Don't use Goya Coconut Cream ICK!

Energee

I use the Thai brand Coconut Milk on my hair but picked up some Goya Coconut cream to try out as well. I use this to pre-poo with and LOVE IT! However, the Goya is terrible....I guess it would have helped if I had read the ingredients list before putting it on my hair....lol. Well, it was a drippy, sticky mess. I couldn't control the dripping and it just made my hair feel hard and sticky...even after I washed it out.
I did a 'corrective wash' afterwards to straighten that mess out...used coconut milk to saturate overnight (the coconut milk doesn't run and drip..it just sits on my hair...I apply it with a brush to my ng and run it throughout my hair) and then woke up extra early to wash and rollerset on Monday. Result: Great hair again!

Anyway, I'm sticking with the Plain coconut milk. Perhaps it was just the Goya brand but the cream didn't work well for me.

It could be that it was cream and not milk instead of the brand...but thanks for the heads up:yep:

This is true but I read that the cream was working great for some and that's why I purchased it. Perhaps they were using a different brand. When I checked the Goya ingredients...it has a lot of sugar in it and I'm sure that is what caused the drips and stickiness.

I hope someone chimes in with a good cream alternative.....:yep:.

It could also be the one that is used for pina colada. Did you look at the ingredients?

Yes, lol. When I brought it home my husband stated that to me. He said, oh they use that for drinks or shakes:yep: (He's originally from the Caribbean). I didn't look at the ingredients before..but afterwards I did and realized there was a high sugar content (2nd ingredient) and I am sure this is what caused the problem. I just picked it up and didn't think it made a difference and I ALWAYS read ingredients on everything too (since we are health conscious around here). Anyway, my mistake......lol:yep:

This happened to me too with coconut cream I had to use a moisturising conditioner to reverse it, I think its the cream not the brand I don't get this using coconut milk (same brand)

I've used the cream w/no problems. I'm wondering if it's because I mixed it w/some other stuff...

I mixed it into my anita grant rhassoul. The results were better than when using the milk for me!
I prefer the cream to milk too...I think the milk has more water in it or something. Even if I get a can of coco milk, I don't shake it. I skim all the cream off the top and use that first :yep:.

Back