Does anyone prefer their hair shorter? (long)

Iris - I know...but what do I do in the meantime? I am young. I need to date. I need a BOYFRIEND!! I want to look pretty and having swingable hair at least for a date!(if I ever get one!)

LOL...
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
atlien - I think you misundstood my post. My issue is not dead thin ends - I got rid of those back in December. Since I am transitioning my relaxed hair will naturally look a little thinner than my natural hair - just the nature of the beast. So, it's not that I think my ends are bad - they are actually in VERY good shape!

It's more of wanting a style - something that looks pretty and fluffy...not that blunt shaped hair that I have right now. I hope that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh sorry girl....I think maybe when I hear cut I automatically associate that with bad ends my fault
crazy.gif
. Let me go hide now.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Iris - I know...but what do I do in the meantime? I am young. I need to date. I need a BOYFRIEND!! I want to look pretty and having swingable hair at least for a date!(if I ever get one!)

[/ QUOTE ] lol girl, hair is gonna be an issue from here one for dates girl, or going out or special occasions...the styling, the time it takes , will it turn out right? if it does will it last? or boof , poof and frizz? girl if i wasnt used to it by now i would say its all pretty ridiculous and miserable.....

when i was goin through transitioning , i wore braids , and they did get boring and i did get frustrated. i thought everyone thought i didnt have any hair at all and thats why i always wore braids
laugh.gif

ok, you know your going to get layers? and your sure that is what you want? then i say just go on ahead and do it, so you can get over this hump....my next best suggestion would be to try a curly look, like in your Dec trim pic (you liked that look right? i mean it did look great!!) with the full ends and curls. might add some pizzaz to the straight look for you......next i think your braid out pony tail and updo's are beautiful!!! i think your just goin through one of those "womanly" take things out on my hair times...i dont know if its hormonal or just in our nature or what, but it seems we all do it, like its that time to hate our hair or something..i bet you this will pass....in the meantime, try to see your hair for what it is, long as hell, healthy and beautiful and men are gonna be drooling over it, no matter how you wear it or how your feeling about it. you know at times we just dont see our hair for what it really is.
look.gif

atlien - thank you for posting your experience! I didn't mean to discredit that!
smile.gif

Irresistible - Good points you've made. I am sure that I will always have some issue with whether my hair looks good or not. I KNOW I am much more critical about my hair now that I am transitioning than when I was relaxed. The funny part is that I had plenty of bad hair days when I was relaxed...of course, I typically remember the ones when my hair was swinging!
smile.gif

I have some new ideas on things to do with my hair so I am still going to give it till September to see if I feel the same. I don't want to make any hasty decisions.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

I have some new ideas on things to do with my hair so I am still going to give it till September to see if I feel the same. I don't want to make any hasty decisions.

[/ QUOTE ] wise thinking girl
smile.gif

Back