Doing Hair as a Way of Therapy?

I am in a serious funk, I just dont have any HAPPY inside. Also, I know I am facing a busy and stressful week. The logical thing to do would be to keep my braids in until Staurday when I have real free time to take them down and treat my hair.

I remember how great I feel taking care of my hair, just to really give it a good wash and deep con and rinse and all the post washing things i do. I want to play in my newgrowth, take pics to compare, and just see my hair and be proud of how much growth I've retained. I miss taking care of it and taking care of it always made me feel good. And now I'm sad.

So the question is, should I make myself happy now or wait until the end of the week. Please keep in mind that today is Monday.

Looking at those braids I'd say keep them in. They're beautiful! My friends tease me and say that doing my hair is a sort of comfort for me. When I get upset or mad I run and DC my hair or something. I know once when my SO made me mad, I did a "treatment" that lasted the whole entire weekend. I felt so much better afterwards. So maybe there's some truth to it. Oh well, if you feel the need to play in your hair, DO IT!

:yep:

For me, doing my hair proper is better than a bubble bath, drippies and all.

On the other hand, those are some LOVELY braids that you have there, and if it's going to be a busy week (and it is Monday) are you really going to have time to take them down, gently detangle, condition and all the other stuff that needs to happen with a take-down, or are you going to get 1/3 of the way through it and get tired and frustrated and start rushing it?

I'd wait til Sat, and do it as a 'treat' for getting through the week.

Looking at those braids I'd say keep them in. They're beautiful! My friends tease me and say that doing my hair is a sort of comfort for me. When I get upset or mad I run and DC my hair or something. I know once when my SO made me mad, I did a "treatment" that lasted the whole entire weekend. I felt so much better afterwards. So maybe there's some truth to it. Oh well, if you feel the need to play in your hair, DO IT!
Thanks, my siggy is after I completely finished. The length of the braids are ok, but 3 weeks of Mega Tek has my roots looking a mess, as if I've had these braids in for 3 months.
:yep:

For me, doing my hair proper is better than a bubble bath, drippies and all.

On the other hand, those are some LOVELY braids that you have there, and if it's going to be a busy week (and it is Monday) are you really going to have time to take them down, gently detangle, condition and all the other stuff that needs to happen with a take-down, or are you going to get 1/3 of the way through it and get tired and frustrated and start rushing it?

I'd wait til Sat, and do it as a 'treat' for getting through the week.

I know i would get tired of the unbraiding part, but once it is all out I feel a sense of accomplishment. . .idk. I guess since it is already 6pm I should just leave my hair be and do my paper. But then I have a free day on Wednesday. . . .

IDK, those braids look really nice, and it seems like the "take down" may be time consuming...

But I totally feel you on the "hair therapy" though, I just washed and DCed and rollerset my hair yesterday, and I'm considering a cowash and twist out.... I don't need to though... :lachen:

The first pic is right after i finished. The second pic is three weeks later.

Attachments

• july top.jpg
    july top.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 4
  • week 3.jpg
    week 3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 7
IDK, those braids look really nice, and it seems like the "take down" may be time consuming...

But I totally feel you on the "hair therapy" though, I just washed and DCed and rollerset my hair yesterday, and I'm considering a cowash and twist out.... I don't need to though... :lachen:

Time consuming, YESS! But totally worth it. OT: I heart the spiral hair do in your siggy.

ITA in the concept of hairapy; i am in kinky twists right now and i miss being able to cowash every other day and play in my hair and mix up all those DC concoctions, and i loooove to experiment with new products so i have all these new conditioners giving me the sad face!!! i am going to DC tonight just to have something to do and so i can know how to DC in extensions...but like others have said that is a LOT of hair miss lady, and i think you should do something soothing like give yourself a scalp massage but wait for the weekend to tackle the take down.

ITA in the concept of hairapy; i am in kinky twists right now and i miss being able to cowash every other day and play in my hair and mix up all those DC concoctions, and i loooove to experiment with new products so i have all these new conditioners giving me the sad face!!! i am going to DC tonight just to have something to do and so i can know how to DC in extensions...but like others have said that is a LOT of hair miss lady, and i think you should do something soothing like give yourself a scalp massage but wait for the weekend to tackle the take down.

Thanks for your input. I was just thinking about how I might feel after applying my MT for today, might be a little fix. I also bought new conditionars about two weeks ago. . . I can hear them call my name from the bathroom :look:

You can always do a section a day until you get to Saturday where you can do the rest. Start in the back and work your way up doing a couple of rows each night and let the top cover it up. Be sure to cornrow your own hair or pin it down to keep it from tangling or matting up. When you get above the ear just pull the rest of the braids into a low ponytail.

I'm reluctant to braid my hair this summer because I know I will miss it.

You can always do a section a day until you get to Saturday where you can do the rest. Start in the back and work your way up doing a couple of rows each night and let the top cover it up. Be sure to cornrow your own hair or pin it down to keep it from tangling or matting up. When you get above the ear just pull the rest of the braids into a low ponytail.

Thanks for the idea, I'll start that on Wednesday so by Saturday I won't have to devote so much time to the unbraiding part. That will leave so much time for the conditioning!! I'm so excited now!!!

1. To the Hairapy question, braiding/unbraiding my hair is very therapudic for me.

2. ITA on the "slow" takedown method. Taking my (6wk) twisted extensions out now, and retwisting my own hair. 10-a-day is my goal for now.
As TexasQT stated start in the back, you'll save yourself "some" of your weekend, and you won't tire as quickly, or feel pressured to completed the task at a certain time (....say to get ready for church) using this method.

Back