Does anyone still use S-Curl?

secretdiamond said:
Wow!! :eek: I JUST logged in to add s-curl to my siggy! LOL! :lol: I was even thinking about starting this thread! :lol:

I used an old bottle I had lying around last night after stopping for a couple of months and I'm in love all over again. I woke up this morning NOT having to moisturize again like I usually do with NTM! My ends aren't crackly and they are smooth!

S-curl is definitely my moisturizer for the fall/winter! I love it! :up:

It must be going around...I was thinking the same thing.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone use it when the have braids/cornrows or twists? I like that it isn't as heavy as some of the braid oils, but I'm worried it might be too lite for a New England winter?

Carefree Curl didn't work for my natural hair, but my texlaxed hair LOVES it! I use it daily for my phony pony. I just found out that it will help me wrap my hair very strait without using heat.:eek: :yay: I will be able to use this transition style for at least a month. S curl my hair loves natural or relaxed. Carefree Curl will only be used for my transition styles.

I still use it!

It really softens my new growth!! I don't have that 'crunchy sound' whenever I use it..

I love this stuff!

I am new to the board and trying to grow my hair out after cutting it right above my chin right before the summer. I usually don't have a problem with my hair growing long but anything I can do to speed up the process is great. Something I already see I will do is stretching out my perms and after reading this thread, I think Scurl will be a great way for me to help stretch my relaxers, however, can someone please help me with exactly how to use it. Do I use it after washing and conditioning my hair and prior to setting on rollers? Do I also use everyday thereafter just on my roots?

Please advise. Thanks in advance for all of the advice.

I just bought a new bottle today after not using it for the last 3 months. I thought I was over tis stuff!!;)

Monilove122 said:
I am new to the board and trying to grow my hair out after cutting it right above my chin right before the summer. I usually don't have a problem with my hair growing long but anything I can do to speed up the process is great. Something I already see I will do is stretching out my perms and after reading this thread, I think Scurl will be a great way for me to help stretch my relaxers, however, can someone please help me with exactly how to use it. Do I use it after washing and conditioning my hair and prior to setting on rollers? Do I also use everyday thereafter just on my roots?

Please advise. Thanks in advance for all of the advice.

Moni, I use it on dry hair daily. You'll discover whether your hair likes it better when wet or dry. I focus on my roots but also put some on my length when I'm wearing it bunned or a ponytail.

I prefer to spray a little in my hand then spray a little water into that and add a drop of oil.:)

My hair loves the Carefree Gold when I wear it curly, it only takes a tiny bit, but stays moist all day and night! Love this and Sta Sof Fro!

I guess I'm a LHCF old head--- I can't believe I've been on this board for 3 years. Anyway, I STILL use S-Curl and I love it for my buns.

cmw45 said:
It must be going around...I was thinking the same thing.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone use it when the have braids/cornrows or twists? I like that it isn't as heavy as some of the braid oils, but I'm worried it might be too lite for a New England winter?

I love S-Curl and I have used it on braids before on my hair and my daughters hair and it worked great. :)

yes s curl is wonderful. too bad i ran of out some and now my hair breaking cuz it's addicted to it! it's a shame when my friend found out i was using s curl she almost had a heart attack and looked at me like i had 3 heads.

I use S-Curl when I'm about 8 weeks post relaxer until it's time to relax, and I love it. I spray some in my hands and smooth throughout my hair. It doesn't make my hair sticky or gummy. It also helps with detangling, and I can say that I must have the worst tangles in the WORLD!

Galleta said:
Hey ladies, I remember when I first joined the forum, it seemed as if everyone was using S-curl for a daily moisturizer. Anyone still using and loving it? The other day, I was looking for a new moisturizer and rediscovered it again. (I had forgotten all about S-Curl; it's been at least six months since I've used it and after yesterday I can't remember why I stopped.)

I still use it.

Back