Does your man ever send you love letters?

Does your man ever write you love letters?

• Yes, I love them.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, but he shows me he loves me in other ways.

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

gone_fishing

Mine doesn't.

So when I got this today, I thought to myself, what did you do that I haven't found out about yet? :lachen:

My SO is very "emotional" today. Now this man will communicate very well verbally but he never writes anything. I mean no written letters, emails, etc. but he'll send a card (something short written inside) but he prefers to talk and cuddle and whisper and my ear and such.

One thing I've always loved about love letters is that you can read them over and over again, in an argument, when you miss them, when you just need to read those words so I always think it's something SUPER special when he writes to me (even if it's just an email).

But, today I got an email which I don't get very often and it made me teary eyed and sappy. I mean, I know this isn't much but to me on this day it meant a lot.

Now I started a thread called "Cold Feet"...I'm going to post it in a minute where I expressed concerns about our relationship (you can see pics of us in my siggy if you haven't yet).

So this just really meant a lot and I wanted to share it with you guys cause it just made me so...............can't describe it. I guess it's the little things.

I want to explain further why I mentioned staying here. It's more so on the fact that I care about you and j and want to make sure you are fine.

I don't want you to feel like you are in a jam of any sort.

But I do feel we have something speical - from day one no doubt about it. And I want to continue a happy fulfilling life with you and a family.

We can lean on each other, learn from each other, love each other, and have a special relationship and marriage.

I'd like for us to be ourselves and understand each other. I do see us together forever.

Something about the first time seeing you. I just knew something was special with you and sure enough it has been more then I could have even thought. I know God puts some great people in my life and now at this age in my life, I don't want to mess that up.

I thank you for just being around me as its just great to call u a friend, a
girlfriend/fiance, a side-kick and I could go on and on and write a book on what a good person you are.

A girl like you can give hope to guys to keep searching, as that is so lost now a days (i'm not digging...at all) but it gives hope to others who I know want a person like you in their life).

It's like God said XXXX here she is...all those times you talked on walks to yourself on who u'd like to live a life with.

In other words, I explain how unreal u seem. It gives hope to others to be like wow a girl like that is still out in this day and age when there are so many that are only out for themselves.

And I know at times i've been just a bad BF...really bad...and it did hurt me and us so bad. But, when I've hurt you, I felt it myself and it was something i've never felt before. I never cared this much before.

In life, I dont' want that type of pain and see no need for it. So through good and bad i'm so glad your still with me.

And I need to become a man of heart and of a good soul that loves you just the way you deserve.

So I'd like to turn my leaf completey around and I can see it coming that we'll find what we both need in each other..religion..friends..family and I'd keep going on but I need to eat.

So I want you to know I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere and I don't mind changing your diapers if you ever need them.

Love you.
XOXOXOXOX

Last edited:
"So I'd like to turn my leaf completey around and I can see it coming that we'll find what we both need in each other..religion..friends..family and I'd keep going on but I need to eat."
Too cute. Lol.

i thought the letter was sweet. you should be very happy. :yep:
i can't wait to get mine. from my so, when he arrives. :) a looooonnnnngggg time ago, a man that i was dating would write me letters when he was in the military. i did not appreciate them. i've learned my lesson. i would love to get letters like that now.

Mine still does.

But shhhh....don't tell anyone. It'll ruin his "man" cred.

For the longest time, he would not say I love you in front of his best friend. I noticed when I said it he didn't say it back. I guess that's better than him behaving dufus around a girl though.

Anyways, I got a teeny attitude about it one day and I said, how come you don't say it back (I said this in front of his best friend). And he sort of turned all shades of red. :lachen:

Then his best friend was like...OH...you LOVE each other now. How sweet. And he just started teasing my poor SO to no end. It was so funny but embarrassing to his "man" cred for some reason. LOL.

I almost felt bad for him.

Later, I got a myspace note from his best friend saying,

"Wassup A, XXXXX does love you, I was giving him hell because I've never seen him act this way around any woman. It's just weird to see my boy all .. in "loooooooooooooooooooooooove" hahahahaha. I wasn't trying to be rude to the Mrs."

After that, he would say it all the time night and day, day and night and I got more kisses and cuddles and hugs even if his BF was around and he no longer turns bright red.

What is it with men. They think loving a woman isn't apart of manhood?

Yes, I love it and my SO really knows how to put words together "English Major". I love that he puts pen to paper.

He met me at my job and wrote me a letter to introduce homeself and ask me out because other than my job he had no other way to contact me.

He sends me poems and sings me songs, oh my goodness, I need to go call him.

Yes, I love it and my SO really knows how to put words together "English Major". I love that he puts pen to paper.

He met me at my job and wrote me a letter to introduce homeself and ask me out because other than my job he had no other way to contact me.

He sends me poems and sings me songs, oh my goodness, I need to go call him.
that is very sweet, i bet he can write some great poems. :)

Very sweet note, adequate!!!

Yes, my FH makes sure to send me a love letter or poem every week. He also surprises me with songs that he's written for me and plays them on his guitar. :blush: He draws pictures for me, as well. I still have the very first picture that he drew for me when we were in high school...almost 14 years ago. He cried on our first date when I showed him that I still had the drawing. He's so mushy!!! :lol: I love him for it, though!!! :love:

Yes, my fiance does send me love letters. He sends poems that he favor and I in return send the ones that I favor or have written. It is an intimate form of communication for us. Usually, he is not a talkative man per se but he communicates well to me what he is feeling and/or thinking, which is rather new to me because in prior relationships I have always had to pull answers out of men. He is reflective, detail orientated, a great listener, compassionate, intuitive, and very much in touch with who he is and what he wants and I believe this is why it is easy for him to communicate it with me. He intrigues me and I love him for being the man that he is. I am a HBW (Happy Black Woman).

Last edited:
Adequate I don't know if it's a guy thing. I feel embarrassed being all lovey-dovey with FH in public.

It is pretty funny how men can be around their guy friends sometimes.

Back