Does anyone still use S-Curl?

Galleta

Hey ladies, I remember when I first joined the forum, it seemed as if everyone was using S-curl for a daily moisturizer. Anyone still using and loving it? The other day, I was looking for a new moisturizer and rediscovered it again. (I had forgotten all about S-Curl; it's been at least six months since I've used it and after yesterday I can't remember why I stopped.)

Wow!! :eek: I JUST logged in to add s-curl to my siggy! LOL! :lol: I was even thinking about starting this thread! :lol:

I used an old bottle I had lying around last night after stopping for a couple of months and I'm in love all over again. I woke up this morning NOT having to moisturize again like I usually do with NTM! My ends aren't crackly and they are smooth!

S-curl is definitely my moisturizer for the fall/winter! I love it! :up:

I use it and love it. I am transitioning and it is helping with taming my newgrowth. I used it earlier this year during a 6 month stretch and it really helped me out.

iv always wanted to try it- i usually use care free curl
images

how do they compare??:)

tia

I just bought it and used it for the first time last week. It made my hair and hands sticky and I didn't like the residue. I must it admit it was the "bestest" ever when it came to mosturizing my hair. Do you also get the sticky icky feeling? If so how do you deal with that?

I just couldn't get into it. My baggied ends like it. I half about 20% of a bottle that I wanna use up.

It just wasn't the miracle product I was hoping for.

I have a big ole bottle that I have never used! So how are ya'll using it? On wet hair or Dry? New growth only or whole head? Morning or Evening? Lite mist, or soak your hair til it's dripping like a Jheri curl?

yourleoqueen said:
I have a big ole bottle that I have never used! So how are ya'll using it? On wet hair or Dry? New growth only or whole head? Morning or Evening? Lite mist, or soak your hair til it's dripping like a Jheri curl?

I lightly spray it all over my wet and dry hair in the morning and/or night, as needed.

I use it and my hair just simple loves it! Its the best moisturizer from me especially since I have Kinky Twists and I am 4 months post!

MonaRae

Is there a dramatic distinction between S-Curl and Care Free Curl? Is one better than the other? Here are the ingredients for the curl activators in order of appearance:

INGREDIENTS:
Water , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Acetamide MEA , Ceteth-20 , Olealkonium Chloride , Stearalkonium Chloride , Panthenol , Simethicone , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance.

Ingredients
Water Aqua , Propylene Glycol , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearalkonium Chloride , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Dimethicone , Silica

i've been using it for almost a year now. it's a good moisturizer for both my new growth and relaxed hair. but when i use it on my ends it started to make it look frizzy. i think i might have used too much. but it did do a great job. and it makes the new growth really soft. i get that sticky feeling on my hands too but it makes my hair so soft so i don't worry about it. also it leaves build up but if you wash often you'll be ok.

I use it.:wave:

For me, less is definitely more. I do one spray in my palm, rub it around, then apply to my hair. If I need more I use a little more, but if I overdo it my hair is definitely sticky.

It isn't a miracle product for me, just one of many moisturizers that I use... depending on the needs of my hair.

S-Curl is a staple for me. It is one of the few (and cheapest) moisturizers that my hair loves. I just spray a little in my hands in the morning or evening and run it through my hair a few times a week. It keeps my hair very soft and silky with little build-up or residue.

S-curl is the most important thing in my regimen. After discovering this board some one posted that it could be used while your hair was in braids (Adrienne's curl activator technique??). Well I tried it and it made my hair sooo manageable I decided never to relax again. This was nearly 2 years ago. I now buy this by the dozen and my super dry 4b hair drinks it up! I have retained a lot of length using this product. I have gone from ear length to collar bone.

LP1177 said:
If you are natural will it make your curly? What about if your hair is flat ironed what will it do to your hair?

I dont think it will make your hair curly, it may enhance the curls you already have though. Its best to use it when your hair is in a protective style, otherwise it will weigh your hair down and cause it to revert.

I use it...mainly as an ingredient in a moisture concotion that I mix together...but sometimes I use it straight. When I use it alone I spray it into my hands and work it through instead of spraying directly onto my hair. I only use this when my hair is going to be up...unless I'm wearing a braid out I'll put it in before I braid. I use minimal product when I wear my hair down so that it has nice movement...scurl would hinder the blowing in the wind effect.

I am not using S-curl @ the moment. I need to use up the Care-Free Curl I have first, but they are almost the same. I find it wonderful for buns. I spray my bun and baggie and my ends love it. I also find that it works well with braids, it seems to have the same contents as most african braid sprays.

I tried and hated it, but now that I read through this thread I think I used too much. Will revisit.

Back