Has anyone tried a Dominican Relaxer?

bauderlady

I was just over at sickbay checking out some products and noticed that they have dominican relaxers. I am curious to see if anyone has applied one, and if so what were the results?

Well, they say Salerm products are not really dominican, but I am currently using there relaxer. Mind you I am very textulaxed not bone straight by a long shot. Just relaxed 4a coils, but still very textured. I use the lye and have had no problems with it. The one thing I noticed when attempting to do my mom's hair is that it takes longer to get it really straight. It doesn't seem as strong as other relaxers I used back in the day cause it deosn't straighten as much.

Overall It's cool, but you might have better feedback from someone that goes entirely straight.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I see alot of ladies like the Salerm products. I have only used the Salerm 21 wheat mask back in the day and it was ok. I don't know about the other products. I love the silicon mix and the miss key 10 en 1 but I didn't see a relaxer for either.

yes, one called natural essence LQI made by LQI Pharmaceutical in santo domingo, dominican republic. I lost almost all my hair in my crown area,there were literally bunches of hair on the floor, I'm still recovering, this was in January this year.Still have it, just to remind myself.It's a lye relaxer,but I think they forgot to add whatever they add besides the lye,it's pure lye:eek:

whoa!!! Thanks for the reply. That is really scarry. I think that I will stick to the basics. The only relaxer that my hair seems to respond well to is soft and beautiful. I am scared to try phyto because I heard that it can dry the hair out pretty badly. Anyway, I know for sure that I am going to leave the dominican relaxer products on the shelf and go with what already works for me. LOL

Back