Do you throw out expensive products that don't work for you?

mezzogirl

B]Would you use up what you have before purchasing something else or just consider it a loss and lesson learned?[/B]

I spent $100 purchasing most of the Mizani BB relaxer, shampoo, pre-treat etc. The first time my hair was under processed so I bought a small super version and mixed it with my regular Mizani BB. My hair is still not straight like I would like it. I want to try something else. I also bought a huge tub of KeraCare Humecto and other KeraCare products that seemed to work at first but then left my hair dry or blah.
[
That's a lot of money.:dollar::dollar::dollar:

Last edited:
That is alot of money. When products don't work for me I sent them to other members. I wouldn't risk it breaking of my hair if I know it doesn't work for me.

I go through my hair inventory every couple of months. If something didn't work for me it goes straight to the trash. It really doesn't matter how much it cost me. Recently my cousin have found out that I do this and they come by to raid my cabinet. I don't see the sense in using up a product if it doesn't work well for you.

Relaxer: I would try to give it away, or return it if I could.

Conditioner, I would add some honey &/oils to it and use it up mixed with other conditioners or as a prepoo. Sorry you are going through that. I used to use Keracare products exclusively and after a while, they just didn't work the same anymore. I used up what Humecto I had mixing it with other conditioners and got better results.

Depending on where you get it from, some places actually let you bring it back even after you used some. If not, I would try to sell the rest to somebody.

Heck no, I try to get what my money's worth!

If it doesn't work for me, my mom, my aunt, or another close relative/friend, trust me, I'll find a way to sell it or return it. :lachen:

Nope, I mix it up into my "Frankenstein" brew and it always works, tho the only truly expensive stuff I buy I already know and frequently use.

yeah, that's a lot of money... i'd either mix it up w/something else, or give it away if the store won't take it back. I wouldn't sell something i'd used to anyone in my family or friends circle...
I DEFINATELY would'nt keep using it if it doesn't do well w/my hair... that's just asking for trouble:yep:

If a product doesn't work for me or I 'upgrade,' I give it to my little sister. I don't think I would throw anything away unless it was spoiled.

No way! Almost any product can be tweaked!

Now if a product is damaging my hair, then no, I will not use it. But if it just has no effect on my hair, then I will try to supplement it with other products, such as conditioners or oils, until it works. :yep:

Girl, a lot of products are too expensive to just throw away! At the most, I will hardly use it, but I'll still keep it around. For example, I have a large container of Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme. I don't really care for it, but at its price, there's no way that product will ever see the bottom of my trashcan... :nono2:

I take them to the next LHCF meeting and swap/give them away. It's usually something I read about here and someone will want it. If it's some trash I went out on my own with no recs and bought and it was cheap, into the can it goes.

:nono: I exchange them w/ my close youtube buddies. Just last week I traded CD Hair Milk for Quenched Curls Moisturizing Spray.

Or I find another use for them. If I buy a shampoo that dries my hair out waaay too much, I use it to clean my scarves, combs, brushes...etc.

If I have a moisturizer that isn't moisturizing, I'll add a little honeyquat and use it as a prepoo treatment.

Long story short, I will find a way to use that bad boy b/4 I just throw it away :giggle:

B]Would you use up what you have before purchasing something else or just consider it a loss and lesson learned?[/b]

I spent $100 purchasing most of the Mizani BB relaxer, shampoo, pre-treat etc. The first time my hair was under processed so I bought a small super version and mixed it with my regular Mizani BB. My hair is still not straight like I would like it. I want to try something else. I also bought a huge tub of KeraCare Humecto and other KeraCare products that seemed to work at first but then left my hair dry or blah.
[
That's a lot of money.:dollar::dollar::dollar:
Can you return the products. I hope so. It seems most will take the products back if it doesn't produce to the customer what it promised.

I'm asking God to 'favor' you and enable you to be refunded for these purchases. Let them know that you believed in their product and gave it every chance to work for you, but the resulsts left your hair worse than before you started using the product and that you are requesting a refund.

This should help you. And again, I'm praying for you to be highly favored.

Hugs and blessings to you. :giveheart:

As long as it doesn't damage my hair I would keep it around to maybe try adding something to it or try using it a different way...or I would give it to someone...I wouldn't trash it though...that's kind of wasteful when someone out there would be able to use it...

chemical, if it dont work i would throw it away.

but i hated my kenra mc (exspensive) so i tried it with honey and coconut oil right before i was going to throw it away and it made my hair so soft and moisturized. but i still wouldnt buy it again.

Relaxer: I would try to give it away, or return it if I could.

Conditioner, I would add some honey &/oils to it and use it up mixed with other conditioners or as a prepoo. Sorry you are going through that. I used to use Keracare products exclusively and after a while, they just didn't work the same anymore. I used up what Humecto I had mixing it with other conditioners and got better results.

Where is your fotki lady your hair is beautful!!!!!

NO WAY!!! I usually end up giving them away. I have a bottle of Keracare Dry and Itch scalp shampoo that I need to unload....while it makes my scalp feel good its too drying for my hair! I am a mizer....makes me feel wasteful:nono:

I try to take it back or keep it for a rainy day n let friends use it when they come over.

SO ummmm yeah if anybody has some Redken, Design Essentials or Nexxus products thy want to give away, feel free to PM me :yep: It will be greatly appreciated :lol:

Back