*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I wouldn't chance the raw egg, because with my luck I would eat the 30,000 egg and get extremely sick. I do however eat boiled eggs at least three times a week and a breakfast shake which has protein in it. I do this more the convience in the mornings, but I could see myself going to get whey protein and adding it to my breakfast shake.

You know what I need to do, challenge myself to the egg/protein breakfast for about a month or so and report back. Will let you ladies know.

I read through all sixteen pages and I am really interested in hearing about the results you guys experience. Keep up with the progress.

I wouldn't chance the raw egg, because with my luck I would eat the 30,000 egg and get extremely sick. I do however eat boiled eggs at least three times a week and a breakfast shake which has protein in it. I do this more the convience in the mornings, but I could see myself going to get whey protein and adding it to my breakfast shake.

You know what I need to do, challenge myself to the egg/protein breakfast for about a month or so and report back. Will let you ladies know.
We'll be waiting....:yep:

I read through all sixteen pages and I am really interested in hearing about the results you guys experience. Keep up with the progress.
Thanks, we shall!

:grin:THAT BOOK WENT UP TO 62.00 :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:AND I STILL WANT IT!!!!!! I BEEN AWAY ABOUT A WEEK :crying3:, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE ON THIS BOARD.:yep: TRYING TO FIND THIS BOOK.

Checking in.
Day 3 of the milk shakes.
The egg replacement is "different" I actually tried a real
egg today. I stopped by WF and got a pack of organic; cage free; vegetarian fed brown eggs. Soo.....made the shake and drank it.
Slimy...yet satisfying (JK....). I took 2 probiotics instead of the usual 1; just to be on the safe side.

Does anyone know how long before I notice anything.
What signs should I expect from my body to show that I am
reaping benefits?

:grin:THAT BOOK WENT UP TO 62.00 :ohwell: :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:AND I STILL WANT IT!!!!!! I BEEN AWAY ABOUT A WEEK :crying3:, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE ON THIS BOARD.:yep: TRYING TO FIND THIS BOOK.
Girl, all the cool kids have one, don't ya know?:lachen:

Checking in.
Day 3 of the milk shakes.
The egg replacement is "different" I actually tried a real
egg today. I stopped by WF and got a pack of organic; cage free; vegetarian fed brown eggs. Soo.....made the shake and drank it.
Slimy...My mix has never been slimy..did you blend or just mix...blending is the best, you can't taste or feel the texture of the egg... oh yeah, did you add fruit? sometimes i forget and my shake is still fine. yet satisfying (JK....). I took 2 probiotics instead of the usual 1; just to be on the safe side. My mix is genuinely like a protein shake...just kinda thin...i use 2% milk, but I have also used soy....

Does anyone know how long before I notice anything. in all fairness, give it a month...
What signs should I expect from my body to show that I am
reaping benefits?
I felt more energized...less fatigued. It should take a month before you see the results in your hair...your nails and skin should begin to look better and you may slim down, build muscle tone in a couple of weeks. These were my results...

I think you'll notice the difference, for sure...just hang in there, PuffyBrown, hang in there....i'm in it for 3 months so I can REALLY see some progress, ya know?

Egg and Hair Loss Recipe...

Use 2 eggs for short hair and 4 eggs for longer hair. Crack each egg lightly on the edge of a large bowl. As you crack the egg, turn it upright and separate the shell in half. Keep the egg yolk in the bottom half.
Step2Pour the egg yolk back and forth between each half of the shell while holding your hands over the bowl. Allow the egg white to spill into the bowl, but keep as much of the egg yolk in the shell as possible. Continue this motion until the egg white has been emptied into the bowl.
Step3Dump the egg yolk into a separate large bowl. Repeat this process for the remaining eggs. Add about 3 tbsps. of almond or sesame oil and a dash of lemon for each egg to the bowl. Mix well with a whisk.
Step4Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner. While your hair is still damp, gently massage the egg mixture into your scalp. Cover the entire length of each strand of hair.
Step5Wrap your hair in a plastic shower cap or dry towel. Let this mixture stand on your hair for about 30 to 45 minutes. The warmth of this extra layer will allow the mixture to infiltrate each strand. Rinse the mixture from your hair and repeat as necessary.

:grin:THAT BOOK WENT UP TO 62.00 :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:AND I STILL WANT IT!!!!!! I BEEN AWAY ABOUT A WEEK :crying3:, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE ON THIS BOARD.:yep: TRYING TO FIND THIS BOOK.

Don't do it Ms. Cicly! :lachen: I got the book just last week. When I went to purchase it on site listed in this thread (I think it was Amazon) it was about that prices. Do a search on Amazon and you will find it cheaper. I got mines for $1 S/H was an extra $3.99!

Last edited:
Girl, all the cool kids have one, don't ya know?:lachen:

I felt more energized...less fatigued. It should take a month before you see the results in your hair...your nails and skin should begin to look better and you may slim down, build muscle tone in a couple of weeks. These were my results...

I think you'll notice the difference, for sure...just hang in there, PuffyBrown, hang in there....i'm in it for 3 months so I can REALLY see some progress, ya know?

Naw girl....it wasn't slimy for real...the Lion King just got stuck in my head at that one....remember Simba had to change from meat to bugs? :look:...anyhoo.... Okay, a month...:lachen:

Girl, I just bought that book for $1.99. I paid 3.99 for shipping. Did you see the link I posted earlier? They had about 15 at a decent price. You better not pay that much money for that book.

Yup, I'd drink them in the form of egg nog if I had to but I don't eat eggs so have to find another way to get my protein.

For those who are drinking whey protein with milk, I found this VERY useful piece of info

mixing your whey protein with milk totally defeats the whole purpose of the supplement.

milk proteins (whey and casein) are removed from dairy to make them high in protein and as low in calories and sugars as possible. this causes them to be rapidly metabolized when consumed with water. when consumed like this amino acids from them can reach the portal bloodstream in 15-20 minutes as compared to 90 minutes with skim milk or longer with whole milk due to the fats.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...H2fDnEUjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20071219141346AAhIYcw

I’m starting to notice the egg effect! I had serious breakage issues with my hair for a VERY LONG TIME and nothing I did stopped this. Well yesterday I notice that only a quarter of my normal (if you can call it that) breakage occurred. And on top of that I am 5 months post!

I’m starting to notice the egg effect! I had serious breakage issues with my hair for a VERY LONG TIME and nothing I did stopped this. Well yesterday I notice that only a quarter of my normal (if you can call it that) breakage occurred. And on top of that I am 5 months post!

Awesome, MonaRae, that is very substantial...has it been, what, 3 days? 4 days? Good going. I also had some shedding and breakage, but I haven't had any all this week, could this be attributed to cocktail, too? I never thought about it. I did figure maybe it was because I did a dc, but I do this every week, so maybe the cocktail helped me as well. Thanks for the observation. I am 10 months post....

Congrats.

Okay so do protein shakes work as well? I won't gain weight from extra protein intake will I? I may be mistaken, but don't folks eat a lot of protein in order to bulk up? I may have gotten something mixed up.

Okay so do protein shakes work as well? I won't gain weight from extra protein intake will I? I may be mistaken, but don't folks eat a lot of protein in order to bulk up? I may have gotten something mixed up. you'll only gain weight if you eat a meal while drinking the shake. the protein should substitute for a meal and can be taken as a snack, but it needs to be low-cal, hi-pro. you can't overeat and drink multiple shakes, you may bulk up. A daily shake as breakfast or at bedtime should not cause weight gain. this is my regimen and it actually helps with slimming down.

[/quote]
hope this helps!

Thats what I was thinking. I replaced my b4 bed bowl of cherios for the shake.

Okay so do protein shakes work as well? I won't gain weight from extra protein intake will I? I may be mistaken, but don't folks eat a lot of protein in order to bulk up? I may have gotten something mixed up. you'll only gain weight if you eat a meal while drinking the shake. the protein should substitute for a meal and can be taken as a snack, but it needs to be low-cal, hi-pro. you can't overeat and drink multiple shakes, you may bulk up. A daily shake as breakfast or at bedtime should not cause weight gain. this is my regimen and it actually helps with slimming down.

[/quote]
hope this helps!

I found this book, "The Natural Way to Super Beauty," at a fleamarket, and was hooked. I had to get it, it sums me up in sooo many ways. It was all of 50 cents. As some of you may know, I am healed of alopecia and on the path to regain 7 times what the devil stole from me. Literally. Anyway, this book was written in the 70s and was way ahead of its time. The author gives information regarding natural remedies for skin, hair, weight, etc, - the benefits of sulfur, protein, ph balancing, you name it. She refers to a recipe for regrowing thick, lush hair. I have enclosed it below.

This recipe comes from the book, "How I Stopped Growing Bald and Started Growing Hair," I tried this drink for about two months 4 years ago. I happened upon an old photo and I thought, "Man my hair looked gorgeous! So long, lushfully thick, full and shiny! What was I doing then?" Then I remembered it was the time when I was drinking this shake daily. You know how sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees? Well, I think that sums up how I could not see how gorgeous my own hair was for always looking at someone else's. I'd get compliments daily and just roll my eyes, like, do you see these split endz? Lesson learned ~ to appreciate what God blessed you with...

Anyway, I thought I'd share it, because it is also helpful in those dealing with hairloss. That's what led me to find LHCF, so I give this back to you with love.

I pray that you guys find much benefit from it and it rejuvenates, replenishes and restores your follicles and blesses you from the top of your head to the very soles of your feet!

Hair Cocktail Ingredients:
3/4 glass of whole milk (I used SilkSoy Vanilla)
1 raw egg
1 tblspn raw wheat germ oil
2 tblspns raw wheat germ
for flavor, you may add a piece of fruit in season

blend at low speed for thirty to sixty seconds. drink this blended mixture promptly. this drink should serve as your complete breakfast. do not eat or drink anything else for two hours after drinking this mixture. keep all ingredients refrigerated until use. once you notice the changes in your hair you may cut down on the daily intake of the hair cocktail and take it only twice a week. ofcourse, since it is a healthful drink, you may prefer to continue taking it indefinitely.

Believe it or not, the drink was not so bad. Even the raw egg bit :sad:. It really just tasted like a protein shake. I felt energized after taking it and I think I buffed up and slimmed down. So there you have it. I will start this new regimen on Monday, October 5th.

Be Blessed, I am!
~*Br*nze*~

it seems that the raw egg is really good for you, but what does the wheat germ do?

Last edited:
Here, Hon, are the benefits of Wheat Germ....enjoy (long reading)

The Super Food In Wheat
"Wheat germ" is a nutritious super food, rich in vitamin B complex, vitamin E, enzymes, minerals and more.
The "germ" is the most nutritious portion of the wheat kernel and makes up only about 2 1/2 % of its weight. Wheat germ is the reproductive area or embryo from which the seed germinates to form the sprout that becomes the green wheat grass. (The term "germ" comes from the word germinate, and does not refer to "germs" such as bacteria and viruses.)
Wheat germ is usually separated from the bran and starch during the milling of flour because the germ's perishable oil content limits the keeping time of the flour. Wheat germ contains very little of the sticky gluten protein to which many with wheat allergy react.
To get the full benefit of wheat germ, it needs to be raw and truly fresh.
Wheat Germ Contents & Benefits

Octacosanol
Wheat germ is the highest source among few foods containing Octacosanol, a group of long-chain food molecules that benefit the body in many ways.
Octacosanol has been found to:
  • lower blood levels of cholesterol
  • improve energy storage in muscles
  • enhance performance, endurance and stamina, even at high altitudes
  • quicken reflexes
  • spark alertness
  • improve oxygen utilization
  • balance metabolism
  • increase ability to handle stress
Vitamin E
Wheat germ is the highest food in vitamin E complex (including all three tocopherols, not just the alpha, which is all that most "vitamin E" supplements have.) -- Tocopherols are natural antioxidants that help prevent heart disease, cancer & aging.
Vitamin E protects the muscles, blood, lungs, & eyes; prevents blood clots; and strengthens the immune system.
An adequate amount of vitamin E lowers the risk of heart disease between 1/3 & 1/2. (Study at Harvard Univ. School of Public Health)
A deficiency can cause ischemic heart disease (study by World Health Org.), sterility, impotence, miscarriage, loss of vitality, arthritis and paralysis.
NOTE: Synthetic vitamin E is named dl'alpha tocopherol. The "l" following the d refers to the left rotation of its molecules, the mirror image of the right rotation of the natural molecules. Not only is the synthetic E much less effective in the body (only 5 to 20% as much biological activity), it has been show to block absorption of the natural E from food (New York Academy of Sciences -- 1988 Conference on vitamin E).
Synthetic vitamin E is usually made from petroleum, turpentine, sugar and artificial preservatives. The body definitely can tell the difference.

B Vitamins
Wheat germs is one of highest foods in B-complex vitamins, good for metabolism & handling stress. It is especially high in B-6 & folic acid which lower homocysteine levels, preventing arterial damage. B vitamins are needed for energy, digestion, nerves, muscles, skin & hair, organs, growth and repair of tissues, and more.

Protein

Wheat germ is abundantly rich in Protein (28.9%). High quality protein is absolutely essential for repair of tissues and for carrying minerals and other nutrients into cells.
The highly-cooked, poorly-digested protein foods most people consume still leave them with a deficiency of good protein to meet the body's needs.

Other Nutrients in Wheat Germ
~ good source of Vitamin A (Beta Carotene) & enzymes
~ two tablespoons (about 25 grams) per day provides the RDA of chromium & manganese
~ provides these and other minerals in highly absorbable organically-bonded form

My book came in the mail yesterday, I couldn't stop reading it...until I fell asleep.

I really like her whole approach to health in general. It's funny. because the majority of the stuff she was writing about, are things that have been discussed here before.

Diet Diet Diet!! If your insides aren't right, then your hair won't be right either.

For anyone who can't get the book, she mentions mainly Brewers Yeast, Low fat high protein sources, wheat germ and wheat germ oil, consuming raw fruits and veggies, sprouted breads, lecithin, B complex, eggs--raw and cooked, lo-no sugar, molasses.

For hair care--protein shampoo/conditioner, no chemical, clean scalp, and no heat.

My book came in the mail yesterday, I couldn't stop reading it...until I fell asleep.

I really like her whole approach to health in general. It's funny. because the majority of the stuff she was writing about, are things that have been discussed here before.

Diet Diet Diet!! If your insides aren't right, then your hair won't be right either.

For anyone who can't get the book, she mentions mainly Brewers Yeast, Low fat high protein sources, wheat germ and wheat germ oil, consuming raw fruits and veggies, sprouted breads, lecithin, B complex, eggs--raw and cooked, lo-no sugar, molasses.

For hair care--protein shampoo/conditioner, no chemical, clean scalp, and no heat.
I know, it's a must-read, but I did mention alot of the info has been heard before, but it's a great compilation of material in an easy-to-read format...I thought it was awesome, that's why I shared it with my LongHaired Sistas!

I know, it's a must-read, but I did mention alot of the info has been heard before, but it's a great compilation of material in an easy-to-read format...I thought it was awesome, that's why I shared it with my LongHaired Sistas!

Oh no!!:blush: I hope you didn't think I meant I fell asleep because it was boring! Quite the opposite, I was in bed trying to keep reading, but I literally fell asleep whilst reading lol!

I love this book, thanks again for recommending it! I agree, its def a great compilation of natural health stuff to know. My mom was way into this deal in the 70's and I asked her if she ever read it/heard of it, and she was like "No, I only read things about black people"..haha..thats Black Power for ya.

Oh no!!:blush: I hope you didn't think I meant I fell asleep because it was boring! No, no! I didn't think that...when you keep reading until you fall asleep, that sounds like quite a page-turner to me....I totally understood what you meant. Quite the opposite, I was in bed trying to keep reading, LOL! You sound like me, I kept the book in my purse and read it every chance i had...my poor book is so tattered and torn (it's held together with yellow masking tape as we speak), it was basically in brand-new condition when i got it! but I literally fell asleep whilst reading lol!

I love this book, thanks again for recommending it! I agree, its def a great compilation of natural health stuff to know. My mom was way into this deal in the 70's and I asked her if she ever read it/heard of it, and she was like "No, I only read things about black people"..haha..thats Black Power for ya.
The Obama Revolution Will Be Televised...All Power To The People! *raises fist clothed in red, black and green...* HaHaaaa!

another good day, how's it going, ladies? i wanna try that egg yolk in hair roots thing that i posted a couple of days ago, that sounds pretty effective...strengthening the follicles and hair roots seem to be the end result...i haven't tried raw egg in hair, so i figure, since i'm drinking it, may as well put it on my nails, hair and skin...lol! and i'm serious. :look:

Back