Do you ladies tell your stylists about LHCF? Pics

Nerd.

I can't help feeling like LHCF is a secret cult at times :lachen:
I am very particular with whom I discuss this site with. Some people just don't like hearing the truth and personally I don't have time for all that LIP.

I have been in seclusion for a while, but now I am emerging from the shadows. I have been really down about a very traumatizing setback, but I have collected myself together and have set up a new game plan to try my best to make it through this transition as peacefully as I can.

Yesterday, I went to the saloon for the first time since my last relaxer (almost 9 months ago) to get the ends of my hair that I loved so dearly cut OFF. I really feel that my ends contributed to 45% of my "hair rage episodes". Regardless of how much I babied them, they were just jealous of my relationship with my new growth and acted out like a disobedient child. Broke off completely.

Before:
Photo818-1.jpg

After:

0514001618-1.jpg

0514001620-1.jpg

0514001628-1.jpg

:ohwell: It is pretty short for what I am used to. But my goal is to be natural and that is what I am going to do.
Anyway, of course I walk into the saloon with a head full of new knowledge that I did not have in the past. However, I was not prepared for the nonsense awaiting me.
Fine tooth comb? Brushing through the tangles?? Oil before flatironing!?!!? :burning:
Naturally she doesn't know what I have secretly been learning on the side via LHCF and she proceeded to challenge me with her stone-aged methods. So no, I didn't bother to tell her about this site.
What about you all?

Your cut looks really nice. I know you people with long hair are worried about not having long hair... but you do still have long hair. Now it looks really professional and neat.

Did she yank a lot of hair out with that fine tooth comb? I went to a stylist and I challenged her about using such a comb. But she showed it to me right after it had been in my hair, and it was clean as a whistle.

I don't really tell anyone honestly, well only a my mom, sister and my aunt who is newly natural. I want to tell more people but then again I guess I'm being selfish with my board:rolleyes:
Only a few ppl that ask for my advice about hair I would forward them here:grin:
4give me!

BTW ur hair looks nice and healthy 2 me but good luck with ur future progress

I understand how you feel. I almost feel guilty because I've been going to my stylist for so long. I started making up excuses for why I won't be coming to my regular appointment. LHCF is my little secret. I can't wait to see her in five months and amaze her with all my new growth. :yep: A girl can hope...

My new stylist knows about LHCF and commends me for putting so much time into learning about healthy hair practices! I :love: her lol!

I don't discuss LHCF with ANYBODY! MY family says hair forums ARE cults so I'm gonna keep my cult beliefs to myself....unless I find out you are already a cousin :-)

I told my new stylist about LHCF it felt kinda weird at first but she already knew about the forum and suspected that is where my PJness came from.
My mom and sister know about the forum. I'm trying to get my sister to become a member here, it would probably help her a lot.

I understand how you feel. I almost feel guilty because I've been going to my stylist for so long. I started making up excuses for why I won't be coming to my regular appointment. LHCF is my little secret. I can't wait to see her in five months and amaze her with all my new growth. :yep: A girl can hope...
I felt the same way too about my old hairstylist. I even made an appointment with her then rescheduled and didn't show (it's tacky, I know.) It didn't feel right after gaining all the knoweledge I had from places like this to go back and I'm glad I didn't. I now have an awesome hairstylist so the old one has been dumped.

I told my stylist about LHCF when I was in Atlanta and she immediately thought I was a hair critic for one of the magazines. I was always treated with such dignity and respect. lmao

I tried to 'casually' talk to my stylist about cowashing when I first discovered LHCF. She shot that down immediately. "That's ridiculous! It will break your hair off!" She exclaimed. I never mentioned anything to her again. Looking back she was actually right. Cowashing would break your hair off IF you didn't understand protein/moisture balance. But of course we (LHCFers) do understand it. But she was too busy shooting the idea down to consider it.

I don't tell my current stylist anything. I just come in with my own conditioner/oil mixes, my own relaxers, etc, and have him use those instead of his house products.

Honestly, I don't know anyone who cares about their hair that much. I have a friend who just BC'd about 3 months ago and she's been pressing her hair with a pressing comb EVERYDAY since because she doesn't like her natural curl pattern. I tried to tell her that stove hot combing isn't something she wants to do everyday if ever but she isn't listening so I figured why tell her?

My stylist knows all about the site. I've shared alot of the practices here with her. She never gives me the side eye. As a matter of fact the main things I practice from the board she encourages, i.e cowashing, tea rinses, stretching relaxers, air drying....

I do tell people about this site if I am having a conversation about hair and they want to know more. I've told a coworker, my sister, and a cousin about this site. Stylists, I would never. Stylists tend to think their methods are superior, when in reality, they aren't. I've retained the most length caring for my own hair with the tips on this site than under the care of any stylist.

I understand how you feel. I almost feel guilty because I've been going to my stylist for so long. I started making up excuses for why I won't be coming to my regular appointment. LHCF is my little secret.

Sooo...
basically your creeping around. LOL

I don't discuss LHCF with ANYBODY! MY family says hair forums ARE cults so I'm gonna keep my cult beliefs to myself....unless I find out you are already a cousin :-)

Any immediate descendants from Panama? :)

Back