Eggs made my hair thicker

I love egg treatments. I used an egg, Lustrasilk shea butter condish, olive oil and a package of knox gelatin for mine, I do it about every 6 weeks or so. My hair is super thick, soft and strong. I can't stand anyother hard protein treatment, this one is def a keeper!

I used to do this on a regular. I don't know why I haven't thought to start back doing this sooner.

Thanks for posting this thread!

If anyone is interested I just posted a recipe for a great protein rich conditioner in my giving back to the boards thread.it's called:

Banana/Avocado Conditioner

Just trying to give back. :-)

Enjoy!

I love egg treatments. I used an egg, Lustrasilk shea butter condish, olive oil and a package of knox gelatin for mine, I do it about every 6 weeks or so. My hair is super thick, soft and strong. I can't stand anyother hard protein treatment, this one is def a keeper!

your mix sounds awesome!:yep: I am going to add an packet of gelatin to my mix at my next wash and see how it turns out.

I most certainly agree :yep:. When I started doing mayo treatments (which contain eggs) I noticed my hair had more volume.

P.S. Cool t-shirt in your avi, btw. And love the dress in your siggie ;).

Yea eggs are a great direct, protein. I normally mix 'em with some conditioner.

I remember way back in the day when my mom would put eggs in me and my sis's hair...but we never knew why. Heh...she never bothered to tell us either!

Gotta luv moms. My hair flourished when my mom was caring for me, and when she left me to my own devices it slowly started breaking off :perplexed.

I feel like this is Egg Week on LHCF, LOL. Everywhere I turn, someone's raving about how awesome eggs are. I gotta try this.

Question for you ladies: I'm in kinky twists right now, do you think it would be okay to try an egg pre-poo? Would it be too difficult to properly wash the egg mixture out of the twists? TIA

I feel like this is Egg Week on LHCF, LOL. Everywhere I turn, someone's raving about how awesome eggs are. I gotta try this.

Question for you ladies: I'm in kinky twists right now, do you think it would be okay to try an egg pre-poo? Would it be too difficult to properly wash the egg mixture out of the twists? TIA
Hey there sweetie,
I would honestly wait and do it once out of braids for fear of not being able to get all of the egg rinsed out properly.

I am going to try this Thursday.....how does this mix sound?
Egg or 2
LeKair Plus
EVOO/Castro or Coconut
.....I wanna use this as a prepoo which I have never done. I will DC after everything. Is that too much or what?

I am going to try this Thursday.....how does this mix sound?
Egg or 2
LeKair Plus
EVOO/Castro or Coconut
.....I wanna use this as a prepoo which I have never done. I will DC after everything. Is that too much or what?

I think it's a little too much protein for me Ms B. The LeKair Plus and the eggs are a little too much protein for me.

Okay, so I have done this now two different ways and both worked very well.

1. Applied a beaten egg to my damp hair as prepoo. Cover with shower cap for minimum of 30 minutes. Shampoo or Co-wash with cool water, then DC treatment of choice. Follow up with ACV rinse and scalp massage. Rinse all of mixture will cool water.

2.Shampoo or co-wash hair. Blend DC treatment (mine includes DC of choice, 1TBL Avo oil, 1-2 TBL coconut oil, 1TBL jojoba oil, (warm mixture for 10-15 seconds in microwave), then add 1-2TBL honey(humectant & **bling**) and 1-2 beaten eggs [PLEASE ADD EGGS AFTER WARMING CONDISH BLEND--NOT BEFORE]. Cover with shower cap for minimum of 45 minutes. Follow up with ACV rinse and scalp massage. Rinse or cowash with cool water.

Both options worked very well, it's just a matter of how much time you have and what is most convenient.

This egg protein is a KEEPER for sure!

I recently did an egg treatment pre shampoo then and apple cider vinegar rinse( half vinegar/half water) after shampoo, b4 conditioner and my hair was sooo moisturized and easy to flat iron, it was lovely! Im hooked on using foods rather then always relying on bottled products for my hair, way less chemicals, its cheaper and it just makes you feel good!

Ok I think I'm pretty convinced now. I'm definately retaining more moisture with the addition of weekly egg treatments :yep: It's been about a month now and I can see a difference. I haven't made too many changes to my regimen, only the addition of Moisture Milks in the last few days.

I tried this last night. I used 1 and half eggs (my hair is thick) to make sure my entire head was saturated. I left it on for about 30 minutes. Followed by a co-was with V05 conditioner. I then deep conditioned with Eulence and a Cholestorl Conditoner. My hair felt pretty good. It was severly dry prior to trying this. I had not been doing any protein and I think doing the egg treatment once a week will add balance to my hair.

I currently have some left over ORS Mayo, one egg, honey, and olive oil in my hair right now. I cowashed with V05 Free Me Freesia with a drop of salt in it. Depending on how my hair feels when I rinse I'll DC with Suave humectant with soem oil mixed in.

I forgot about eggs. I used to do them a lot when I was relaxed but stopped for some reason...I loved the way my hair turned out after treatments. Imma have to step my eye game up

Even though I used cool water to rinse I still had lil white bits and had to add conditioner to rinse it out properly. Could it be from the cap I had on my head for an hour and a half? Could my body heat have cooked the eggs?

I recently did an egg treatment pre shampoo then and apple cider vinegar rinse( half vinegar/half water) after shampoo, b4 conditioner and my hair was sooo moisturized and easy to flat iron, it was lovely! Im hooked on using foods rather then always relying on bottled products for my hair, way less chemicals, its cheaper and it just makes you feel good!

...I forgot to mention this. It made my roots lay perfectly flat. Gotta love that!

Even though I used cool water to rinse I still had lil white bits and had to add conditioner to rinse it out properly. Could it be from the cap I had on my head for an hour and a half? Could my body heat have cooked the eggs?

..this is possible. I actually had little white bits for the first time yesterday, but only two small bits. HILARIOUS!

Ok, so I used 2 eggs, some conditioner, 2 tbsp castor oil, 2 tbsp evoo, 2 tbsp jojoba oil applied to hair. left on for 35 min. then washed with hair 1 poo, applied kenra moist con. my hair began to shed ALOT while combing!!! then I did an acv rinse. My hair was hard as a brick!! So then I applied silk elements megasilk leave in. Still hard!! But once I dried my hair is was quite thick! But it was shedding again!!! What did I do wrong?????

Back