Do You Wash Your Hair In The Shower Or In The Sink?

where do you prefer to wash your hair?

• Sink

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Shower

Votes: 76 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
When I had a kitchen with counters spacious enough to accommodate lying down on them, I used the sink. Then my hair got too long for that plus I moved so the shower became my go-to.

I use the shower and unless I'm doing a protein treatment I only have to get in and out twice. Doesn't really bother me since I've allocated the time to do my hair anyway, I don't like leaning over the sink. If I'm doing a protein treatment it's 3 times in and out.

Laundry room sink. My hair is kinky so it's gon' do what it's gon' do (although when I was relaxed the shower was better). Sometimes I'll start or end in the shower, but I am NOT about that in and out life. Plus I NEED to tend to my skin as soon as I get out of the shower and can't have hair dripping on it.

I wash my hair in the shower because I wash in sections. I've tried washing my hair in sections in the sink, however either I'm not coordinated enough or just lack the skill set, but either way, I always end up with water all over the place and shampoo/conditioner still in my hair. So, I kindof have to wash my hair in the shower. :look:

I prefer the shower but I wish I had a detachment so I can turn the pressure on high. I wash better with my head tilted back in the shower (similar to the salon washing your hair with it tilted back).

I'm able to get smoother protective styles by smoothing my hair during the washing process.

ETA: reminded from a earlier post. I only use the sink to wash out most of my henna treatments & glosses

Back