DSD, thank you for explaining tree braids!!!

bettydavis

I showed my sis your pics, and she figured out how to do them, this is the first time I've ever had it done like this but I really like it. I used human hair extensions, less than 2 packs. I haven't had straight hair in a long time so it's a nice change. The pics are in my braids album....just wanted to thank you again, I never knew of this technique before. It was so nice of you to show it in such detail.
smile.gif

I'm really irritated that everyone is getting these and I'm stuck like some kinda suker with my raggady lil singles! Lol, they look great Betty!

LOL Cat eyed cutie, that's how I was feeling too...I had to try something new, but you know, singles can look cute too!! Btw I checked out your album and your hair is coming along great!! Thank you and NGC for the compliments...:)

I convinced my friend to do some tree braids for me for the summer. I love weave! I get to experiment with texture and color. also length but i think i want them shorter than my natural hair and less curly and a little along the blonde side.

Thank you ladies!! I love being able to experiment with different styles too Bellydancer, plus I get to pull out my curling iron again and I don't have to worry about damaging my real hair...
grin.gif

Badkitty, I used silky yaky hair, 18", I got one pack of 4 and one 27, and mixed them together. It's actually 2 different brands: Golden Queen and Glamorous, but they are both human hair and blended well together.

Your hair looks GREAT betty
I just asked my friend if she could do mine, so I think I should have them by Fri, next week
smile.gif

Also, I Love that color....

Wow, Betty Davis! Your hair looks great! You are too sweet to put a post up. I am glad that my explainations and pictures helped you achieve this style. You will love the simplicity of it! HHG

Thanks so much for the compliments ladies, I appreciate it...
smile.gif

SweetNic, it took about 6-7 hours if you minus all the breaks we took...it took her a while to get the hang of it at first, but once she got it it went a lot faster. I really respect people who can cornrow well cause i STILL can't get the hang of it...you did an excellent job on your sister's hair!!

You're so right DSD, this style is so easy to maintain...I'm totally loving it!!! Your album is awesome, thank you for being such a great help to us all here.
smile.gif

Oh! We always called those "hidden braids"! Those were the very first braids I ever wore, and thought I was surely the bomb! They are hella fun, although they hurt my head more than indies, but the versatility of switching styles (straight one week, curly the next, then waves, etc.) as well as color is sweet!

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
You're so right DSD, this style is so easy to maintain...I'm totally loving it!!! Your album is awesome, thank you for being such a great help to us all here.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad you like it! And you are so very welcome
smile.gif

Betty,
I can't get in to see your pics. I got into your other album but I couldn't get into braids. Anyway please PM me with how you do tree braids, what they are and how long it to get them done. Thanks bunches!!!1

That style is off the hook! I'm gonna start asking around to find a braider in DC that will do tree braids for a reasonable price!

Betty, I have a question: How come the 18" hair wasn't too short? Usually for cornrows, they double the hairs and braid down, so I'm just wondering how she did it without doubling the hair, and make it look long. Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
mermaid said:
Oh! We always called those "hidden braids"! Those were the very first braids I ever wore, and thought I was surely the bomb! They are hella fun, although they hurt my head more than indies, but the versatility of switching styles (straight one week, curly the next, then waves, etc.) as well as color is sweet!

[/ QUOTE ]

They ARE fun!! But they did hurt my head a bit more than the individuals...it's okay though cause now they've loosened up a bit...
smile.gif

Someone please brak it down for me. your cornrow and As you corn row you ad human hair as you do? how do you get it to stay?

[ QUOTE ]
TBird said:
Betty,
I can't get in to see your pics. I got into your other album but I couldn't get into braids. Anyway please PM me with how you do tree braids, what they are and how long it to get them done. Thanks bunches!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder why you couldn't get in, did you try it with the password? It should work. Since other people have asked me too I'll try to explain it here the best I can. This style is done with tiny cornrows, I also have a few rows of individuals at the back. My sister added the hair to the cornrows as she braided it. She likes the hair separated in 3 strands, I would pass her the strands and she added them bit by bit as she was doing each cornrow. It took about 6-7 hours but it was her first time doing them, I'm sure it could be done in less time.

[ QUOTE ]
inkysphinx said:
That style is off the hook! I'm gonna start asking around to find a braider in DC that will do tree braids for a reasonable price!

Betty, I have a question: How come the 18" hair wasn't too short? Usually for cornrows, they double the hairs and braid down, so I'm just wondering how she did it without doubling the hair, and make it look long. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Inky, the hair I used IS doubled...it ends up looking layered but kind of long on me....I always suspected I had a small head and I actaully measured it when I was looking at a wig site to see what size I'd be...my head was smaller than the smallest size, lol!!

[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
Someone please brak it down for me. your cornrow and As you corn row you ad human hair as you do? how do you get it to stay?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there are different techniques. I tried to explain the knotting to my sister but she didn't get it....instead she braided it in the same way she would add an individual, only she was adding it mid-cornrow. Add hair, braid it in, leave strands out.

Back