Edge & nape progress & experiement

PassionFruit

Im going out on a limb... I see a lot of women proclaim they have the worse edge & nape problem ever but no one ever posts pics... likely out of some sort of embarassment...

my edges were BALD in January when I did my BC and I post these pics that may look bad to some as a sort of encouragement... I have very little progress but it is SOMETHING...These pics show progress because my edges were in a LOT worse shape than this

The length of my hair is doing well but i wanted to take a few weeks to concentrate on JUST my edges & nape so I opted for these Senegalese braids ( I didnt let the stylist pull my fragile edges in and the braids are very lose) .... plan to keep em in 2 or 3 weeks... still do co-washes but with an AVC rinse instead of conditioner... and I will spray my roots with Surge, my hair at least twice a day...once with my aloe/glycerin mix, once with my Fenugreek/coconut milk mixture..

my edges, once daily I will use my MN/Sulfur mix and once daily I will use aloe gel... both times I will coat with castor/coconut oil mix...

DCAM0090edit.jpg

DCAM0091.jpg

DCAM0089.jpg

DCAM0088.jpg

I did the best pic taking I could do with my camcorder cuz I cant find my camera at the moment.. will try & take clearer pics for my fotki later

I tried taking pics of my nape but they didn't come out clear. However, when I started posting on the site (Feb.22), my nape looked like your edges. Now, I've seen some progress since I started using my MN/Sulfur8 mix. (now, I can atleast pinch the hair with my fingers. Not long enough to braid yet but I'm optimistic that it will be by July or August).

Good luck and Happy Hair Growing!

I tried taking pics of my nape but they didn't come out clear. However, when I started posting on the site (Feb.22), my nape looked like your edges. Now, I've seen some progress since I started using my MN/Sulfur8 mix. (now, I can atleast pinch the hair with my fingers. Not long enough to braid yet but I'm optimistic that it will be by July or August).

Good luck and Happy Hair Growing!

yeah, the bun is covering my nape but for the most part its growing a lot faster than my edges...

Your Senegalese braids are very pretty. Good luck with growing out your edges and nape. I look forward to your updates.

Im going out on a limb... I see a lot of women proclaim they have the worse edge & nape problem ever but no one ever posts pics... likely out of some sort of embarassment...

my edges were BALD in January when I did my BC and I post these pics that may look bad to some as a sort of encouragement... I have very little progress but it is SOMETHING...These pics show progress because my edges were in a LOT worse shape than this

The length of my hair is doing well but i wanted to take a few weeks to concentrate on JUST my edges & nape so I opted for these Senegalese braids ( I didnt let the stylist pull my fragile edges in and the braids are very lose) .... plan to keep em in 2 or 3 weeks... still do co-washes but with an AVC rinse instead of conditioner... and I will spray my roots with Surge, my hair at least twice a day...once with my aloe/glycerin mix, once with my Fenugreek/coconut milk mixture..

my edges, once daily I will use my MN/Sulfur mix and once daily I will use aloe gel... both times I will coat with castor/coconut oil mix...

DCAM0090edit.jpg

DCAM0091.jpg

DCAM0089.jpg

DCAM0088.jpg

I did the best pic taking I could do with my camcorder cuz I cant find my camera at the moment.. will try & take clearer pics for my fotki later

Try KitiKiti scalp and skin treatment. I have a pictur posted in the original thread.

Back