Dominican Relaxers

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried dominican relaxers. I see rave reviews on dominican's products and I am starting to really love what I have but I wanted to get reviews on relaxers as well.

I can't find any dominican's products here in Delaware but I am going to talk to the BSS around here and see if I can get one of them to either start selling them or special order for me.

I havent tried them but I had thought about trying one my next relaxer. I have heard from several people that they are really strong. Even the ones that say regular strength and the Dominicans usually mix them with some type of conditioner before they apply(which they usually dont tell you what it is) so I am not sure if I want to deal with that.

Dunno where, but I've heard they are really strong also. I wouldn't try it, especially since there's not much info on them here. Conditioner is one thing, relaxing is another. You don't wanna damage your hair/scalp taking a risk.

Well I'm not sure if you would call Salerm Dom or not, but I have been textlaxing with it for about a year or so. I use the normal and still have quite a bit of texture in my hair. I do mix the Silk Plus (vial) with the relaxer. I have never experienced a burn and my hair is hardly straight. Doesn't seem strong to me at all. Not sure which relaxers that might have been talked about though.

I see you are in DE and if you want to travel to Philly, Cambridge on Aramingo has Dominican relaxers. I havent tried them though....

My sister uses the Salerm, but i regard that as more of a salon product. she has no complaints.

when i think dominican relaxer, i think BPT or Yoriel... for some reason i just wouldnt try these because of the lack of information available. Like the other posters, ive heard their formulas were stronger.

Back