Does anyone's wash and go

katie

Does anyone\'s wash and go

feel dry eventually?
I did my 1st one today.I used Scurl and IC Ice Pomade.It looks nice and all.But it feels so dry and crispy to the touch.

Re: Does anyone\'s wash and go

Sometimes, it just depends on what products I used while it was wet. I normally apply a moisturizer on my shake & go's before going to bed if it feels dry, especially the ends.

i agree it def depends on the products one uses.

i prefer oils to anything containing alcohol or too many ingredients.

No- B/C when I do wash and gos/braidouts I spray it often w/ whatever leave in I am fond of at the time.

I hope its okay for me to ask this. I do co washes every other day (usually) sometimes everyday. I'm not sure my very 4b is awash and go type. For those who don't twist it or braid it do you just wash it but on your products and walk out the house? Or do you scrunch it to give it a curly look? And what about as it dries. Mines becomes a little wild looking as it begins to airdry. I'd hate at about 2:00 my boss comes to my desk and say "T, you needs to go home and take care a dat". Cause even though he white that's how he talk.
laugh.gif
So help a sista. I want to wash and go too.

Does the Scurl have glycerin? I know everytime I use a product with glycerin it seems to dry my hair out over time.

Are you the type to play in your hair constantly or have that "hand in fro disease"? Because in my experience with shake & go's, the more you touch and mess with it, the frizzier it's gonna look.
smile.gif

Tbird,
ROFL, u almost had me fall out of my chair...that would be funny if he said that....

my wet look looks a little crazy as well...I think my braidouts look a lot better. my wet look looks kind of stringy, I either need to work on the products, method, or let it go!
smile.gif

All you need to do is to put on a plastic cap for a while. That will soften it right up -- especially if you take a shower with the window and door closed.

[ QUOTE ]
TBird said:
I hope its okay for me to ask this. I do co washes every other day (usually) sometimes everyday. I'm not sure my very 4b is awash and go type. For those who don't twist it or braid it do you just wash it but on your products and walk out the house? Or do you scrunch it to give it a curly look? And what about as it dries. Mines becomes a little wild looking as it begins to airdry. I'd hate at about 2:00 my boss comes to my desk and say "T, you needs to go home and take care a dat". Cause even though he white that's how he talk.
laugh.gif
So help a sista. I want to wash and go too.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif

Maybe it's the ice pomade. I used one jar of that stuff and it dried my hair completely out...I guess b/c of the mineral oil.

Try experimenting with different products. It took me awhile to find something that left my hair soft and fluffy. Humectruss was my solution. Other leave ins and gels left my hair hard if not flaky. Section your hair as well into four pieces and apply evenly from root to ends.

HTH

I wash and go and usually my hair gets like that if I use something with alcohol or use too much setting lotion.

mines feels dry if I dab it with a towel, but if I let my hair drip dry with products i experience no hardness or dryness
smile.gif

Back