Does anyone have long layers?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

My hair is getting thicker the longer it gets, and I simply WON'T be able to tolerate it much longer unless I get a relaxer every 2 weeks!

Yea! That's how THICK it's getting!

I'm considering layering it to reduce the bulk/thickness. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Gracias!

shocked.gif
Don't get it layered. Especially at a salon because the next thing you know, your hair will be much shorter. Then a week later, you're gonna wish you didn't get your hair layered.

My hair was a little passed shoulder length at one time and I wanted more volume to my hair. I got it layered and the next thing I knew, I couldnt wait til it grew out. I didnt use rollers that much back then and I was getting tired of curling the layers. And also, it looks funny when your layers are growing out. HTH
smirk.gif
wink.gif

Layers may add to the thickness and bulkiness as far as looks are considered. That's the main reason I want some, because I looooove volume.

In your case, it doesn't sound much like layers are the solution, but just a good ole cut if you can't handle the thickness as it grows. Layers will only add to your problem. Your hair will be just as thick as before, but probably more voluminous which can be frustrating if that's not really what you were trying to achieve.

Hmmmm... you're probably on to something, Karonica.

Especially since it seems 2 weeks after a retouch, I look ready for another one.

Layers probably would make my hair blow up even more....

I tried the whole cut thing, but my hair was back to the same length it was a month later, and not only that, when I did cut it just below the shoulders, it was still super thick but just short.

I looked a hot mess! LOL!

I guess I'll just have to opt for a relaxer every 4 weeks and forget about it.

Thanks to you and Poohbear...

Signed....

BLOSSOM!

Back