Don't forget about cross wraps ladies.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I got reminded of this from a user on another board and I'm so glad of it. I know a lot of use look for safe and non-stressful ways to wear our hair to bed. The cross wrap works very well and it takes so much less manipulation and I don't have to worry about breakage from regular wraps. I also have a problem w/ my right temple area thinning so this is a much better alternative. I've been doing it for a while and I love it. It really does keep my hair straight.

I don't have any pics (sorry) but it's very easy to do. Just brush the hair straight back and divide into two sections like you're making ponytails only w/o the bands, cross them over and bring them around to the front of your head. Pin them in place w/ bobby pins and cover with your scarf. I just really love this and it's so much easier on my hair so I wanted to share. Talk to yall later!:D

I've been doing the cross wrap since Hairlove posted about it. I love it. Once I put my scarf on, I slide the bobby pins out.

alexstin said:
Does the CW really give the look of a wrap?
I've only been doing it on roller set hair and it definitely straightens it out which is what I want. As far as cross wrapping bone straight hair I'm not sure. I think it would be the same as a wrap but it might not be quite as smooth.

I love this. I just tried it a coiple of days ago, and it is quick and easy. Although I don't wear ,y hair out, (April Fool Challenge). I still like the look and quickness of doig it. Thanks Ladies.

Pokahontas,

I love the shiney bouncey curls. I am off to order some Silicon Mix.
You have gorgeous hair. :grin:

RZILYNT said:
Pokahontas,

I love the shiney bouncey curls. I am off to order some Silicon Mix.
You have gorgeous hair. :grin:
Thank you. Silicon Mix is the truth. I used the rinse-out and leave-in.

Pokahontas said:
Thank you. Silicon Mix is the truth. I used the rinse-out and leave-in.

Thanks for this tip :) . I stopped wrapping a long time ago for that same reason.

Whats up w/the silicon mix thing? did you leave some of the conditioner in instead of rinsing it? or is there a "leave in" version of silicone mix ? Sorry for the qst's, i'm new :look:

Allandra said:
I've been doing the cross wrap since Hairlove posted about it. I love it. Once I put my scarf on, I slide the bobby pins out.

That's a great idea. I never figured out to get rid of those pin indentations. :yep:

Thanks! I'm gonna start doing this, because I couldn't wrap my hair right if someone paid me!

I remember someone had this in their Fotki account a while back but I never fould remember who she was. Her hair was sooo pretty!

I'll have to use this method when it's time to let my hair down! Thanks for the reminder!

Pokahontas said:
I got reminded of this from a user on another board and I'm so glad of it. I know a lot of use look for safe and non-stressful ways to wear our hair to bed. The cross wrap works very well and it takes so much less manipulation and I don't have to worry about breakage from regular wraps. I also have a problem w/ my right temple area thinning so this is a much better alternative. I've been doing it for a while and I love it. It really does keep my hair straight.

I don't have any pics (sorry) but it's very easy to do. Just brush the hair straight back and divide into two sections like you're making ponytails only w/o the bands, cross them over and bring them around to the front of your head. Pin them in place w/ bobby pins and cover with your scarf. I just really love this and it's so much easier on my hair so I wanted to share. Talk to yall later!:D

I've heard this mentioned before but I never knew how this was done so thank you for the simple instructions! It sounds much safer than a regular wrap in that it is less manipulation. I will try this after my next salon visit. :)

thicknlong said:
Whats up w/the silicon mix thing? did you leave some of the conditioner in instead of rinsing it? or is there a "leave in" version of silicone mix ? Sorry for the qst's, i'm new :look:

Silicon Mix has a rinse out conditioner as well as a leave-in. HTH.
Leave-in

Rinse out conditioner

I've been doing this for years and I like it as well. My only problem instead of my hair "leaning" to one side for the one-directional wrap, it often leans into a "V" in the back. My hair is thin (but healthy) so by the time I get to work, it creeps its way back into the pattern that I slept in.

I usually have to bobby pin it apart until I get to work but at least my hair doesn't break from stress.

buttaflye03 said:
Silicon Mix has a rinse out conditioner as well as a leave-in. HTH.
Leave-in

Rinse out conditioner

Helps alot , thanks ! ( not wanting to steal the show from this thread, but are they good at moisterizing ? better than KC humecto at slip ? Thx )

I have tried this but I think my hair is too short for it. It was hard to get one side to stay while I tried to pin it. When I wrap my hair regularly one side of my hair looks flat and the other side kinda pokes out. Does this happen to anyone?

sassyhair said:
I have tried this but I think my hair is too short for it. It was hard to get one side to stay while I tried to pin it. When I wrap my hair regularly one side of my hair looks flat and the other side kinda pokes out. Does this happen to anyone?

i've been trying it, but i think my hair it too short too...maybe because it's not all one length (i'm at shoulder length, but some parters are longer than others).

I'mma try this...Right now I just fold my hair up in the bonnet and wake up with dents and ripples. Perhaps this is the answer.

Chayil

Since I heard of it in the recent past, I've been practicing this cross wrap off and on, attempting to do it with just my fingers and hands (no combing). My results have been interesting... My challenge is what to do with the ends, pincurl them? Leave them sticking out of the hairpin and hope the scarf mashes the ends down smoothly? :look: Use my fingers to comb the ends into my hair?

Isis said:
Since I heard of it in the recent past, I've been practicing this cross wrap off and on, attempting to do it with just my fingers and hands (no combing). My results have been interesting... My challenge is what to do with the ends, pincurl them? Leave them sticking out of the hairpin and hope the scarf mashes the ends down smoothly? :look: Use my fingers to comb the ends into my hair?

This is what I do, pincurl my ends to the crown of my head. I love this technique. Khandi B has a great tutorial in her fotki.

Back