Carlson sulfur msm. it was mainly a pro sulfur/protein diet. and i used to eat pouches of salmon for lunch with raw baby carrots. i figured hum if i can find a way to keep what i already have with protective styles and low or no manipulation and can manage to enhance and outdo my growth i could get phenomenal growth so i would grease first my ends with either vaseline or grease.

What i find that contributed mostly to the growth if i had to select only one hair vitamins it would be the Vitol Hair nails and skin from gnc. i saw the vendor at gnc a dark skinned girl had long thick permed hair and i got inside and asked what she used and she showed me the Vitol and told me to first take a multivitamin so all the nutrients from the Vitol would not go to my body but to my hair ( yes cause sometimes u think a hair vitamin does not work but in fact you forgot to take a multivit that has your body daily needs and what happens the hair vitamins instead of going to your hair goes to your body first then hair, the growth always first show in the nails, then the skin and then the hair;) ) The cleanse also contributed to my vitamins performing well cause my bowels were loaded and i was not getting the whole benefit.
Nature s made super b complex, Nature s Bounty Evening Primrose oil but i m not gonna retry it cause it gives me bigger boobs and i dont need it, Carlson msm sulfur powder and pp biotin those are the ones i cant live without and that gave me astounding results and i will always go back to. topicals: MTG OF COURSE and wild growth hair oil i love it just to moisturize. also amla powder of course cowashes with Praital silk worm rinse and no heat at all for a year and air drying but to succeed in air drying the secret is to detangle on conditionned hair and put all your serums and quickly braid while the hair is still wet/damp not dry then in the morning when you take out the hair you can resume how u style it else you not gonna like it

i also received good results from the foti so i may add it, the freeda biotin and silica was very good too. i also love my twinlab amino fuel. i m tired of experimenting so for now starting september i m stick to the first list and go back to the 2 inches a month if possible protein shakes really work but they can make you fat :mad: ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Bubblebtm2, Chayil0427!!!:p :D :)

Lucia said:
c'est magnifique ma belle. Your hair is gorgeous, lush, thick, shiny, you are so going to get to WSL in no time.

Merci Lucia thank u girl :D tu me fais rougir lol i cant wait for waistlength i think it should be around end of 2007:D if i keep on my regimen. i m try to think a new regimen with only the things that work best for me protective styles, baggie method, no comb no brushes, Praital silk worm, no heat,vitamins, mtg...:)

I don't come here too often but I'm glad I signed in today. Ekomba, your progress is amazing and I just love big hair --- and girl you've got a lot of it! Your hair looks great! Keep up the good haircare. ;)

lovelymissyoli said:
I don't come here too often but I'm glad I signed in today. Ekomba, your progress is amazing and I just love big hair --- and girl you've got a lot of it! Your hair looks great! Keep up the good haircare. ;)

Aww thank you Lovelymissyoli and thank you Ayeshia !!! you all got beautiful hair too lol it s me who admire all of yall on lhcf, -by the way Faith your hair is so lonnnnnnnnng like wow :eek::eek: -yeah this is where i come often to get inspired hear new stuff like mtg and protein shakes and try them like a mad scientist in my bathroom lol i get most of my info here and thru the archives and jump on most bandwagons and stick with the ones that work for me:lachen: :grin: :lol:
But it worth the sacrifices of keeping the hair hidden. lol i m back to hibernating starting sept. i will only let my hair out for updates and for summer 2007:p

princesmich said:
Ekay, your hair looks really great, I love your pics, are you still using gueye's?

Thank you Princesmich!:) I love the Gueye s pills but i never finished them i think you have to be careful and select one product of each like one hair vit, one multi, 1 biotin, 1 msn, 1 flaxseed one super b complex. me my mistake at one point was taking 3 different hair vits at the same time girl i felt my heart racing faster and i said hell no u have to choose which one cause many are good it really depends Vitol hair nails and skin is my favourite but when i see the latest pix where i mostly used the shen min, gueye and vitol great hair and foti and msm and biotin i see that those ones also worked.

But i looooooooooooove the Gueye s gel omg i used it on my husband he got 3c midback hair so it s a struggle after he washes it to lay low the frizzies to do a ponytail but the gel does the job i brush it and everything lay low in place better than any gel and boy i tried many and guess what no flakes

i also love the Gueye s growth oil (even though my hair seems nappier after i put it lol) i prefer i think the Wild growth hair oil cause it moisturizes well and one of my secrets if you do a sew in weave or braids and you put the wgo on your rows daily the day you remove the sew in your hair wont be dry breaking but all moisturized i tried it its amazing

and the Gueyes braid spray is the bomb if your hair is tangled or you have dirt from the braid at the root you spray it and it detangles i always do it on my hair or his hair

Last edited:
Ekomba's progress and updates are always inspirational. Gosh those are pretty pics!

ekomba said:
...on wet hair rub a good amount of Bronners b and b grease or blue magic blue grease ( i like it better cause it s greasy) on the hair all over so its almost sticky a bit but it s okay cause i only apply the grease once a week then you proceed to twist.

...so this is my secret to soft hair you can only oil or put grease once right after washing the hair causing all the follicles are open and penetrate...

Grease? Did someone say grease? :D Looks like I'm pulling out the good old blue magic for a new experiment. I knew my relationship with grease wasn't completely over. :grin: :yay: Thanks Ekomba! Your hair is very beautiful and luscious!!! I wondered wear you got that awesome, blinding shine, now I know. :)

Also, you are full of good information and tips. Thanks for sharing.

ekomba said:
Thank you Princesmich!:)

But i looooooooooooove the Gueye s gel omg i used it on my husband he got 3c midback hair so it s a struggle after he washes it to lay low the frizzies to do a ponytail but the gel does the job i brush it and everything lay low in place better than any gel and boy i tried many and guess what no flakes

thanks For the tips Ekay, I've never used the gel, have you tried it on your hair? how was it?

Thank you Jaded Faerie and thank you Chicoro! you know girl you re one of my hair inspirations:p :D :)

Thank you Kitchen_tician!:D and you welcome yeah greaaaaaaaaaase girl lol:grin: :lachen: :lol: i thought i would have to ban that one but guess what blue magic works!:perplexed in fact any good grease lotion oil any serum,gel, leave in you ask me, just by experimenting and experience lol i will tell you they all work different WHEN U PUT IT ON WET HAIR AND IN MODERATION MEANING JUST ONE DAY else i promise u if i put it daily or even just once on dry hair it just sits there

girl so now i never ever put grease,oils or gels on dry hair and it results in natural shine and sheen what i would do for instance when i want to revitalize my hair i first start with a bigen blue black actually i have a big head so i use 2:cool: :lol: :ohwell: lol and leave it 20mns i rinse it apply the Praital worm rinse then the next day i do a amla powder evoo et water treatment to soften and add sheen then rinse and do a Praital again for 20mn quickly detangle with fingers and on soaking wet damp hair i shake to get some water out and press with the towel but while the hair is still wet i apply the blue magic blue grease it made it kinda like greasy and twist on wet hair the next day i remove the twists and that s the pix in my siggy.

The other day a guy stylist stopped me in the bss to help him choose a product that gives sheen. He was asking me if i was a hairstylist cause my hair had sheen, shine , very fluffy and light would move with the wind 4b!!!!!! thats the pix in the siggy and i told him i apply blue magic grease once a week after i wash the hair ( i wash once a week and only apply the grease once a week and nothing the whole week). he screamed grease:mad: and touched the hair but nothing on it but the shine stays. cause on wet hair after 2-3days the grease disappeared but the bright lush feeling remains lol and its funny i noticed same thing i dont like how my hair feels if i put the mtg on dry hair i think my products all of them perform better on wet hair then dry that s funny. i think you should experiment the difference when u try on wet hair and dry i find that on dry hair it just sits there and coats the hair but wet when your follicles are open it still penetrates or goes away after a few days ;)

kitchen_tician said:
Grease? Did someone say grease? :D Looks like I'm pulling out the good old blue magic for a new experiment. I knew my relationship with grease wasn't completely over. :grin: :yay: Thanks Ekomba! Your hair is very beautiful and luscious!!! I wondered wear you got that awesome, blinding shine, now I know. :)

Also, you are full of good information and tips. Thanks for sharing.

princesmich said:
thanks For the tips Ekay, I've never used the gel, have you tried it on your hair? how was it?

You welcome Princesmich yes i tried the gel myself i loooooove it cause it has no alcohol but i only use it on wet hair to polish the sides when i want to do a bun

i m post the ingredients that s what s written on the gel:

Gueye s alcohol free extra-hold styling gel for all hair types
encourages hair growth , Enriched with Herbal extracts, vitamins and proteins for more info call 310 352 4646

INGREDIENTS: deionized water, pvp, propylene glycol, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, triethanolamine, carbomer, wheat protein, propylene glycol,water, and extracts of :
hops, horsetail,lemon,bioflavonoids, pine cone, and rosemary, propylene glycol,water and extracts of:
matricaria, sage,nettle, rosemary, and aloe, biotin (vitamin h), panthenol (vitamin b5), disodium edta, polyquaternium-10, fragrance, methylparaben.

it s the best ever gel i had cause it did not leave any flakes on me like when i use the brown gel years ago, it works better than aloe vera gel for me i through away mine and i m keep ordering this one cause hum it s a gel but doesnt feel like a gel i m scared to even add i feel like it conditions my hair as well and it really lays the hair flat but use it on wet hair though:D ;)

ekomba said:
Thank you Jaded Faerie and thank you Chicoro! you know girl you re one of my hair inspirations:p :D :)

Thank you Kitchen_tician!:D and you welcome yeah greaaaaaaaaaase girl lol:grin: :lachen: :lol: i thought i would have to ban that one but guess what blue magic works!:perplexed in fact any good grease lotion oil any serum,gel, leave in you ask me, just by experimenting and experience lol i will tell you they all work different WHEN U PUT IT ON WET HAIR AND IN MODERATION MEANING JUST ONE DAY else i promise u if i put it daily or even just once on dry hair it just sits there

girl so now i never ever put grease,oils or gels on dry hair and it results in natural shine and sheen what i would do for instance when i want to revitalize my hair i first start with a bigen blue black actually i have a big head so i use 2:cool: :lol: :ohwell: lol and leave it 20mns i rinse it apply the Praital worm rinse then the next day i do a amla powder evoo et water treatment to soften and add sheen then rinse and do a Praital again for 20mn quickly detangle with fingers and on soaking wet damp hair i shake to get some water out and press with the towel but while the hair is still wet i apply the blue magic blue grease it made it kinda like greasy and twist on wet hair the next day i remove the twists and that s the pix in my siggy.

The other day a guy stylist stopped me in the bss to help him choose a product that gives sheen. He was asking me if i was a hairstylist cause my hair had sheen, shine , very fluffy and light would move with the wind 4b!!!!!! thats the pix in the siggy and i told him i apply blue magic grease once a week after i wash the hair ( i wash once a week and only apply the grease once a week and nothing the whole week). he screamed grease:mad: and touched the hair but nothing on it but the shine stays. cause on wet hair after 2-3days the grease disappeared but the bright lush feeling remains lol and its funny i noticed same thing i dont like how my hair feels if i put the mtg on dry hair i think my products all of them perform better on wet hair then dry that s funny. i think you should experiment the difference when u try on wet hair and dry i find that on dry hair it just sits there and coats the hair but wet when your follicles are open it still penetrates or goes away after a few days ;)

Girl, I knows all about the wonders of grease,:grin: but I haven't experimented too much with it on my wet natural hair. Yeah, I also use grease sparingly, that's the key. When I relaxed, I used it once every 2 weeks on hair and scalp and it was the bomb. I cant wait to try it! Thanks again!

Ekomba, your hair growth is AMAZING!!!!!!! I just looked at your album and its off the chains! I wanna be on your challenge. I havent got time to wade thru this whole thread, but if you have the challenge posted somewhere can you link it or something? You grow girl! You're my new idol!

Back