Do you tell?

I share what ever info I can give but when I tell people about pre-cond. my hair and baggie or olive oil on my ends they look like WHAT:eek: :eek: :eek: but ohh well I still offer the info they can take it or leave it.

Hidden_Angel said:
I SO AGREE...

I also agree! If you don't want to really know then don't ask because I know for me when I use to talk about what I did to make my hair and what I did to help it grow and be healthy I would get these looks like I'm crazy and I don't know what I am talking about. So I don't really say anything anymore. I'm gonna let my hair speak for itself as well!;)

If someone asks me what I use or do to my hair I will tell them but honestly this hardly ever happens. I think people just think my hair is this long for no reason or I have some secret growth potion. I don't tell anyone about the board....this is my little private getaway, hee hee.

I tell people about this board all the time because I know what works on my hair might not work on anothers. There are some people on here that I introduced to the board that post even more than I do.

I gladly share, but not everyone is interested in all the gory details. In real life it seems all black women want long, healthy hair, but I haven't met any as committed as we are to attaining it.

Last edited:
I have two really good girlfriends; one is white, the other is in dreads. we're so over the hair thing. Hell, they knew me when I was bald from chemo so no, they just really don't care what my regimine is, just that I look happy.

I do tell my SO :lol: cause I make him try stuff with me. He's my hair buddy. I also tell my mother because she enjoys hearing about how my hair is doing. Plus, she gets the stuff I can't use (some people can use ANYTHING:mad: ) I had horrid hair as a kid, neither of my parents knew how to really care for it so it was never long.

My sister dosen't ask because she's got plenty of her own hair. I mean sure I guess if I was asked I'd tell them what I do, but I'm sure i'd get a really incredulous look.

-A

PrincessDiva said:
I agree. When I first discovered LHCF , I tried to share my new knowledge with friends & family only to receive odd looks & negative comments. From now on I'll let my hair do the talking. When I hit waistlength then they will all believe!!:grin:

^^what she said :yep:

I wish someone would have shared with me years ago. I would have the even longer, healthier hair I have always longed for. Don't be selfish!

I've given info on this site etc....& I get the funniest looks....only one person signed up...one girl asked about my edges filling in, saying her daughters edges were bad...I told her it was surge 14...then when I asked her what she used on her 3c hair (same as my daughers), I have 4b...guess what she said...? "Lots of stuff" & walked away....WOW :eek:
After all the negative reactions and strange looks
I don't bother anymore.......

:) :)

I told one person but I won't do it again...she probably thought I was in a cult...:lachen: ...as I was talking I became more and more excited....she

gradually changed the topic and I felt stupid...:perplexed

i tell my family and friends about the site...i even told this stranger in the health food store (she was looking at some natural hair products) and she said she was going to visit....i will tell people if they ask me advice or if i notice one of my family members or someone else having some "difficulties" with their hair :lol:....but i won't tell someone whose hair is long and healthy already :look:

Back