Does Your Hair Get Tired of the Same Conditoner Wash Products?

Country gal

My hair use to love conditoner washes regardless of the product. It now seems my hair doesn't produce the same results. It's as if it has become immune to my various products. Pantene use to work wonders on my hair. I also use V05 freesia, sensitive by nature conditoner and Suave green tea. It seems my curls don't stay as much after the washes.

Do you clarify at all? Do you at least use a shampoo at some point in your regimen? I get consistent results with my conditioner washes because I alternate with a shampoo every so often. Conditioners are good but because of their nature, they will build up on the hair shaft.

Also, since hair is nothing but keratinized dead hair cells and have no access to the blood stream, they cannot become immune to anything ;)

Yeah, my hair gets tired of the same products... I used DDTA about 6 mths....now it doesn't work as good. It's back to Pantene hydrating curls & smooth & sleek for now!

I have found this to be true also my hair no longer likes or responds to certain conditioners I use for co washes.
I had been using DDTA and St Ives conditioners with greats results before it was Suave and VO5 conditioners.
I am a conditioner Junkie so I have a lot to choose from when my hair starts acting weird.

I heard that the reason products "stop working" on the hair is because the products are leaving build up. The ideal products never stop working because they never build up on the hair.

No I don't have that problem....I clarify every 4 wks, and alternate between DDTA & suave m & h, I never use the same conditioner for more than 4 weeks in a row.

BLESSED1 said:
No I don't have that problem....I clarify every 4 wks, and alternate between DDTA & suave m & h, I never use the same conditioner for more than 4 weeks in a row.

Yeah, I think clarifying does help....Also, I was thinking that it could be more of a psychological thing. Like we just get tired of using the same old conditioner and want to try something new.

I have approximately 15 different conditioners that I rotate with..only because I like to switch the scent of it. My current co is VO5 Free Me Freesia :)

Last edited:
Taij said:
Do you clarify at all? Do you at least use a shampoo at some point in your regimen? I get consistent results with my conditioner washes because I alternate with a shampoo every so often. Conditioners are good but because of their nature, they will build up on the hair shaft.

Also, since hair is nothing but keratinized dead hair cells and have no access to the blood stream, they cannot become immune to anything ;)

I shampoo at least once a week. Sometimes twice if I notice alot of buildup. I do clarifying shampoo washes at least once a month.

sillygurl18 said:
I heard that the reason products "stop working" on the hair is because the products are leaving build up. The ideal products never stop working because they never build up on the hair.

Good point

Ayeshia said:
I have approximately 15 different conditioners that I rotate with..only because I like to switch the scent of it. My current co is VO5 Free Me Freesia :)

I love the smell of the free me Freesia.

Back