Don't use Dr. Mircales!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

nap2bfree

:mad:
This product is is made by white people. They are trying to get rich off black people. I have nothin against white people. But, how can a person that does not have my type of hair know whats best for it.

I am upset by the way they market this product. Basicly what they are saiying is our hair is bad. We should have hair like theirs. They put out those crazy looking pictures of black people who let them mess up their hair for the picture. Then put a commen relaxer in it to try and make it look like it did so much.

Look at the way we advertise our relaxers. we are not putting jacked up looking people in the magazine or on the box.

Please don't support something that degrades black people.

nap2bfree

I've noticed this too. I will NEVER use their products. I hate the way they market their products.

One day I was flipping through a black hair magazine and saw their ad. There was this beautiful sister with a headfull of curly hair down to her waist. On the page with curly hair it read "Yuck" and she was making an ugly face. On the other page she was smiling and looking confidant and it read "I got a miracle" or something to that effect and her hair was relaxed.

They are really TRYING to play up the self hatred very few Blacks have with these marketing tactics. Little do they know, we are begining to accept ourselves. They also need to know many women who do relax don't do it because they hate their hair texture. So they need to do more research, dumb a$$es.

Last edited:
I hate their advertising too. Supposedly, the "inventor" of this product had the idea to create it by his wife, who's said to be Black.

I don't care so much who makes a product, as much as I care that I support companies (makers/marketers) in the Black community and quality products. I'm not sure the Dr. Miracle's is a quality product. Maybe I'm wrong. I also believe in not supporting businesses that lock out other businesses.

Re: Don't use Dr. Mircales!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I thought their advertising was very insensitive. It reminded me of something in the 40's or in some west african ads. Now that I know they are white, I'm just plain insulted.

Not only this, my friend, who has really long natural hair, used the deep intensive treatment something or other....well anyway, when she washed it out, her hair was in tangles all over. She had to cut an inch off and deep condition to get all the tangles out.

In conclusion, they are trying to use something that black women have struggled with for generations in america (trying to find our own place within a narrowly defined definition of beauty) to trick us into buying crap!

jngn said:
I've noticed this too. I will NEVER use their products. I hate the way they market their products.

One day I was flipping through a black hair magazine and saw their ad. There was this beautiful sister with a headfull of curly hair down to her waist. On the page with curly hair it read "Yuck" and she was making an ugly face. On the other page she was smiling and looking confidant and it read "I got a miracle" or something to that effect and her hair was relaxed.

They are really TRYING to play up the self hatred very few Blacks have with these marketing tactics. Little do they know, we are begining to accept ourselves. They also need to know many women who do relax don't do it because they hate their hair texture. So they need to do more research, dumb a$$es.

Yea I saw the same ad. Her hair was GORGEOUS when it was "messed up". I went to school with a girl who looked JUST LIKE THAT. Imagine having to sit right beside her. I felt like an ugly ducklin' :lol: . But back on topic. I will never support this company and I have only heard bad reviews on their products. Some even say it has taken their hair out.

There is a thread in the OT section which discusses this in depth. It also contains a link to a petition.

Awww geez.... I thought you were going to inform us about the poor/harmful ingredients of the product versus the race/ethnicity and motivation of the suppliers.... If we operated under this principle with all the products we use, we wouldn't use much.... Sigh....

P.S. wouldn't use the products anyway....

the ingredients are no good eiether,there's alcohol and mineral oil in almost all their products,the smell is the worst,its greasy than it drys the hair out,ladies don't even bother with dr.miracles mess

Ok I had never seen a Dr. Miracle add so I went to their page on the web after reading this post. I AM PISSED!!!!!!

It looks like some kind of modern day minstrel show add. The women who are supposedly in need of a miracle all have bad teeth and are posed like "coons". One of the women has a head full of beautiful locks that just need twisting. The other a fro that would look fine with a bit pick and a smile.

here is the link:
http://www.drmiracles.com/

I didnt know either so I had to search for it too. Here is the link

http://www.drmiracles.com/

Their marketing tactics are quite ridiculous. The lady with the dreads hair wasnt even messed up and the girl with the relaxer hair was just messy....not jacked. The natural chick you can tell they picked at random parts of her hair to make it look like that. Notice that the "after" pictures dont show any of these ladies

My favorite marketing scheme is this:

DR. Miracle's Thermalceutical Intensive No-Lye Relaxer - Super Strength

My greatest challenge was creating the "World's Best Relaxer" utilizing my "Feel it" Formula for those who need a little extra tingle

****DIES****

Parvathi said:
My favorite marketing scheme is this:

DR. Miracle's Thermalceutical Intensive No-Lye Relaxer - Super Strength

My greatest challenge was creating the "World's Best Relaxer" utilizing my "Feel it" Formula for those who need a little extra tingle

****DIES****

That just screams Depilatory!

Even though they've been marketing their products for years, it's obvious that some folks are still dishing out the greenbacks in spite of all their degrading marketing tactics. Sad but true.

The thing is, everyone doesn't see this for the insult that it is.....

People see this advertising and say "wow, that's me...I need to run out and buy this stuff to solve my hair problems"

:(

Funny how I never anything about this product until the other night when I was watching Jamie Foxx on BET. The woman they had in the ad messed up her lines. I didn't even think about even searching online or anywhere else for it. Cheap, non-quality advertisement = cheap, non-quality product IMO.

GodMadeMePretty said:
Funny how I never anything about this product until the other night when I was watching Jamie Foxx on BET. The woman they had in the ad messed up her lines. I didn't even think about even searching online or anywhere else for it. Cheap, non-quality advertisement = cheap, non-quality product IMO.

yes I saw this commercial for the first time tonight and I was like:mad: please no Dr. Miracles for me.

Um, maybe I'm weird because I thought they were funny. Some things you have to see the humor in and keep it moving. I know I'd never try that.... maybe other folks would see the same. Then again, maybe it works for someone... I'm rambling.

I like the temple and nape balm for my scalp massages. I don't pay much attention to comercials or ads because everyone uses the media to perpetrate their own agenda. Sorry! (runs out ducking...):lol:

Re: Don't use Dr. Miracle's!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:eek: you use the product?

well I guess it is your prerogative.

I just want to open peoples eyes to the ignorance that is out there.

I just can't support it.

nap2bfree

Awww,

So now I will have to go back to ors relaxer because I tried Dr. Miracles relaxers and I liked the results but the advertising is degrading and I also thought that a black man invented this line because on the box he said he tried it on his mother and sisters first but if indeed the maker is not black that is false advertising and I will not support falsely and degrading advertising....soooo back to my old relaxer....

ok come on now. I know the commercials are somewhat offensive but how many folks are still eating at McDonald's and Burger King? Remember them showing people of color rapping, dancing, and acting a fool over a burger? I don't know about yall but as an African/Native American woman I have NEVER shook my behind before, during, or after a meal. Remember that damned Cornpops commercial? It's a pops thang....sweet crunchy bling blaaang??? I HELL-HATED that freakin commercial. To the point that I could have burnt somebody's house down. Seriously. It was that bad. Don't eeeeeeeeeeeeven get me talking about the Just For Me kiddie relaxer commercials. Pretty lil girls singing about straight hair. Come on now. *twitch* And those damned BRATZ doll commercials... (random tangent)

Anyways, I said all of that to say this..... I'm rambling. :p :lol: It's been a day for it lol...sorry yall.

I dont care for the products but I will say this. A majority of the products we use with the exception of Carols Daughter,etc. are white owned. Even the organic products at whole foods are white owned. That isn't the reason I abstain from using products. It would have to be the marketing.

Yes I have seen fast food commercials and thought how ridiculous, but I rarely ate their in the first place. You pick your battles.

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
ok come on now. I know the commercials are somewhat offensive but how many folks are still eating at McDonald's and Burger King? Remember them showing people of color rapping, dancing, and acting a fool over a burger? I don't know about yall but as an African/Native American woman I have NEVER shook my behind before, during, or after a meal. Remember that damned Cornpops commercial? It's a pops thang....sweet crunchy bling blaaang??? I HELL-HATED that freakin commercial. To the point that I could have burnt somebody's house down. Seriously. It was that bad. Don't eeeeeeeeeeeeven get me talking about the Just For Me kiddie relaxer commercials. Pretty lil girls singing about straight hair. Come on now. *twitch* And those damned BRATZ doll commercials... (random tangent)

Anyways, I said all of that to say this..... I'm rambling. :p :lol: It's been a day for it lol...sorry yall.

I co-sign all of this. But you forgot the Kool-Aid commercials. :lol: :lachen:

goldensensation said:
I co-sign all of this. But you forgot the Kool-Aid commercials. :lol: :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I know right! LOL how bout I don't know ANYBODY that puts fruit in kool-aid... That was FUNNY to me! Girl thankya! It's been a rough day and this definitely had me cheezin.

ILuvsmuhgrass said:

Okay, that post just made my day!!!! :rofl::rofl:

FYI - The founder, Brian Marks, is married to a black woman. She is actually the model on the relaxer box. I saw it in Hype Hair or Sophisticates - one of those black hair care magazines.

I do hate the ads, as well. They make those girls hair look a mess on purpose.

But, really, I use products by white owned companies all the time. That really does not bother me.

If we are so sensitive about this, how can we still be sensitive about things, like when JC Penney (or whoever) wanted to charge more to do black women's hair. Hair is hair. They should not charge us more and who care's if the products we use are owned by some who has a different texture hair!

Haircare is haircare.

Last edited:
Back