Does anyone know about bleaching?

Porsche19

I don't see too many people here who bleach their hair...

I'm interested to know what is the weakest bleach on the market. Something that would lighten dark brown hair only a few shades.

If you know levels, then I'm talking about going from level 2 to level 4 to 5.

I'm not looking for a permanent color that lightens and deposits color.

Does anyone know of anything?

I believe loreal has lifts specially formulated for dark hair colors, called MEGA BROWNS you can find them at Sallys'. THey lift your natural color 2-4 shades lighter.

I don't know a whole heck of a lot about bleaching, but I can say this much- please consult a professional you trust, and have them tell you what you need to do to keep your hair healthy, and moisturised and also to see if they can do it for you. I had a friend bleach my hair three years ago (coz she's been bleaching hers for years), and it looked good for a while but I didn't adequately hydrate it and it broke like no man's business. I had to cut off all the bleached hair, and start afresh.

All the best in your endeavours!

Thanks Ali... I'll look into those.

Caramella, I notice that too. It's because of the bleaching orocess... it goes from brown to orange/red then finally to brown. It takes quite and effort get dark hair to true blonde.

Thanks for the warning Lusa... I was thinking about getting brown highlights in the future. NOT blonde (eww) I have time to research this and possibly find a stylist to do it if I don't think that I can. I'm thinking of dong this in the middle of next year.

Of course I won't just jump into it... I'm an lhcfer :)

Back