Dry New Growth

Fashionista

I have a hair dilemma. My new growth tends to be dry and the products I use to try to keep it moisturized usually makes the situation worse by causing build up. Does anyone know of a product that I can use btwn washes to moisturize my new growth w/out the negative effects?

I think I've used every moisturizer in the store--maybe I can help...
What moisturizers are you using now? How often do you shampoo?

What keeps my new growth soft, managable and (undried) /images/graemlins/crazy.gif are the essential oils i use. i currently use Wild grow oil w/couple drops of rosemary to hide the scent. but the scent might not bother you. other oils ive used are jojoba oil & olive oil and wheat germ oil with a little vit e oil. i oil my scalp twice or 3 times a week. I shampoo once a week.
None have ever 'build up' on my scalp.

hope that helped.

Terri /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DRY NEWGROWTH
<font color="blue"> Dry New Growth was a problem for me in the past. The best way to battle it is properly conditioning your hair with a moisturizing conditioner. And wet setting it with a moisturizing cream (I use carrot oil from ors).
</font color> GOOD LUCK

Try doing deep conditioners w/every wash (under dryer for 20 min). ORS Carrot oil or Olive Oil work very well for moisturizing the hair as well.

I can also testify to the S-curl No-Drip Curl Activator. It has been my saving grace. I am on week 8 of this relaxer and don't plan to relax for another month. Using this everyday really makes my hair soft, resulting in no breakage. I wear my hair in a bun everyday so I'm not actually styling my hair with this stuff. Option 1 will be better for you on the days when u wear your hair out. HTH

Armyqt,

I just wanted to tell you I LOVE your hair. What color (if any) do you have on your hair? I also use the ORS Carrot Oil for moisturizing and it works great esp. on wet hair.

I usually spray my hair with a leave in conditioner such as....Ultra Black Hair Dew, Professional Rx, Bio by Bath &amp; Body Works or Arosci. Right now, I'm on the Arosci. Once I spray hair, even my edges, I comb it with a wide tooth comb and go over with a fine tooth comb. By morning, my edges are extra straight, my roots are soft and straighter. Its very important to wrap hair very neatly after spraying with a leave in conditioner which first ingredient's water because if not, your hair will frizz, if you do it right, your hair should look as if you just left the hair salon each and everyday.

Hi Ms Kenesha, thanks for the compliment. To answer your question, NO, I don't have any color on my hair. I applied the sebastian colourshines in clear and I loved it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Sassygirl I went to Carol's Daughter today and found exactly what I needed in the Hair Milk (how ironic). It's not too oily it feels like lotion and my new growth just said AAHHHH! when I applied the Milk /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I know you and a couple of other members did not like the Milk because you thought it was to oily but I've noticed with her body products you have to play a game of chance that you purchase a good batch because I bought the same product two separate times and the consistency was different but I guess that's what happens when the products are hand made.

Thanks for the tip.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I went to Carol's Daughter today and found exactly what I needed in the Hair Milk (how ironic). It's not too oily it feels like lotion and my new growth just said AAHHHH! when I applied the Milk

[/ QUOTE ]

One pj's junk is another pj's treasure! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
When I applied the Hair Milk my new growth says, "Please stop! I'm drowning!" I have a full bottle and a partially used bottle that you can have if you can cover the shipping costs. I think priority mail is $3-$4...
Someone help me--I have no idea how to contact members away from this forum!

I know what you mean about the consistency of homemade products. I've ordered three jars of the Healthy HB and each one has been different! The first one was very loose, the second was real stiff and the last one was like creamy cake icing. Whatever--it works!

Back