Does he mean it when he says I LOVE YOU?

bermudabeauty

I have this guy I have dated off and on for 4years now. He is in the millitary so we never officially were in a relationship with eachother. We were always affectionate with eachother, we were intimate on two ocassions. :blush: We have always talked about everything even how our dates went if we were with other people. We have always had mad fun with eachother, even email eachother daily, etc.

On my birthday a few days ago, he emailed me "I Love you Happy Birthday". I didn't think anything of it until yesterday he text messaged me out of nowhere "You know I love you right" So I had to ask him what that meant. He said he loves me and feels he could marry me one day, and he has felt this way for awhile. Given this scenario do you think a guy means it when he says I LOVE YOU??

Yes. I think he meant it. There's all kinds of love. You've been friends for a while so why wouldn't he not love you?

I don't know....I guess I didn't think what we had was all that deep. Maybe I have been oblivious all this time to how he felt about me.

I have this guy I have dated off and on for 4years now. He is in the millitary so we never officially were in a relationship with eachother. We were always affectionate with eachother, we were intimate on two ocassions. :blush: We have always talked about everything even how our dates went if we were with other people. We have always had mad fun with eachother, even email eachother daily, etc.

On my birthday a few days ago, he emailed me "I Love you Happy Birthday". I didn't think anything of it until yesterday he text messaged me out of nowhere "You know I love you right" So I had to ask him what that meant. He said he loves me and feels he could marry me one day, and he has felt this way for awhile. Given this scenario do you think a guy means it when he says I LOVE YOU??

One sure way to find out...ASK HIM. Only he will know for sure.

One sure way to find out...ASK HIM. Only he will know for sure.

She did ask him....this was his response:
So I had to ask him what that meant. He said he loves me and feels he could marry me one day, and he has felt this way for awhile.

Good luck BermudaBeauty. Do you feel the same way about him?
BTW I think he meant it. It seems that he doesn't have any reason to string you along with those words. I hope that you're happy.

I like him. I enjoy being with him. I am very attracted to him. I definately LUST him.:lachen:But Love?? I can't say that I am in love with him. Partly because I have other male distractions. :wallbash: I guess I should ask him what he or we should do about those feelings. I guess that should be the next step. I don't know.

She did ask him....this was his response:
So I had to ask him what that meant. He said he loves me and feels he could marry me one day, and he has felt this way for awhile.

Good luck BermudaBeauty. Do you feel the same way about him?
BTW I think he meant it. It seems that he doesn't have any reason to string you along with those words. I hope that you're happy.

oh okay......

Well, how did you respond to what he said??

I didn't know what to say. What do you say to a man that tells you he loves you out of nowhere and you don't love him back? :nono: I played the dumb white girl role and was like: OMG really that is sooo sweet. Your the greatest. I didn't know what to say.:wallbash:

It sounds like he truly did mean it, perhaps he felt that way for a little while but just never said anything until now. I wish you both good luck as well!

I like him. I enjoy being with him. I am very attracted to him. I definately LUST him.:lachen:But Love?? I can't say that I am in love with him. Partly because I have other male distractions. :wallbash: I guess I should ask him what he or we should do about those feelings. I guess that should be the next step. I don't know.

I think there is a difference between loving someone and being IN LOVE with someone. I have loved many of my male friends but I have only been IN LOVE with very few men in my life. Maybe you are reading too much into it. Like a pp said, you're friends and have known eavh other for years...I would think that you would love each other....but def not surprised that he loves you.

Sounds like he meant it, but doesn't change the fact that he may not be describing his feelings accurately.

I hate to be stereotypical, but my experience with military men is they tend to be quick to drop the L word on any woman who is a constant fixture in their lives. Their lifestyle is hard on them and they are away from loved ones a lot. DH told me he almost married his ex gf even though he knew she was wrong for him just because he was mesmerized by the fact that she wrote to him and visited him.

Sounds like he meant it, but doesn't change the fact that he may not be describing his feelings accurately.

I hate to be stereotypical, but my experience with military men is they tend to be quick to drop the L word on any woman who is a constant fixture in their lives. Their lifestyle is hard on them and they are away from loved ones a lot. DH told me he almost married his ex gf even though he knew she was wrong for him just because he was mesmerized by the fact that she wrote to him and visited him.

Yeah Viv I can understand that. I agree with you.

Over-analyzing can make things more fuzzy and complicated. The military man comment sounds interesting though

Back