Eight Month Progress PICS - Relaxed Weekly Heat User

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Although it may not seem like much progress for that time period it's still something I'm proud about. I'm a weekly heat user so I don't expect to retain everything, although I'm trying my best to retain what I can of course by DCing weekly with my steamer. :yep: I definitely am happy about the fullness because it seems as if my layers are catching up to the back. Hopefully after that I will see more length.

I had a major setback a year ago and a mini setback recently where I had a little shedding. However, I'm glad that I'm finally past my longest length ever and I pray I can keep going this time. I can't wait for my summer growth spurt.

Thanks for letting me share and HHG everyone!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Eight Month Comparison.jpg
    Eight Month Comparison.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 430
Lmfao. For a second I thought that your top left pic was your starting pic, and the bottom right was your current pic. I was about to go offffff like, "See das watchu get. Using alla that heat then got the nerve to come and brag about it with pics like this! You see that damage it's done?!" Anyhow. Nice progress! Your hair looks longer and fuller! Lord knows I couldn't do all that to my hair and get progress like that.... Or could I? What kind of heat are you using exactly? Flat iron? Or blow dry?

Lmfao. For a second I thought that your top left pic was your starting pic, and the bottom right was your current pic. I was about to go offffff like, "See das watchu get. Using alla that heat then got the nerve to come and brag about it with pics like this! You see that damage it's done?!" Anyhow. Nice progress! Your hair looks longer and fuller! Lord knows I couldn't do all that to my hair and get progress like that.... Or could I? What kind of heat are you using exactly? Flat iron? Or blow dry?

LOL I'd be somewhere crying if that were the case!!

I airdry and flat-iron with IC heat protectant and CHI Keratin Mist and SI. I haven't blow dried in ages. That's the debil to my hair....yet my hair luurrves my flat-iron :spinning:

Thanks!!

Do you ever rollerset? it seems as though many relaxed women rollerset and wrap for a straight look and that helps with retention.

Although it may not seem like much progress for that time period it's still something I'm proud about. I'm a weekly heat user so I don't expect to retain everything, although I'm trying my best to retain what I can of course by DCing weekly with my steamer.

I dont want you to accept sub-par retention OP you should have the best of both worlds! Retention and your silky straight hair :gorgeous:

I hope more straight relaxed ladies will chime in :) this is only my :twocents: as a natural

Thanks for sharing your hair is nice and thick!

Last edited:
Nice progress......your hair looks so full. Now, if only I could get my layers to grow out like yours & with the fullness you have.....:gorgeous::cloud9:

Last edited:
Do you ever rollerset? it seems as though many relaxed women rollerset and wrap for a straight look and that helpes with retention.

I dont want you to accept sub-par retention OP you should have the best of both worlds! Retention and your silky straight hair :gorgeous:

I hope more straight relaxed ladies will chime in :) this is only my :twocents: as a natural

Thanks for sharing!

It's so funny you mentioned roller setting because I was just doing searches this morning trying to find pictures of rollersets at my length. I don't want to look like a granny LOL. But I'm going to try it out and see how it looks.

Thanks so much!!

Nice progress......your hair looks so full. Now, if only I could get my layers to grow out like your with the fullness you have.....:gorgeous::cloud9:

Thank you! The MSM helps with fullness.

With weekly heat usage, you made great progress. I can see clearly that your hair is thicker and longer which normally wouldn't be the case on most women's heads.

Very nice progress! It is definitely longer and fuller. I'm relaxed, and a weekly heat user, but I'm now cutting back on the direct heat until September.

http://i29.tinypic.com/20h28mo.jpg
@Hairsnob After I air dry i put on something like this overnight and my hair comes out pretty straight in the morning.

Nix08 Thanks! How do you wear your hair daily? Do you rollerset?

With weekly heat usage, you made great progress. I can see clearly that your hair is thicker and longer which normally wouldn't be the case on most women's heads.

Thanks, it was depressing thinking it should be much more but considering how often I use heat I have to be glad about it.

I think once it gets a little longer I'll use less heat because I could just throw a headband on and not worry about having as much curl... Hopefully!!

Hairsnob I mainly just put it up in claw clips (as I'm home on mat leave) however I've been experimenting with styles. I air dry with a headband, sleep in that cap thing, then the next day my hair is straight I can then use caruso rollers, or I tried shtow's flexirod tutorial and was able to use that cap and get curls for 2 days and then pin curl for curls the 3rd day. The 'sock cap thingy" leaves my air straight with a very slight wave which I can wear as well. For me that 'sock cap thing' works wonders. They have the official ones at SatinSakks I just have a very cheap version. I may get the satinsakks one though because as my hair grows it's needing more room. I read someone say the satinsakks one is long enough for their BSL hair.

@Hairsnob I mainly just put it up in claw clips (as I'm home on mat leave) however I've been experimenting with styles. I air dry with a headband, sleep in that cap thing, then the next day my hair is straight I can then use caruso rollers, or I tried shtow's flexirod tutorial and was able to use that cap and get curls for 2 days and then pin curl for curls the 3rd day. The 'sock cap thingy" leaves my air straight with a very slight wave which I can wear as well. For me that 'sock cap thing' works wonders. They have the official ones at SatinSakks I just have a very cheap version. I may get the satinsakks one though because as my hair grows it's needing more room. I read someone say the satinsakks one is long enough for their BSL hair.

Nix08 You've given me some good ideas because I don't mind using flexi-rods and it's amazing how they curl your hair so well. As a matter of fact, I saw Shtow's tutorial on those also and that's why I went out and bought them. However, I never thought of using them on hair that was air dried and not flat ironed. I'm gonna practice pincurling also.

Thanks so much!

It's so funny you mentioned roller setting because I was just doing searches this morning trying to find pictures of rollersets at my length. I don't want to look like a granny LOL. But I'm going to try it out and see how it looks.

Thanks so much!!

Thank you! The MSM helps with fullness.

Girrrrl, rollersetting has given me the best hair! I used to think that equaled granny hair, but noooo. I retained all of my length when I was relaxed just by rollersetting. I rarely used a flat iron. But there are ladies who use heat weekly with maximum retention. So don't settle! Just tweak your methods and get what you really want. :yep:

Last edited:
Nice progress and keep up the good work from another weekly low-heat user. When summer rolls in I will be using less heat to no heat.

Girrrrl, rollersetting has given me the best hair! I used to think that equaled granny hair, but noooo. I retained all of my length when I was relaxed just by rollersetting. I rarely used a flat iron. But there are ladies who use heat weekly with maximum retention. So don't settle! Just tweak your methods and get what you really want. :yep:

I'm definitely going to do the rollersetting and see how that works. I usually bun during the week and flat-iron after a wash only. But I'm getting tired of looking drab during the week so that's why I want to get into rollersetting or pincurling.

Thanks!!

Nice progress and keep up the good work from another weekly low-heat user. When summer rolls in I will be using less heat to no heat.

I'm gonna be right there with you this summer, hopefully using much less heat too!! I know I'm a heat junkie so I can't say none LOL.

Thanks!

Back