Anyone else tying it up (headscarves/ wraps) to their goal?!.....

I'm glad you mentioned tams...I really like them alot and I wear them when I visit my friends and stuff. Besides some are really cute w/ your outfits! ;) I got mine off ebay. I like subdued colors and I found some really nice blacks/greys/blues...some w/ visors (newsboy style), some w/o. I've even seen leather crowns there.

I'm with you 100%- I just don't like the visors b/c they don't flatter my face.:lachen: Either way, I love them and am always on the look out for more.

There are quite a few Muslim memebers here who wear hijab. I can assure you, most of them do just this and it works! Works for me! :grin:

Those large silk scarves are the TRUTH. I love to wear these under my tams sometimes, but they work well on thier own as well.:yep:

I will be incorporating wearing headwraps into my winter haircare routine. Especially when I'm just out and about. Guess I'll be hitting up the fabric store.

I wore them all the time at one point...i love headwraps:yep:

I was just thinking of doing this yesterday, going until April (with a few breaks for special days like my wedding ann etc).

I usually get my fabrics at the fabric store...but there is a new store that just opened up that sells indian fabrics, so i may check them out!

I got a lot of my fabric from the fabric store as well. I did this a lot last winter and plan to do it again. It would be great if I could get into the habit of doing it every fall and winter. BF complains about it a lot but I find myself having to explain why I'm doing it. There's also times when it gets boring so I switch up and wear a phony pony and just tie the front of my hair down with a scarf. Now all of a sudden he says he likes it when I wear scarves. I was like "REALLY?" That didn't seem to be the case before. He likes being able to see some hair, even if it is my "pretend hair" as he calls it.

Last edited:
Back