Does your hair hate every moisturizer you’ve tried?

Str8~Curly

Mine does, but, I think I stumbled across something- Gel! I know, I’m late. (A non-drying gel without the bad alcohols, of course)

Most moisturizers, oils, and butters eventually dry my hair out. I find that my hair loves gel, but I don’t like the hardness when it dries. I love that glossy wet-look and nice big waves that I get from the gel. I used it under the moisturizer, which kept the gel from drying out. At the same time, the gel prevented the oils and other crap in the moisturizer from getting into the hair shaft, it seems.

I used the Isoplus Light, Pre Conditioning gel and ORS Olive oil Lotion. I just stumbled across this and will probably find a gel that can stand on it’s on, maybe one that has some type of oil further down the list. Maybe even some pure aloe vera gel and oil or some type of butter. This is just a start but at least I finally have a better idea of what my hair needs as far as a moisturizer. That Wet Set Hair Pudding by Sisters Smith or something looks good, or maybe even the treasured locks Curly hair moisturizer.

Lets Jam was the bomb on my hair back in the day but I might have a horrible, greasy head flashback

I think it was on this board that someone once suggested using Aloe Vera Gel as a substitue to gels.

my hair was like that (tried isoplus, s-curl, motions regular and lite, ors olive oil, ors carrot oil, NTM leave in - am sure there is still more).
but i love elasta qp oil recovery- will use this for life.

I wanted to like this but my hair just didn't. I really liked the ingredients, minus the mineral oil. It made my hair dry and brittle.

my hair was like that (tried isoplus, s-curl, motions regular and lite, ors olive oil, ors carrot oil, NTM leave in - am sure there is still more).
but i love elasta qp oil recovery- will use this for life.

I want to try a more pure aloe vera gel. I used Fruit of the Earth and it was ok, I will try it again with a moisturizer or some butter b/c it made my hair a little stiff.

I think it was on this board that someone once suggested using Aloe Vera Gel as a substitue to gels.

Back