do you tell your last name on the first date?

weaveadiva

i don't

maybe i'm just trippin', but for all i know this dude could google me and be waiting outside my front door the next morning with a machete and a trash bag for the body parts :look:

:lol: y'all get what i'm saying though

to me, this is a personal question for a first date, but it never fails...they always ask, and then get offended when i don't wanna answer

so, do you tell yours? maybe i'm just scary...

what? I guess you have your reasons. I just can't imagine making it all the way to a date not knowing his last name or him not knowing mine. JMO.

When I was dating, I HAD to know the guy's last name b/c my parents and friends had to know who I was going to be with just in case anything happened. I'd also try to get a license plate # too. On that first date, I would ask to exchange licenses to CONFIRM you are who you said you are. I've seen guys do this too to confirm chicks are the age they say they are!

Yes because I always felt I had the best last name in the world and wanted to see if he could possibly match up. I've never been worried about being stalked.

Yes. On the first date his full name, description and license plate were sent to my friends and mother's telephones. Just in case he decided to kidnap me :look:

No I don't, I only give them my cell phone number too - never my home number. My number is protected, so they can't search for me in the phone books online or anything :nono:

My first name is all they need!

I don't get it. I wouldn't even go on a date with someone if I didn't know their full name. Since I expect to know their full name, they are entitled to know mine.

"I'm going out with Broderick today. Broderick who? Oh, I don't know. Broderick is all I know. ":rolleyes::nono:

I do....cuz I'm for dam sure gonna ask for his. I also casually slide in the conversation "so when is your birthday?" so that I can have their date of birth to look them up on the judiciary case search :lachen:

Yes. On the first date his full name, description and license plate were sent to my friends and mother's telephones. Just in case he decided to kidnap me :look:

OMG, you brought back memories? I used to tell my friend the plates, make and model right in front of them, LOL!!! :lachen:

Information given to my parents:
1) His name (first, middle, and last); I would give him my name also; it's only fair
2) Description of what he looks like
3) His phone number
4) His address
5) Info about the car he drives, the whole nine yards
6) Anyone that I might know that he is associated with
7) Not only do I give them all this info, I also have a note pad that I keep in the kitchen with this information on in it.
8) Obvisouly the place we are going to whether it's a restaurant, the zoo, etc. and the phone number

If something were to happen to me, my parents have all the information they need to hunt him down and trust me....THEY WILL. If I ever go missing, I want to be able to provide as much information as possible to help those looking for me.

I don't get it. I wouldn't even go on a date with someone if I didn't know their full name. Since I expect to know their full name, they are entitled to know mine.

"I'm going out with Broderick today. Broderick who? Oh, I don't know. Broderick is all I know. ":rolleyes::nono:

Girl please people have no issues with sleeping with a man before knowing his full name or where he lives so going out on a date without knowing is fair game. :look:

No last name most of the time, no full first name (it's one of a kind might as well give them my address), they don't pick me up, and we meet in a VERY public place. Too many coo-coo birds out there.

I do....cuz I'm for dam sure gonna ask for his. I also casually slide in the conversation "so when is your birthday?" so that I can have their date of birth to look them up on the judiciary case search :lachen:

You don't play! LOL

Yes, my name is so generic that I can tell anyone my name and they would not be able to look me up LOL

nope I might know them for weeks months before I give that info up and if I do it might be slightly altered. Ha ha.

if they give me there's I turn into McGruff.

When I was single, I new my date's full name before the first date, so I didn't see a problem that he knew mine.

I also had a group of grilfriends and we would call each other 30 minutes into our dates to make sure everything was okay. Also, we checked in with each other after our date so we knew each other got home safely. They knew where we were going, his license plate number, phone number and what time I should be back. If I wasn't home when expected, I would get another call. We had a code word, and if the code word was uttered we would be on our way to rescue our girl with police in tow. (That never happened, but it was nice to know help was only a code word away. :yep:)

:lol:

:lachen:

OMG, you brought back memories? I used to tell my friend the plates, make and model right in front of them, LOL!!! :lachen:

This sounds like something I would do if I were single and dating:yep:.

I too had to know the full 411 on them and made sure someone else knew it as well. (Yes, b-day, license plate number, make and model, where they lived, etc.) So yes, they knew my last name because I sure as heck was going to know theirs.

I don't either and now I'm wondering this...

How much info do you have to disclose on your exs?

Guys always ask me what happened to my ex...and I def. don't want to tell that story, so I just say "He wasn't faithful nor honest." and leave it at that. But I was married once before...do I have to dish on that too? I mean if we get serious, then of course, I will let them know but is it bad to not mention it til we reach the 'serious' part?

I don't either and now I'm wondering this...

How much info do you have to disclose on your exs?

Guys always ask me what happened to my ex...and I def. don't want to tell that story, so I just say "He wasn't faithful nor honest." and leave it at that. But I was married once before...do I have to dish on that too? I mean if we get serious, then of course, I will let them know but is it bad to not mention it til we reach the 'serious' part?

I don't think men should be asking about exes at all on the first few dates. That's none of their business.

i feel the same way, and i hate it. that and, "so why are you single?"

My answer: "Same reason why you're single."

Later, a few have told me that they either were trying a sly way to get some info on my dating history... like, am I divorced? Do I have a kid and a baby daddy? etc.

Some say that they're just trying to compliment me. I say, "Well, why not just compliment me then by saying something nice about me?"

Silence.

I confuse a lot of simple guys. :D

The good news is, none of the guys I've actually been serious with, including the current one, ever thought to ask something so silly. My current doesn't even want to know I had past BFs! If I even say something about them in passing, he wants to change the subject quickly. :lol:

That's why I don't get men who want to know all this info on a woman's exes. Doesn't compute to me.

Back