Say it with me now! Scurl is for....

im thinking of buying this product but am not sure because it's winter now and has glycerin in it. Are those that love this product still using it in the winter?

so how can you use scurl in the winter??????

I have no plans of changing how I use it in the winter. I tend to wear hats and wraps a lot and more so in the winter, so I will continue to use is as I have been doing, only I hate it getting on my wraps or hats so I always wear Saran wrap before donning the hat/wrap. So no plans to change that.

I have no plans of changing how I use it in the winter. I tend to wear hats and wraps a lot and more so in the winter, so I will continue to use is as I have been doing, only I hate it getting on my wraps or hats so I always wear Saran wrap before donning the hat/wrap. So no plans to change that.

This is pretty much how I ended up using it during our winter which has just ended. Scurl, saran wrap, satin scarf, beanie. This is how I wore it to bed too. Works really well and makes for a warm head during the cold weather too : )

ETA: For those asking if it'll dry your hair out in winter - Even when I did have my hair out it didn't dry up after baggying overnight. Winters here may not be the same as winter in the US/UK though.

Last edited:
so i bought this product today and when i sprayed it i was surprised at its consistency. i thought it would be more watery and therefore spray evenly onto my hair but is just a tad too thick for me to spray so i have to spray onto my hand to use. how does everybody else use theirs?

so i bought this product today and when i sprayed it i was surprised at its consistency. i thought it would be more watery and therefore spray evenly onto my hair but is just a tad too thick for me to spray so i have to spray onto my hand to use. how does everybody else use theirs?

^^That's kinda how I use it when wearing my hair out.

Now that I'm in twists, I grab a handful of twists and spray the ends till wet and then squeeze them for it to penetrate the twists. I only use it on the ends of my twists coz I'm still a bit "icked out" about having product on my hair when wearing twists. For those who don't know, S Curl has been a fave of mine only when wearing my hair out because it provides awesome lube for combing. But when I'm not combing, I like bare hair. Now I'm trying out keeping ends moisturized to see if my hair does better.

Back